PDA

View Full Version : Should Wylie have beaten Decatur?

jakarta101
10-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Ill give it to wylie they did look pretty good, that quaterback is fast, but im not convinced that they should have won the game.....what do ya'll think? But then again they did win it sooo........who knows?

Leopards,class of 75
10-04-2005, 06:01 PM
The answer to your question is yes!

Adidas410s
10-04-2005, 06:29 PM
hmm...let's look at this...

Decatur got up 9-0 early...throws an INT in Wylie territory and then by the end of the 1st quarter Wylie is up 15-9. They stretch it to 23-9 before Decatur gets a FG before half to make it 23-12. Decatur scores early in the 3rd to get it to 23-19 before Wylie scores twice more in the 3rd to make the score 36-19 heading into the 4th. Decatur scores...Wylie scores...and Decatur scores again scored to make the final score 43-33. Wylie ran for 236 yards on 37 carries (6.4 yds/carry) and Case was 10 of 17 for 222 yds and and 2 TD's. The numbers alone show you that after the first few minutes of the game that Wylie was in control and Decatur never seriously threatened Wylie after the 1st quarter.

Gobbla2001
10-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Maybe your question should be:

Should Decatur have lost to Wylie?

Because after reading your post, I get the feel that you believe Wylie was either an unworthy opponent, or one that just should have not been able to beat Decatur...

If this is the case, then 'obviously' Wylie did what they had to do to win, and Decatur did not, meaning Wylie was in-fact the better team that night, and 'should' have won...

Bullaholic
10-04-2005, 06:46 PM
You might have had a better shot at asking this question about last year's 2nd game, but I don't think so about this one. Wylie left no doubt about who the better team was last Friday night. Decatur is going to continue to win, and they will be in the mix for some time to come in the playoffs.

Roll'em up
10-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Possibly the reason the question is being asked is due to the fact that Decatur did outgain Wylie by nearly 100 yds of offense. I can't remember the exact yards, but it was over 500 yds of offense. Decatur had too many breakdowns on defense and gave up big plays that possbly shouldn't have been. There was a 4th and 1 where Decatur had stopped the run well short of the line of scrimmage and Keenum pulled the ball away from his running back (as he was being driven backward by several defenders) and scored. It was a judgemental call, but the officials should have possibly blown the play dead. Also there was a 4th and 5 where Keenum throws a pass where his receiver dove for what may have been an uncatchable ball with a defender close and a pass interference call was made. This resulted in a score a couple of plays later. Decatur's offense played a very good ballgame and proved they can move the ball against a good defense. It will be interesting to see how much better Decatur will get as the year moves on. Should Decatur have won? No, they gave up to many big plays to get the win. If they could have had a little help on judgemental calls by officials or just made a couple of plays that got away from them they could have won the game.

Gobbla2001
10-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Roll'em up
Decatur had too many breakdowns on defense and gave up big plays that possbly shouldn't have been.

There's one reason why WYLIE should have won the game...

VWG
10-04-2005, 09:55 PM
If I had a nickel for every time somebody explains WHY their team loses....

wildstangs
10-04-2005, 10:19 PM
No...I was there. After Wylie cleaned up their mistakes, they jumped all over Decatur.

BMOC
10-04-2005, 10:30 PM
As I have said in an earlier post, Wylie is the type of program that can beat any team on any given night. Just look at last year's run in the playoffs. They weren't supposed to beat Canyon, or Decatur, or Cuero.

So to answer your question, Yes, Wylie should have beaten Decatur.

injuredinmelee
10-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Decatur is obviously the CENTER of the Texas High School Football UNIVERSE. They should win every game every week and if they did lose it is their own fault. There is no way that any team could be better than the Mighty Eagles. No way at all. Tell me it isnt so.

injuredinmelee
10-04-2005, 11:42 PM
did you make the same type of posts when Gainesville kicked the crap out of you?

jakarta101
10-05-2005, 08:20 AM
i didnt mean to take anything away from wylie, they were a good team and will have a good season, but i went to the game and i left thinking that i could've seen the game go either way......just a thought , just a question.........

Phantom Stang
10-05-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Roll'em up
There was a 4th and 1 where Decatur had stopped the run well short of the line of scrimmage and Keenum pulled the ball away from his running back (as he was being driven backward by several defenders) and scored.

To see video of this play, go to
http://www.reporter-news.com/abil/sp_fb_hs_av

Phantom Stang
10-05-2005, 08:38 AM
Watch the video and tell me...
Is Keenum a playmaker or what?

Adidas410s
10-05-2005, 08:44 AM
the video makes one thing clear...when you can't stop the big play...or in this case about 8 big plays...you won't win the football game!

injuredinmelee
10-05-2005, 09:03 AM
I will give you that the pass interference call was BAD. Shouldnt have been flagged. I think that was the first time the back judge threw his flag all night long. Stupid penalties also hurt the Eagles. The Illegal Procedure calls on the onside kicks were lack of coaching. They had to know that you must have at least 4 players on each side of the kicker. The worst part is they flagged it the first time then they flip sides after the next td and do the same thing. The Head coach wasnt very happy with his special teams coach.

Roll'em up
10-05-2005, 11:20 AM
There is no way that any team could be better than the Mighty Eagles. No way at all. Tell me it isnt so.

I don't recall anybody making a post saying this.....

They should win every game every week and if they did lose it is their own fault.

Isn't that the way you expect good programs to think? So what you are saying is that Graham is a better football team than Wylie, and that Wylie shouldn't expect to win.

did you make the same type of posts when Gainesville kicked the crap out of you?

Nope! Gainseville is bigger, faster, stronger, and more physical than any team that Decatur has faced this season, including Wylie.

I will give you that the pass interference call was BAD. Shouldnt have been flagged. I think that was the first time the back judge threw his flag all night long. Stupid penalties also hurt the Eagles.

Thank you for making my point. The game was only 10 pts. Take away the pass interfence at a point in the game where Decatur could have gained some momentum it could have been a different outcome. If you recall my post said:
Should Decatur have won? No, they gave up to many big plays to get the win. If they could have had a little help on judgemental calls by officials or just made a couple of plays that got away from them they could have won the game. I don't think anybody here said they were a better team. There is no doubt that Wylie has much more talent on their sideline.

injuredinmelee
10-05-2005, 12:01 PM
I just wanted him to back up what he was saying. Also I gained a semi dislike for some of the Decatur people last year. After yall waxed our butts in Decatur then before the playoff game and the week following. I just jmp on most comments that some Decatur fans make. Probably not a good policy but I havent eliminated it as of yet. I am still waiting to see something from natedawg who said Wylie could gain respect by beating Decatur.

injuredinmelee
10-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Nope! Gainseville is bigger, faster, stronger, and more physical than any team that Decatur has faced this season, including Wylie.
I think the Gainesville Cuero State Championship matchup will be a GREAT GAME! Ill travel to whereever they are playing that one.

Leopards,class of 75
10-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I think the Gainesville Cuero State Championship matchup will be a GREAT GAME! Ill travel to whereever they are playing that one. That would be awesome for them to meet again for the Championship!!! My senior year we played Cuero and we lost to a great team. (1974)

NateDawg39
10-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Actually what i was saying was that you would gain my respect by beating Decatur. I apolagize for any comment i made about yall needing to beat Decatur. They havent played up to my expectations yet. Right now i dont see any of the seniors getting another chance at Wylie. Again im sorry for my inability to say what i really mean. I just have a lot of love for my Eagles