PDA

View Full Version : Region I Game of the Week (6): Abilene Wylie @ Sweetwater

LH Panther Mom
10-04-2005, 09:31 AM
AP's # 10 Abilene Wylie @ # 3 Sweetwater

The Bulldogs of AW appear to have their groove back with the win over Decatur. The Mustangs have key players with tremendous speed, but will it be enough to win?

Johnny Moxen
10-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Should be a great game, I am going out on a limb and say Wylie by 10.

dutchman
10-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Abilene Wylie by 14

lostaussie
10-04-2005, 10:14 AM
gonna be a good one. wylie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullaholic
10-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Stangs on the home rug, by 10. Bulldogs are tough anywhere, all the time, but I do think the Stangs speed will prevail in this one.

jmcgee
10-04-2005, 10:54 AM
In the bowl its always hard to come out with a victory. I'll say Sweetwater by7

sweetwater07
10-04-2005, 11:16 AM
We've got Skye Green and Joseph Banyard on the carpet......gonna be hard to catch them thats for sure.....
Sweetwater 28- Wylie 14

injuredinmelee
10-04-2005, 12:06 PM
going to be alot of fun to watch.

injuredinmelee
10-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Meet and greet before, during, or after?

VWG
10-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Not only is this a great matchup on the field.... but what about on the sidelines? Hugh Sandifer is a great coach.... I think the best in all of 3A. Kent Jackson is a great coach also, and this should be a good game of the "football brains".
Sandifer is a lock to stay at Wylie.... but Jackson will probably bolt from Sweetwater once a higher classification school with more $$ hits him up.

eagleman
10-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Have to go with the Dogs. We beat Levelland 45-21 and would have to say they are not a very good team. Would pick they only win 1 district game and don't make the playoffs. Stangs would have to be a different team this week to beat AW.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-04-2005, 01:22 PM
I'll go with Sweetwater but I wouldn't bet a penny on this one. Good luck to both teams.

Ranger Mom
10-04-2005, 05:29 PM
After we played both teams I would have picked Sweetwater in a heartbeat. But with so many players sidelined for the Mustangs, I'm not so sure anymore.

Oh...what the heck....I still gotta go with the Mustangs in a close one!

Phantom Stang
10-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Being a Sweetwater homer I gotta go with the hometown boys in this one. Not gonna say by how much tho.:cool:

Black_Magic
10-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
After we played both teams I would have picked Sweetwater in a heartbeat. But with so many players sidelined for the Mustangs, I'm not so sure anymore.

Oh...what the heck....I still gotta go with the Mustangs in a close one! saw that one comming:clap:

Black_Magic
10-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Wylie by 14+

Stownhorse
10-04-2005, 08:03 PM
This will be a fight till the end.Whoever comes out with a loss will still get credit in my book....Sweetwater by 7.;)

RoTexRider3
10-04-2005, 08:48 PM
This game right here will not only decide who wins the district but also who has the better team. As I was reading this over the weeks, I noticed that there was a lot of talk about who's better, Wylie or Sweetwater. Case Keenum hasn't been playing to his full potential, but I think this is the week he steps it up. Graham and Decatur both put dents in his team by defeating them, but they will be patched back together. Sweetwater will test Wylie's defense with their unbelieveable speed. THIS WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST GAMES THIS SEASON. Good Luck to both teams in this one!

Mustangpride09
10-04-2005, 09:59 PM
well.... seeing how we had 5 starters benched against leveland due to injuries, most of which was our o-line, and we have gotten two of them back, i think we'll win this one by 14.

Stownhorse
10-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
well.... seeing how we had 5 starters benched against leveland due to injuries, most of which was our o-line, and we have gotten two of them back, i think we'll win this one by 14.

Dont get big headed.Wylie has a heck of a line on both sides of the ball too.

BMOC
10-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Even the polls are tied. This is going to be a good one. I'll have to keep my ears open this weekend to see how it ends up. Good luck to both teams.

injuredinmelee
10-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by RoTexRider3
This game right here will not only decide who wins the district but also who has the better team. As I was reading this over the weeks, I noticed that there was a lot of talk about who's better, Wylie or Sweetwater. Case Keenum hasn't been playing to his full potential, but I think this is the week he steps it up. Graham and Decatur both put dents in his team by defeating them, but they will be patched back together. Sweetwater will test Wylie's defense with their unbelieveable speed. THIS WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST GAMES THIS SEASON. Good Luck to both teams in this one!

uhhhhhh Wylie beat Decatur.

sweetwater07
10-05-2005, 06:56 AM
if our backs run to their full potential then there is no stopping us......Wylie Bulldogs or not we will just be too fast for them.......
Sweetwater by 14

Black & Gold
10-05-2005, 07:31 AM
I'll take Wylie, but not by much.

Whsdogs
10-05-2005, 08:46 AM
Wylie...just dont think the stangs can hang with them...but im goin to this game and cant wait!!

Ranger Mom
10-05-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
saw that one comming:clap:

:eek: Am I that transparant??

Black_Magic
10-05-2005, 08:59 AM
:eek: Am I that transparant?? I believe that If Sweetwater was not so far away that You would go to thier games more. Id bet that there is not one team you like more than sweetwater with execpion to greenwood ( not by alot though ). Just by what I read.

Ranger Mom
10-05-2005, 09:05 AM
I believe that If Sweetwater was not so far away that You would go to thier games more. Id bet that there is not one team you like more than sweetwater with execpion to greenwood ( not by alot though ). Just by what I read.

WOW!! I AM transparant!!:p

No wonder I never do good at poker!:thinking:

Bubba-Joe
10-05-2005, 09:37 AM
MOM's have always been a great judge of class and character!
:) :) :)

Adidas410s
10-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
We've got Skye Green and Joseph Banyard on the carpet......gonna be hard to catch them thats for sure.....
Sweetwater 28- Wylie 14

Just so ya know...carpet would be artificial turf. You guys have field turf. It's really not much faster than grass. I haven't been on the Sweetwater field but some places the rubber granules are so loosely packed that the field is actually slower than a regular grass field.

sweetwater07
10-05-2005, 12:21 PM
I haven't been on the Sweetwater field but some places the rubber granules are so loosely packed that the field is actually slower than a regular grass field. [/B][/QUOTE]

the rubber in our turf isn't loosely packed.......i would say that our field is faster than regular grass for sure......

Stownhorse
10-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Just so ya know...carpet would be artificial turf. You guys have field turf. It's really not much faster than grass. I haven't been on the Sweetwater field but some places the rubber granules are so loosely packed that the field is actually slower than a regular grass field.

This isnt about the turf.

Ranger Mom
10-05-2005, 05:34 PM

Still?? I didn't notice any of that when we played there!

I remember 4 years ago when my son, who was a freshman, played there. You could see that "granules" kicking up when they ran. After the game my son came up to me and had them stuck to the side of his face.

I thought after 4 years they would have settled though!

Mustangpride09
10-05-2005, 06:08 PM
not MUCH faster than grass?!?!?! are you crazy? i could cut my 40 in half by running on that vs. grass.

Mustangpride09
10-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Still?? I didn't notice any of that when we played there!

I remember 4 years ago when my son, who was a freshman, played there. You could see that "granules" kicking up when they ran. After the game my son came up to me and had them stuck to the side of his face.

I thought after 4 years they would have settled though!

i play on that field everday (freshman team) and trust me its packed tight as can be now.

Bullaholic
10-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Let's cut to the chase--Stangs backers want a "fast" track and Abiline-Wylie backers want it to be a "slower" field. Point is--2 good teams duke-ing it out on the same field be it "slow" or "fast". Can't wait for the kickoff Friday night. Best of luck to two great Texas highschool squads.

Ranger Mom
10-05-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Can't wait for the kickoff tomorrow night.

Tomorrow night?? Am I missing something?

NateDawg39
10-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Keenum will run all over them. I think he will have about 100 yards or so. and throw for around 250.duhhhh

Bullaholic
10-05-2005, 07:57 PM
Tomorrow night?? Am I missing something?

Nope RM, I'm just trying to speed things up 24 hours---Sorry.

Ranger Mom
10-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Nope RM, I'm just trying to speed things up 24 hours---Sorry.

Well darn....I was gonna be so happy....I thought I was gonna get to see this one!!:p

Mustangpride09
10-05-2005, 10:00 PM
i just hope robertson doesnt try to pull what i hear hes been doing the past two weeks.

RMAC
10-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Speed kills, but defense wins championships. . . guess we'll see on Friday.

mustang04
10-06-2005, 02:47 AM
sweetwater in a close one....

its gonna be awesome takin my roommate from abilene wylie to sweetwater w/ me, we are gonna fight the whole way there haha:D

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2005, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
its gonna be awesome takin my roommate from abilene wylie to sweetwater w/ me, we are gonna fight the whole way there haha:D

I can just imagine the ride back to ASU! :eek: :p

injuredinmelee
10-06-2005, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
not MUCH faster than grass?!?!?! are you crazy? i could cut my 40 in half by running on that vs. grass.

magical turf... i think this will go down to the last possesion just like last year.

NateDawg39
10-06-2005, 09:14 AM
I dont think either team will win!! Theyll go into infinite overtime because of how even they are!! but if not!! then Wylie by 14+, but they need to work with the D this week. My Eagles put up big numbers even in the loss so hopefully theyll work extra hard.

Black_Magic
10-06-2005, 10:25 AM
One thing that IS good about this game. Someone is going to LOSE!:D

sweetwater07
10-06-2005, 12:14 PM

I think Snyder will beat wylie along with us tomorrow night.......

mustang04
10-06-2005, 12:47 PM
oh BM, is it ok that i call u BM? doesnt matter cuz ill do is anyways....but anyways, im gonna LOVE it after yall finish 3rd in the district...ABSOLUTELY LOVE it:D :)

Black_Magic
10-06-2005, 12:59 PM
oh BM, is it ok that i call u BM? doesnt matter cuz ill do is anyways....but anyways, im gonna LOVE it after yall finish 3rd in the district...ABSOLUTELY LOVE it:D :) I know you will if that happens. BUT, will you love the crow I will serve you and all the other big mouths for saying all this stuff if it comes out another way?? I am a little smarter than to be as bold as you and other sweetwater folks are in saying Snyder is Overrated. I realize there are 3 top 10 teams in the district. I will just sit back and comment on things without giving any ammo or making any bold predictions. One thing though... If you and your fellow fans are going to continue to make bold statements or predictions, you need to think about how you like Crow. BBQ, Fried, Baked, or Roasted.

PS. I dont remember but maybe you can tell me... How did you have your crow last december after the sweetwater - Snyder game? and did you have any for Christmas dinner?:clap:

Bubba-Joe
10-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Blackie
you are still living in that moment
Thought we had us a gentlemans agreement to wait 2 more days before we started the fireworks
Blackie Blackie Blackie

Black_Magic
10-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Blackie
you are still living in that moment
Thought we had us a gentlemans agreement to wait 2 more days before we started the fireworks
Blackie Blackie Blackie AW SHUKS!!!! He threw the first punch!

Adidas410s
10-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Let's cut to the chase--Stangs backers want a "fast" track and Abiline-Wylie backers want it to be a "slower" field. Point is--2 good teams duke-ing it out on the same field be it "slow" or "fast". Can't wait for the kickoff Friday night. Best of luck to two great Texas highschool squads.

The "speed" of the field has never really mattered much to Wylie. Heck my senior year we played Aledo and (even worse) Everman @ Birdville when it was still artificial turf. We didn't have 1 guy that could run a solid 4.5 but it didn't matter...our defense still dominated both games. The same could be said for what we did with Taurean Henderson in the championship. Holding him to right around 100 yards on about 25-30 carries when he had been averaging 185/game @ yds/carry. A well coached defense and, more importantly, a solid scheme can negate any "team speed."

mustang04
10-06-2005, 03:24 PM
One thing though... If you and your fellow fans are going to continue to make bold statements or predictions, you need to think about how you like Crow. BBQ, Fried, Baked, or Roasted.

PS. I dont remember but maybe you can tell me... How did you have your crow last december after the sweetwater - Snyder game? and did you have any for Christmas dinner?:clap:

i like my crow like how snyders defense is gonna be against sweetwater...BURNED

last season.....i cant remember what the crow tasted like...maybe u can tell me sometime

Whsdogs
10-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I can just imagine the ride back to ASU! :eek: :p
ha yah it should be fun...being the friend i am...ill bring a box of tissues or somethin LH :D

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
ha yah it should be fun...being the friend i am...ill bring a box of tissues or somethin LH :D

Awwwww. That's so sweet of you. I'm sure he'll appreciate it! :D

Black_Magic
10-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
ha yah it should be fun...being the friend i am...ill bring a box of tissues or somethin LH :D By the way mustang-04 talks you may want to stop off and get some fried crow. I think Wylie will take them tonight by 14+... I Know people may think Im crazy but This game could get Ugly. Could be worse than 14 pts. My oppinion. Not to take anything away from Sweetwater because they are a great team, Just dont think they can stop Keenum in the air.

mustang68
10-07-2005, 09:41 AM
IF the same Mustang team shows up tonight, that went to Levelland, and Wylie gets the same breaks as Levelland, the score could be 63-15 Bulldogs.:( :eek:
I see a game much like last year. One that could go either way.

Black_Magic
10-07-2005, 09:48 AM
i like my crow like how snyders defense is gonna be against sweetwater...BURNED

last season.....i cant remember what the crow tasted like...maybe u can tell me sometime Havenot made any bold predictions and have not said what Snyder would do to Sweetwater ( unlike you ) so your the one who has opened your self up to eat it. I hope Snyders D isnt buned vs Sweetwater. I hope it is more like last December when Snyder was in Sweetwaters backfield as much as it was or even more.

Bubba-Joe
10-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Blackie you be jumpin the gun again
may have to limit you comments next week
you have already used 2 days of trash
I guess you will be on limited probation Sat and Sunday
gotta stick to the aggrement

how good is Clyde anyway?????

vet93
10-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Well...I was picking the Mustangs to win district at the end of last season (before the rankings and the bandwagon jumpers). I still think that the Mustangs will win. However, two things worry me on my prediction. 1) If Sweetwater plays like they did against the loboes...then they are toast (I guess the same could be said for Wylie and their game against Graham). 2) Sandifer has a knack for preparing kids for big games. I have seen him win too many games that he is not supposed to win. Wylie's strength of schedule is also much stronger. I think that it will be a close game that in the end will be decided by less than a td.

Whsdogs
10-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Awwwww. That's so sweet of you. I'm sure he'll appreciate it! :D
hey gotta look out for my roomie and best friend huh?? haha:D

Black_Magic
10-08-2005, 12:24 PM
By the way mustang-04 talks you may want to stop off and get some fried crow. I think Wylie will take them tonight by 14+... I Know people may think Im crazy but This game could get Ugly. Could be worse than 14 pts. My oppinion. Not to take anything away from Sweetwater because they are a great team, Just dont think they can stop Keenum in the air. Guess I was right about this one ay Mustang 04??? did your roomate feed you fried or burnt crow?? I knew the excusess of starters being out would come. Snyder also has had 3 starters out but you have not heard snyder fans making any excuses.

sweetwater07
10-08-2005, 01:37 PM
And the award for the most unsportsmanlike, cheapshoting and cheating team goes to ABILENE WYLIE!!!!!!! WOW i over heard them say to our team "wonder waht happened to all yalls fans" after the game......and the late hits....wow i asked some WYLIE folk if they made sure to bring their Refs home with them and not leave them behind........

Adidas410s
10-08-2005, 01:52 PM
And the award for the most unsportsmanlike, cheapshoting and cheating team goes to ABILENE WYLIE!!!!!!! WOW i over heard them say to our team "wonder waht happened to all yalls fans" after the game......and the late hits....wow i asked some WYLIE folk if they made sure to bring their Refs home with them and not leave them behind........

are we really going to have this little kid debate? I can sit here and point out certain Sweetwater players kneeing a certain Wylie player in the ribs frequently hoping he would retaliate. I could talk about a certain Sweetwater coach come running across the field throwing, kicking, and screaming at anything in sight. I could point out Sweetwater getting called for late hits TWO plays in a row...but yeah that would definitely be something that high school kid would do so I won't waste my time with the childish arguments. I believe Sweetwater was called for all of 2 holding calls all night...so PLEASE don't try and discuss the refs being biased. In my opinion, it was a very loosely called game with the exception of the personal fouls. Knowing a few of the officials that were calling the game (I have umpired baseball with them for 5 years or so) I can tell you that they are VERY no nonsense refs who would be refs I would tend to catagorize as flag happy and not letting a lot of things go. And for the record...those guys have kids at Abilene High and have no affiliation to Wylie...but then again that would only be for a childish debate...one in which I would obviously not be able to win with you! :D

lostaussie
10-08-2005, 03:50 PM
And the award for the most unsportsmanlike, cheapshoting and cheating team goes to ABILENE WYLIE!!!!!!! WOW i over heard them say to our team "wonder waht happened to all yalls fans" after the game......and the late hits....wow i asked some WYLIE folk if they made sure to bring their Refs home with them and not leave them behind........ win with humbleness. lose with dignity.

Johnny Moxen
10-10-2005, 11:14 AM
sweetwater07 And the award for the most unsportsmanlike, cheapshoting and cheating team goes to ABILENE WYLIE!!!!!!! WOW i over heard them say to our team "wonder waht happened to all yalls fans" after the game......and the late hits....wow i asked some WYLIE folk if they made sure to bring their Refs home with them and not leave them behind........

Sports Do Not Build Character...They Reveal It
- John Wooden