PDA

View Full Version : Downlow, rank the NCAA's...

big daddy russ
10-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Since KTJ's been running around, I decided I'd pick up where he left off with the college rankings. It was a good idea, so just rank the top 25 (well, at least the top 10) teams in the country. PM me or post it on here, doesn't matter. I'll tally everything up Thursday morning.

3afan
10-04-2005, 04:17 PM
here's my shot at a top 10:

1 - USC
2 - Texas
3 - Ohio St
4 - Alabama
5 - Va Tech
6 - Fla St
7 - Florida
8 - Tennessee
9 - Notre Dame
10 - LSU

Bullaholic
10-04-2005, 04:22 PM
This is how I see em':

1. USC
2. Texas
3. Alabama
4. VA Tech
5. Ohio State
6. Fla St
7. Tenn
8. Fla
9. N. Dame
10. LSU

And the best part-----No OU anywhere in sight!

SintonFan
10-04-2005, 04:36 PM
mine too, I've watched alot more NCAA football this year than the last 3 years combined...
1. USC (hands down the cream of the crop)
2. Virginia Tech (young Vick can eclipse old Vick with a national title...)
3. Texas (Young and that Freshman RB Charles look like a top 3 team, but are they worthy of no. 2 or 1?)
4. Alabama (sweet team plays lights out last week and every week to solidify a top 5 vote)
5. Georgia (can you say solid overall)
6. California (they looked great every week, win against a good Arizona team helps)
7. Notre Dame (just my gut feeling and RUDY RUDY RUDY...)
8. Florida State (ugh, Florida! all of it is over-rated ;))
9. Wisconsin (not just good cheese, good football too)
10. Texas Tech (did I say that? top ranked offense only bows down to top ranked defenses, vast majority of teams maybe 95% can't slow them down much less stop them. Get a good D and "Katy bar the door")

lostaussie
10-04-2005, 04:44 PM
(1) USC
(2-10) ALL THE REST

Leopards,class of 75
10-04-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
(1) USC
(2-10) ALL THE REST Good pick, can't go wrong there!

Pmoney
10-04-2005, 06:22 PM
1-USC
2-Texas
3-V. Tech
4-Notre Dame
5-Alabama
6-Ohio St
7-Florida St
8-Tennesse
9-Cal
10-LSU

Ranger05
10-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
mine too, I've watched alot more NCAA football this year than the last 3 years combined...
1. USC (hands down the cream of the crop)
2. Virginia Tech (young Vick can eclipse old Vick with a national title...)
3. Texas (Young and that Freshman RB Charles look like a top 3 team, but are they worthy of no. 2 or 1?)
4. Alabama (sweet team plays lights out last week and every week to solidify a top 5 vote)
5. Georgia (can you say solid overall)
6. California (they looked great every week, win against a good Arizona team helps)
7. Notre Dame (just my gut feeling and RUDY RUDY RUDY...)
8. Florida State (ugh, Florida! all of it is over-rated ;))
9. Wisconsin (not just good cheese, good football too)
10. Texas Tech (did I say that? top ranked offense only bows down to top ranked defenses, vast majority of teams maybe 95% can't slow them down much less stop them. Get a good D and "Katy bar the door") I agree with pretty much all of those but wheres Ohio State i think there deff. a top 10 team

Adidas410s
10-04-2005, 06:43 PM
1 - Texas (Have not really shown in "chinks in the armor" so far this year. Assuming they get by BlowU, they should easily take care of an overrated Tech offense in Austin and an Aggie team that is fading FAST. Yeah the game is at Kyle Field but with the exception of the OU game last year the 12th Man is NOWHERE NEAR what it used to be. Yes this is a homer pick...heck there are a few writers giving Texas a #1 vote...and I can justify it because...)
2 - USC (they have been dominated in the 1st half of the last 2 games they have played...though they have rebounded in the 2nd half as the opponent came out flat, I have a feeling that between UCLA and/or ND will NOT fold at halftime and knock off USC. I think that Weis is the man to do it. After the MSU game the defense has looked a lot better and he is starting to develop solid schemes to go with his amazing offense.)
3 - Ohio State (lost to Texas by a few and finally have their QB situation figured out
4 - Virginia Tech (defense is lights out but I still don't think Vick is as good as advertised...he is where Vince Young was last year. Immensely talented but hasn't proven himself in a big game. We will see what happens once Tech gets to play Miami, FSU (if they make the the ACC championship game)
5 - Alabama (very impressive against Florida, but the #1 playmaker is gone so they could drop...and drop FAST!!!)
6 - Notre Dame (Charlie Weis, Brady Quinn, and Darius Walker...combine that with an improving defense...BCS, BCS, BCS)
7 - Tennessee (Clausen is hurt but is going keep playing at all costs [see McNabb] and this team somehow keeps finding a way to win when they shouldn't)
8 - Florida (The Alabama game was an abberation and Meyer will continue to have this team contending for the SEC)
9 - Wisconsin (They do have a somewhat favorable schedule the rest of the way and also the talent to carry Alvarez off into the sunset via a BCS game)
10 - LSU and Miami (As much talent as any other team in the country and WHEW can they fly...)

Gobbla2001
10-04-2005, 06:53 PM
1. USC (until someone beats 'em, you can't really vote against 'em with that much talent, but if they start out slow like they have been against a great team, they ARE going to lose)
2. UT (a very experienced defensive and offensive unit... great WR's and two very good RB's not including Vince Young, do not forget Selvin Young... very good special teams as well)
3. Virginia Tech (Vick is a very good QB and has his head on straight this year, great defense as usual, and very good offense, and they are always leading in the special teams categories, very dangerous team)
4. Ohio State (They're just ranked too low for a team who was leading UT most of the way, this is a case of UT just being better, not OSU not being a great contender)
5. Cal (don't know too much about them besides that they are good, lot of revenge on their minds as well, they want to get into a BCS game)
6. Florida State (Good talent that needs to continue to roll, great coaching staff as a whole, may be a team to pay attention to as the season goes along, could get better)
7. Tennessee (Looks like they have found their QB... not a bad RD either, good receivers and a decent defense, great coach... we'll see what happens the rest of the year, though...)
8. Georgia (they field some of the best talent that college football has to offer, their talent alone makes them a top ten team year in and year out, what are they going to do with it this year? not a bad team at all)
9. Alabama (Shula is doing a great job there... A very good defense, quick... good offense... will miss their WR a bit, but I think that things have turned around for the better over there... Roll Tide Roll)
10. Notre Dame (watch out, these kids are on the rise... very impressive in their wins)

LSU is still a team to watch out for, though... They will have a hard time coming out of SEC play unharmed (as we have already found out with their loss to Tennessee), but if they are able to, they could be looking for a BCS bowl game bid depending on how the rest of the top 10 shakes up throughout the year...

PENN STATE - it is really great to see Joe PA getting things turned back around... He is not too old to be coaching, he knows what he is doing... The problem is that they guy tries to get athletes who are not going to cause problems, he is more after their personalities than he is their talents, those are the kids he wants to coach... he has finally ran 'back' into a group that are VERY good athletes, have great personalities suited for him and play VERY well together... gunna be a group to watch...

SintonFan
10-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
I agree with pretty much all of those but wheres Ohio State i think there deff. a top 10 team
They lost at home... enough to keep them out of my top 10. I have them at 11 or 12, close but there are better teams imho. They might slow Tech but could they beat Tech at home?:thinking: Who knows....:D
I would have UCLA in the top 15 mix somewhere...

SintonFan
10-04-2005, 07:07 PM

lostaussie
10-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
3. Virginia Tech (Vick is a very good QB and has his head on straight this year yep, that's why he flipped off the opponents fans this week. got his head on straight, and his middle finger cocked.

big daddy russ
10-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Finally, here's mine...

1. USC
2. Texas
3. VaTech
4. FSU
5. Georgia
6. Cal
7. Bama
8. Wisconsin
9. Penn State, yes Penn State