PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater's Football Stadium...

RoTexRider3
10-04-2005, 09:20 PM
It is amazing. It doesn't even seem like a high school stadium. I went to Sweetwater last year and visited their stadium. It has to be the best in North Texas!

Ranger05
10-04-2005, 09:31 PM
one of the nicest highschool stadiums ive ever seen is Grande in Midland Texas its where Midland High and Lee play

Ranger05
10-04-2005, 09:33 PM
But i will agree Sweetwater has probably one of the Nicest stadiums in 3A

Pmoney
10-04-2005, 09:55 PM
its an ok stadium.....ive seen better but i have also seen worse like greenwoods is horrible

Mustangpride09
10-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
its an ok stadium.....ive seen better but i have also seen worse like greenwoods is horrible

a snyder tiger calling another towns stadium horrible? snyders stadium slightly resembles a junkyard.

Pmoney
10-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
a snyder tiger calling another towns stadium horrible? snyders stadium slightly resembles a junkyard.
how???

ML05
10-05-2005, 02:12 AM
I heard they enlarged the visitors side this year? If so, that's a *big* improvement!!!

SpreadtheRed
10-05-2005, 03:52 AM
Sweetwater Mustang Bowl is one of the most unique and historic stadiums in TEXAS. Great atmosphere with the cement walls amplifying the noise. Does anyone remember the Stephenville vs. Sweetwater game when the stadium was filled to capacity w/ people sitting all the way around the cement? Incredible sight. Snyder's stands are scary, the wood looks as if it will crumble to pieces w/ rotten wood through and through. Mustang Bowl is #1.

sweetwater07
10-05-2005, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09

RIGHT!!!!!! I can't believe we have to play them at that dump.......thats ok though we will beat them on their GRASS even if we don't have our TURF.........Snyder ppl would talk trash about our bowl wouldn't they!!!!
just because yall don't have one.............

Black_Magic
10-05-2005, 07:28 AM
Trash?? who is talking trash> Just look back on this thread... not one thing bad was said about the mustang bowl.... BUT YOU put down Tiger staduim. Snyder Built its stadium with its own funds. NOT WPA government money in the 30s like others.:rolleyes:

Phantom Stang
10-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Trash?? who is talking trash> Just look back on this thread... not one thing bad was said about the mustang bowl.... BUT YOU put down Tiger staduim. Snyder Built its stadium with its own funds. NOT WPA government money in the 30s like others.:rolleyes:

With all the oil related money that Snyder has, and the fan support y'all CLAIM to have,... Why doesn't Snyder build a decent place for their Tigers to play at???

Ranger Mom
10-05-2005, 08:30 AM

When is the last time you have been to Greenwood?

The visitors stands have doubled in size....we completely resodded the field a couple of years ago. As soon as football season is over we are building a brand new field house.

We are in the process right now of building a new baseball/softball complex. (I would even have to agree that the baseball field was terrible).

Oh yeah....our reserved section on the home side of the football field has the fold down seats.

Granted...it's not the best stadium in Texas or even in 3A....but I think it's FAR from being "horrible"!

Snyder_TigerFan
10-05-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
With all the oil related money that Snyder has, and the fan support y'all CLAIM to have,... Why doesn't Snyder build a decent place for their Tigers to play at???

Have you seen our baseball field? At least it's been restored to excellent condition. Probably one of the nicest in West Texas.

I personally don't think our stadium is that bad...it could probably be revamped. Better than the others in our district, excluding Sweetwater.

Black_Magic
10-05-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
With all the oil related money that Snyder has, and the fan support y'all CLAIM to have,... Why doesn't Snyder build a decent place for their Tigers to play at??? As far as 3A fields go It is a large field. Seats 4000. Best Grass anywhere in West Texas No doubt. It IS diecent and far from trashy.:rolleyes: BUT we Did build it our self with our Money not Government money like someone els did.

Stang99
10-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Have you seen our baseball field? At least it's been restored to excellent condition. Probably one of the nicest in West Texas.

I personally don't think our stadium is that bad...it could probably be revamped. Better than the others in our district, excluding Sweetwater.

I will say that Moffit field is one of the if not the nicest fields around. as far as football goes, I never got a chance to play on turf in the bowl so that is a mute subject to me. So therefore playing surface has no bearing to me. But i think you can judge the stadiums "niceness" from how well the fans can see the game. That being said the bowl does have an advantage over other area teams just because the seats are elevated from the playing surface. All the other area stadiums I have played on are pretty equal in quality. Anyone ever play in Fort Stockton??? Now that is a pasture!! How bout we worry about how well the teams play rather than how good our stadiums are compared to others! Go Stangs!

Phantom Stang
10-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
BUT we Did build it our self with our Money not Government money like someone els did.

Whenever I show Mustang Bowl to a stranger, I always point out with pride that it was originally a WPA project. When first completed, it was an all earth structure, with grass slopes and standard bleachers.
It was renovated in the late 1960's by adding the concrete slopes and seating areas. Sometime later the wooden seats were replaced with aluminum ones. All of these improvements were done without government funds.

sweetwater07
10-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

Snyder's is nothing special but you know for Merkel being an "alright" team they have a nice stadium...........but ill give yall that snyderis the best besides ours in our distict

ML05
10-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Brownfield re-did their stadium this last year, and it is really nice. Fairly small, but great new facilities. 4A Andrews' Mustang Bowl is nice as well.

Black & Gold
10-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Wylie's home side is nice. A ton of seats. Their visitors side definitely needs some updating though. Personally, I think that Andrews would be one of my favorites, even though that isn't 3-A. I would like Sweetwater's much more if the concrete part were either more seating or grass, or something other than concrete wasteland. It is pretty nice though.

DU_stud04
10-06-2005, 08:01 AM
dont really see a bowl out there in andrews....more of a tacoshell.....:) :devil: :p

SpreadtheRed
10-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Mustang Bowl in Sweetwater actually plays host to a good team. I would hardly call Andrews a team anymore. Moffitt field is nice in Snyder. Lots of other baseball fields are just as good if not better in Lubbock though. Mustang Bowl is the greatest high school football stadium ever in my opinion.

Pmoney
10-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by SpreadtheRed
Mustang Bowl in Sweetwater actually plays host to a good team. I would hardly call Andrews a team anymore. Moffitt field is nice in Snyder. Lots of other baseball fields are just as good if not better in Lubbock though. Mustang Bowl is the greatest high school football stadium ever in my opinion.
you are just being a homer....Grande Stadium in Midland or Ratliff Stadium is alot better....they can seat more people and they dont have stupid cement all around the stadium(thats retarded) if its gonna be a bowl have seats all around....o ya a survey was made like 5 yrs ago or so about the best hs baseball stadiums in tx and snyder was #2...only behind a stadium somewhere around the dallas area

DU_stud04
10-06-2005, 04:12 PM
one thing i hated about moffet field was the infield was freakin fast...then again i loved it cause i'd always burn yall on it;)

Pmoney
10-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
one thing i hated about moffet field was the infield was freakin fast...then again i loved it cause i'd always burn yall on it;)
are you from arlington cause i dont know when snyder played an arlington team

Ranger Mom
10-06-2005, 06:47 PM
If I am not mistaken, he is from Sweetwater!

kepdawg
10-06-2005, 07:53 PM
I've only seen one game in Sweetwater, a playoff game a couple of years ago that Sweetwater wasn't involved in, and while the stadium is nice I didn't see anything that makes it any better than most stadiums.

mustang04
10-06-2005, 07:54 PM
are you from arlington cause i dont know when snyder played an arlington team :doh: :doh: :doh:

yeah hes from arlington...and im from snyder:D :devil:

Ranger05
10-06-2005, 08:18 PM
I actually enjoyed playing on our "horrible" field because i knew nobody liked coming to greenwood to play us :)