PDA

View Full Version : LG / Rockdale Punts

cdlvj
10-04-2005, 10:22 AM
With Rockdale's total yardage advantage, the main reason they only got 7 offensive points was the kicking of Seifert. An amazing 50 yard average on 9 punts.

lepfan
10-04-2005, 11:02 AM
His brother had a leg too.

Dogman_1969
10-04-2005, 11:02 AM
I agree with that. that is the best punter I've seen in several years. His first punt was picked up by Austin Bergstrom radar.

Chris Hart
10-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Punters and kickers can be huge weapons, especially in the playoffs. A 50 yd avg. on 9 punts is very good. Burnet has a sophomore kicker, who never missed an PAT or FG his freshmen year, which he started as varsity kicker. He missed one PAT in the first game of this year, but is perfect on PATs and FGs since. He also made a 52 yd FG into the wind 2 weeks ago against San Marcos. This boy is almost a lock as a Div I recruit. Ironically, he is the FIRST accurate kicker that I ever remember Burnet having.:)

lostaussie
10-04-2005, 04:41 PM
52 yards!!!!!!!!!! wow, that is strong for high school. hell thats strong for any league. with a leg like that he will go places.

cdlvj
10-04-2005, 07:18 PM
and probably should add another 4 yards to that. Last year the punter was 11 yards back. This year he lines up at 15 yards back. Would not know the pros/cons on this.

Chris Hart
10-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by cdlvj
and probably should add another 4 yards to that. Last year the punter was 11 yards back. This year he lines up at 15 yards back. Would not know the pros/cons on this. What's his season avg.? Do you know? What class is he?

cdlvj
10-05-2005, 07:47 AM
This was his 1st game, as Neiser avg around 32 yds got hurt.
Very puzzled about this. He is a senior.

Old Tiger
10-05-2005, 08:57 AM
I was like "CRAP!" on that 1st punt it was freakin long

lepfan
10-05-2005, 09:12 AM
He should have strong legs! I remember him as a kid (before he got his driver's license) riding his bicycle from one side of town to another just to go to his friend's house. He rode that bicycle hard all the time... :)

cdlvj
10-06-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Punters and kickers can be huge weapons, especially in the playoffs. A 50 yd avg. on 9 punts is very good. Burnet has a sophomore kicker, who never missed an PAT or FG his freshmen year, which he started as varsity kicker. He missed one PAT in the first game of this year, but is perfect on PATs and FGs since. He also made a 52 yd FG into the wind 2 weeks ago against San Marcos. This boy is almost a lock as a Div I recruit. Ironically, he is the FIRST accurate kicker that I ever remember Burnet having.:)

Well said. The kicking game was a key weapon when La Grange went to finals back a few years back. This Seifert's brother was the punter and kicker back then.