PDA

View Full Version : Region II Game of the Week (6): Canton @ Brownsboro

LH Panther Mom
10-04-2005, 10:05 AM
District 15: Canton Eagles at Brownsboro Bears

Canton has one loss to 4a Mabank in a close game, scorewise. Brownsboro is undefeated to date and could be one of the darkhorses of Region II. (Should we say "Beware of the Howling Bear"? ;) )

Your thoughts?

Bullaholic
10-04-2005, 10:09 AM
I think G.J. Kinne is too much of a complete athlete for Brownsboro to handle. If this kid is "on" Friday---I say Eagles by 10.

lostaussie
10-04-2005, 10:12 AM
brownsboro in an upset.

Txbroadcaster
10-04-2005, 01:03 PM
If Brownsboro wins I would not call it a real upset. Brownsboro is a solid team with a bunch of staters back from the last couple of years.

Jason Johnson and Rico Richards are the big weapons on offense for the Bears. Their QB Mcgee is solid if not amazing. They play good sound defense.

Canton of course is led by Kinne, but do not forget Jonathan Ellis and Barlow Reid on offense. The defense is aggresive and plays hard. Canton's main weakness so far this year is simply turnovers.

Not only is this an important game in 15-3A, but it is a great match-up of styles. Canton with the spread, Brownsboro with the ole fashion running game.

lostaussie
10-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Well i wouldn't really call it an upset either. it's just that i've been in east texas a long time, and when i think of brownsboro football.............. well you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FootballChik98
10-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Hopefully Canton can start district off with a win. It should be a good, close game. I'm just mad I won't be there to see it! :mad:

kaorder1999
10-06-2005, 10:28 PM
brownsboro will win this one and it is not an upset. Brownsboro is loaded with talent and they proved it when they beat a very good kaufman team early in the season

Txbroadcaster
10-07-2005, 01:03 AM
I have my breakdown of this game on TXPN

TXPN (www.txpn.net)