PDA

View Full Version : Meeting (Sweetwater VS. Abilene Wylie)

mwynn05
10-04-2005, 10:17 PM
'me and jason are planning on coming to the Sweetwater-Wylie game, would anybody be interested in meeting to eat somewhere before the game? or meeting at the stadium before the game and getting seats all together - we're up for anything after the game as well - if you wann get in touch with jason his email is st_jsmith08@tarleton.edu and his AIM is talljason44

injuredinmelee
10-04-2005, 11:46 PM
some of you Sweetwater folks give us an idea of where to eat before the game. Allens wont be open are there any more decent places for a meet and greet?

mwynn05
10-05-2005, 03:30 PM
any suggestions?

Adidas410s
10-05-2005, 05:09 PM
I will be having to drive from North Dallas to Sweetwater after I get out of a job interview there late Friday morning. Would love to meet up wherever but due to time constraints it will probably have to be at the stadium for me. Should we let them sit on the Wylie side Rick??? I remember last time we had DL "foreigners" come to a Wylie game...we put them on the Royse City side and sure enough we won handily. Then again...it was G2 so maybe these guys can't be as bad! :D

Papa Mustang
10-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Buck's Steakhouse is really good and it's located on I-20 & Hwy 70. Little Pablo's is good on Hwy 70 N but it's small. Wwe also have several of the chains such as Pizza Hut, Whataburger, Wendies, Dairyqueen etc. Hope you all enjoy your stay in Sweetwater. I'm sure you'll see a great game.

Ranger Mom
10-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Papa Mustang
Buck's Steakhouse is really good and it's located on I-20 & Hwy 70. Little Pablo's is good on Hwy 70 N but it's small. Wwe also have several of the chains such as Pizza Hut, Whataburger, Wendies, Dairyqueen etc. Hope you all enjoy your stay in Sweetwater. I'm sure you'll see a great game.

Welcome to the board Papa Mustang!!:)

Adidas410s
10-05-2005, 06:04 PM
welcome to the board to you too mama Ranger...:p

sweetwater07
10-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
some of you Sweetwater folks give us an idea of where to eat before the game. Allens wont be open are there any more decent places for a meet and greet?

you could go to Neil's chicken and seafood....i work there so i could hook you up!......its on the corner or twelfth and hailey on the right just past the stoplight

sweetwater07
10-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Papa Mustang

Dude your crazy....LIL Pablos is all deep fried..walk out of there and you will smell and feel like grease....and Buck's their stuff is cooked in the microwave.......Neil's is the place to go!!!

wildstangs
10-05-2005, 09:07 PM
If anyone wants to meet up at halftime, the best place is probably under the scoreboard. At the other end of the bowl they have a gate that seperates the visitor/home side. Rangermom and some others met at the Sweetwater/Greenwood game, and I dont think they had any trouble meeting at the scoreboard end.

Ranger Mom
10-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
If anyone wants to meet up at halftime, the best place is probably under the scoreboard. At the other end of the bowl they have a gate that seperates the visitor/home side. Rangermom and some others met at the Sweetwater/Greenwood game, and I dont think they had any trouble meeting at the scoreboard end.

That's a great place to meet!

We went on the sidewalk outside of the seats.....the gate was shut, but some lady opened it for us and let us through!

Mustangpride09
10-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
you could go to Neil's chicken and seafood....i work there so i could hook you up!......its on the corner or twelfth and hailey on the right just past the stoplight
neil's is probably the best choice...

SwtwtrMstngs04
10-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Mustangpride09 You must be out of your mind.

Mustangpride09
10-05-2005, 09:55 PM
well..... I thin neil's is good, buck's is alright same with little pablo's but my favorite is neil's.

Stownhorse
10-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
well..... I thin neil's is good, buck's is alright same with little pablo's but my favorite is neil's.

Your trippin! La Cocina is the best food in town.

mustang04
10-06-2005, 02:51 AM
DINNER AT MY HOUSE!!!!!

nah jk, but lets decide, cuz me and my roommate (WHSdog) is going to be there....so lets decide

Mustangpride09
10-06-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Your trippin! La Cocina is the best food in town.
im not big on mexican food

mwynn05
10-06-2005, 10:57 AM
What about getting tickets before the game

Bullaholic
10-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
What about getting tickets before the game

Better get therre plenty early, mwynn05---Everybody in West and North Texas is trying to go to this game.

mwynn05
10-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Well were wondering if we cna get someone to get some for us because if we drove out there and not be able to get in

Bubba-Joe
10-06-2005, 11:09 AM
they will sell you a ticket
you may have to sit on the concret endzone area but they aint turnin nobody away from this one

Ranger Mom
10-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Better get therre plenty early, mwynn05---Everybody in West and North Texas is trying to go to this game.

Not EVERYONE...there are a few other games going on too!!:D :p

Bullaholic
10-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Not EVERYONE...there are a few other games going on too!!:D :p

Only the "best" people will be there---did you not get an invitation, RM? (j/k, of course). There will be a "mob" at this game.

Ranger Mom
10-06-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Only the "best" people will be there---did you not get an invitation, RM? (j/k, of course). There will be a "mob" at this game.

Of course I got an invitation!!!:rolleyes:

I am STILL more faithful to my Rangers though!!:D

sweetwater07
10-06-2005, 12:38 PM
there is no way that they will turn you away from this game......our bowl can fit more than needed for this game......worse coems to worse you can sit on the concrete......sucks for me because i have to work until 9:30 so i will only catch the last of the third and the whole 4th...

Bubba-Joe
10-06-2005, 01:28 PM
mom needs to be there for this one
you will kick yourself
who do the rangers play anyhow

injuredinmelee
10-06-2005, 01:45 PM
So in all this no one has stepped forward and said we are going to meet at a certain place. I would do it but Im not sure how soon I am going to be able to leave work.

Adidas410s
10-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
there is no way that they will turn you away from this game......our bowl can fit more than needed for this game......worse coems to worse you can sit on the concrete......sucks for me because i have to work until 9:30 so i will only catch the last of the third and the whole 4th...

that is when things will get good anyways...

Ranger Mom
10-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
mom needs to be there for this one
you will kick yourself
who do the rangers play anyhow

We play Seminole in Seminole. From what I have been able to find out...they are 1-4, their only win was against Levelland 42-22!:eek:

Actually, I would rather see Sweetwater vs. Snyder, if I had a choice!

Ranger Mom
10-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
So in all this no one has stepped forward and said we are going to meet at a certain place. I would do it but Im not sure how soon I am going to be able to leave work.

See....this is what happens when there isn't a "MOM" involved!!:D

pirate4state
10-06-2005, 02:05 PM
if I had a choice! YOU don't have a choice? I find this very hard to believe!! :p :D

Ranger Mom
10-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
YOU don't have a choice? I find this very hard to believe!! :p :D

Well, I DO have a choice...... I choose to watch Greenwood!

If my conscience would let me and I had to choose between watching Sweetwater and Abilene Wylie and Sweetwater and Snyder....it would be Sweetwater and Snyder.

pirate4state
10-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Well, I DO have a choice...... I choose to watch Greenwood!

If my conscience would let me and I had to choose between watching Sweetwater and Abilene Wylie and Sweetwater and Snyder....it would be Sweetwater and Snyder. How far is this Seminole place? I mean you were gonna come watch Sinton/Cuero on Homecoming night no less!! :evillaugh

I'm just messing with you Kell. ;)

Ranger Mom
10-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
How far is this Seminole place? I mean you were gonna come watch Sinton/Cuero on Homecoming night no less!! :evillaugh

I'm just messing with you Kell. ;)

Ummmm....it's about an hour away!:D

But you have to remember....we are in DISTRICT play now where every game matters!!:eek:

I will have someone, Jason or wildstangs calling me in updates though!!:p

pirate4state
10-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Ummmm....it's about an hour away!:D

But you have to remember....we are in DISTRICT play now where every game matters!!:eek:

I will have someone, Jason or wildstangs calling me in updates though!!:p How could I forget!! :doh: It is District games now, huh? Good Luck to your Rangers & be safe on the road!! :)