Fourth Quarter
ITM - Hennigar 15 run (Taylor kick), 11:02
G - Morris 12 pass from Earl Henning (kick fail), 3:27

Goliad Ingram Tom Moore
First Downs 13 23
Rushes-Yards 33-173 31-152
Passing Yards 45 282
Comp-Att-Int 0-15-0 0-29-0

Rushing - Goliad, Joseph Jones 8-18, Adam Morris 15-95, Matt Niemeyer 10-60. Ingram Tom Moore, Team 31-152.

Passing - Goliad, Matt Niemeyer 8-15-1-45. Ingram Tom Moore, Team 18-29-0-282.

Receiving - Goliad, Jared Erickson 1-3, Joseph Jones 2-6, Jonathan Martinez 2-11, Adam Morris 3-25.

AP Panther Fan
10-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Looks like Adam Morris might be the one to watch. I believe he and Niemeyer are both very good basketball players.;)

SintonFan
10-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Ingram is looking pretty strong this year. They might prevent Bandera from making the playoffs. That said, Goliad's loss to them might be deceiving about how good Goliad really is. Last year I think they suprised some of us, me included. I expect a Sinton win, but it might be on the order of last weeks OG game.

RiverRat19
10-04-2005, 12:15 PM
I think Ingram is a little down compared to last year... Ingram v. Bandera will be a good game!!!

Gobbla2001
10-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Goliad really wasn't that good last year and do not bring back what made them decent last year...

I dunno how they made the playoffs last year...

SintonFan
10-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Goliad really wasn't that good last year and do not bring back what made them decent last year...

Weak overall(cept for Sinton) 30-3A helped? This year I honestly don't know how our district is either. With Ingleside so young, AP up and down and Mathis having a yoyo(loss to Odem, big wins over Zapata and Fal) season who knows?

Gobbla2001
10-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

I actually take that back, I remember last year saying I felt they could make the playoffs...

They returned 7/9 starters last year after going 0-5 in our district... the thing was, our district had teams returning about the same amount...

I remember asking their wide receiver, Bobby Burnett, some time after the season if it felt good that they made the playoffs... He said it felt good... I asked 'em if they were that much bigger and faster and he said no, just more experienced... Goliad had been graduating all of their starters for a long period of time until last year, they finally had experience on their team, he said that was the key... said they may have gone 0-5 again in 26-3A...

Bobby and his family live across the highway from the place I hunt at, so that's how I know him... decent kid, sure knew how to get into that 'small-town' trouble though he lived about 10 miles outside of town... just small stuff, like going to the golf course and joy-riding in golf-carts ha... typical kid...

CueroGobblers
10-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Sinton shouldn't have a problem with Goliad this Friday.Take it easy and make such no one gets hurt. I know that this year Mathis will give Sinton a run for there money. Mathis is looking real good. Coach Zepede has done an excellent job in just a year after taking over. The kids have really gotten the system down and I believe that they have a bye week this week but next week they will play INgleside. Anyways, Cuero in the other hand it has been awhile and hopefully we can git r done this Friday.(I know we will) Touchdown Gobblers:clap:

SintonFan
10-05-2005, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the opinions yall. :clap: :)
LETS GO PIRATES!!!!!
WIN DISTRICT!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil C
10-05-2005, 10:12 AM
It will be tough. I say Sinton wins 30 to 14. I hope there are no injuries on either side.

Phil C
10-05-2005, 10:17 AM
In 1836 during the Texas Revolution Colonel Fannin and his troops were stationed at Goliad at La Balia (called Fort Defiance). Colonel Fannin sent some men to Refugio to get recruits but they were meant by the Mexican Army who killed them off. Colonel Fannin was ordered to leave Goliad immediately by General Sam Houston but he didn't obey the order because he wanted to wait for the men that went to Goliad. This was costly because when they finally retreated they were overtaken by the Mexican army. Upon orders of Santa Anna the prisoners were all shot and this became known as the Goliad Massacre. Colonel Fannin was also executed. His only request was that he be shot in the heart and not the head. This request was not honored. This incident along with the Alamo inspired the Texans at San Jacinto as the Mexican Army was defeated. Thus came the battle cry "Remember the Alamo! Remember Goliad!"

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2005, 10:52 AM
i dont know why, but these next 4 games dont really interest me... and theyare supposed to be the most important ones..

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i dont know why, but these next 4 games dont really interest me... and theyare supposed to be the most important ones..

tell that to the kids from the other 4 teams in your district! :mad:

We can't all be Sinton or Cuero, but don't take away from their efforts to play football. Aaron, I like you to much to take serious offense at your comment, but give us a break.

pirate4state
10-05-2005, 10:59 AM
i dont know why, but these next 4 games dont really interest me... and theyare supposed to be the most important ones.. :eek: :eek: I understand. We may be surprised though. ;)

pirate4state
10-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

We can't all be Sinton or Cuero, but don't take away from their efforts to play football. Aaron, I like you to much to take serious offense at your comment, but give us a break. :D Careful, you don't want to piss off the few Cuero fans that don't think Sinton can stand on the same field!!! :evillaugh :evillaugh

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2005, 11:04 AM

We can't all be Sinton or Cuero, but don't take away from their efforts to play football. Aaron, I like you to much to take serious offense at your comment, but give us a break.

its not a knock on the other 4 teams in the district, but moreso a frustration after a lackluster performance the last 2 games i've seen(beeville and orange grove). THe offense is just frustrating to watch. I just really dont get it... we have like 3-5 RBs that you can hand the ball off to and gain 4-5 yards a play, and what do we do? Pass... that is something i dont understand and why im frustrated as a fan right now.

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2005, 11:06 AM
and oh yeah, im doing everything within my power to be able to attend this weeks Region IV Game of the Week :D Im very anxious to see Aransas Pass and Ingleside play eachother.

pirate4state
10-05-2005, 11:09 AM
its not a knock on the other 4 teams in the district, but moreso a frustration after a lackluster performance the last 2 games i've seen(beeville and orange grove). THe offense is just frustrating to watch. I just really dont get it... we have like 3-5 RBs that you can hand the ball off to and gain 4-5 yards a play, and what do we do? Pass... that is something i dont understand and why im frustrated as a fan right now. .... I better be nice :eek:

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 11:12 AM
its not a knock on the other 4 teams in the district, but moreso a frustration after a lackluster performance the last 2 games i've seen(beeville and orange grove). THe offense is just frustrating to watch. I just really dont get it... we have like 3-5 RBs that you can hand the ball off to and gain 4-5 yards a play, and what do we do? Pass... that is something i dont understand and why im frustrated as a fan right now.

You don't even know frustration, at least you are winning. We all have our "off" years...it just so happens that you guys continue to win even during those times. Big "hats off" to your coaches for that alone. As for play calling, only God knows what they are thinking sometimes.;) :D

Glad to hear you might be at the game. I hope you find your way over to the AP side ... I can usually be found in the home parking lot at halftime.:D

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2005, 11:15 AM
You don't even know frustration, at least you are winning. We all have our "off" years...it just so happens that you guys continue to win even during those times. Big "hats off" to your coaches for that alone. As for play calling, only God knows what they are thinking sometimes.;) :D

Glad to hear you might be at the game. I hope you find your way over to the AP side ... I can usually be found in the home parking lot at halftime.:D

It is confirmed that i WILL be at the game this friday :) i just hope my Never Ending S Stickers dont get me in too much trouble.

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
It is confirmed that i WILL be at the game this friday :) i just hope my Never Ending S Stickers dont get me in too much trouble.

You better park at the tennis courts or baseball field.:D

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2005, 11:17 AM
oh yeah, about the passing game... Its not that i hate it... give me the ball in SBs hands every time... its just that we have an abundance at RB... we should USE THEM...

*off of my soap box*

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2005, 11:18 AM
You better park at the tennis courts or baseball field.:D

how about at that run down bar at the end of the road?

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 11:20 AM
how about at that run down bar at the end of the road?

hey, that's an idea, good thing it's closed or you might not make it to the game. :kiss:

pirate4state
10-05-2005, 11:23 AM
how about at that run down bar at the end of the road? why don't you just go to AP's house and park there? :D

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
why don't you just go to AP's house and park there? :D

ummm how far away is that from the HS?

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 11:25 AM
why don't you just go to AP's house and park there? :D

lol....it is closer! :D But a neverending S sticker in my drive-way...:thinking: well, I guess that would be okay for a day.;) :D

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 11:27 AM
ummm how far away is that from the HS?

right across the street, long black fence....everyone laughed at me when I painted it black, but you can't miss it!:)

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2005, 11:29 AM
lol....it is closer! :D But a neverending S sticker in my drive-way...:thinking: well, I guess that would be okay for a day.;) :D

not just a Never Ending S, but my Helmet Skulls too! :eek:

pirate4state
10-05-2005, 11:30 AM
lol....it is closer! :D But a neverending S sticker in my drive-way...:thinking: well, I guess that would be okay for a day.;) :D :doh: I forgot to tell you that I put one on your ice chest!! :evillaugh :p :D

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2005, 11:32 AM
:doh: I forgot to tell you that I put one on your ice chest!! :evillaugh :p :D

HAHA!!

i forgot to say it earlier,.. but this thread has been

PIRATED!!

Phil C
10-05-2005, 11:32 AM
You have to be careful because you never know what can happen in high school football. Even the teams not so strong can beat a top ranked team on any given day. I remember the year I graduated from Freer High School we had an excellent team with mostly seniors and in the last district game of the year we played Benavidas in Benavidas. We already had the district cinched and had a good record while Benavidas didn't have a winning record. We had beat them bad the year before and were favored by 28 points which many considered conservative. This turned out to be a rough game. Cat22's father and uncle were on this Freer team. Benavidas only made three first downs but they overthrew two long passes over receivers who were wide open - in fact one of them might have been able to get a td. Other than that Freer would march down the field but they couldn't get those last few yards for a td. They had fourth and one several times and Benavidas would hold them. Finally at the end of the fourth quarter we got another drive going. The officials were looking at the first down marks one time and let about 40 seconds run off the clock while they were trying to decide if it was a first down. Freer got down inside the three but couldn't score. Finally on fourth down with 7 seconds left Freer (Cat22's uncle) kicked a field goal to win the game for Freer 0 - 0. Other than the two long passes Benavidas had no thread and were really hoping for the scoreless tie but it was a great effort on their part and let everyone know that anything can happen in high school football.

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 11:35 AM
:doh: I forgot to tell you that I put one on your ice chest!! :evillaugh :p :D

:eek: lol....you are on your toes today!:D

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
You have to be careful because you never know what can happen in high school football. Even the teams not so strong can beat a top ranked team on any given day. I remember the year I graduated from Freer High School we had an excellent team with mostly seniors and in the last district game of the year we played Benavidas in Benavidas. We already had the district cinched and had a good record while Benavidas didn't have a winning record. We had beat them bad the year before and were favored by 28 points which many considered conservative. This turned out to be a rough game. Cat22's father and uncle were on this Freer team. Benavidas only made three first downs but they overthrew two long passes over receivers who were wide open - in fact one of them might have been able to get a td. Other than that Freer would march down the field but they couldn't get those last few yards for a td. They had fourth and one several times and Benavidas would hold them. Finally at the end of the fourth quarter we got another drive going. The officials were looking at the first down marks one time and let about 40 seconds run off the clock while they were trying to decide if it was a first down. Freer got down inside the three but couldn't score. Finally on fourth down with 7 seconds left Freer (Cat22's uncle) kicked a field goal to win the game for Freer 0 - 0. Other than the two long passes Benavidas had no thread and were really hoping for the scoreless tie but it was a great effort on their part and let everyone know that anything can happen in high school football.

If that story was supposed to encourage me, the happy ending would have been Benavides winning. Just kidding, I get your drift!:D

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2005, 11:42 AM
If that story was supposed to encourage me, the happy ending would have been Benavides winning. Just kidding, I get your drift!:D

its more of a friday night lights feel... ya know...

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 11:43 AM
its more of a friday night lights feel... ya know...

yep, dissappointing ending!:D

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2005, 11:48 AM
this thread did wonders in talking about Sinton vs Goliad

Phil C
10-05-2005, 01:16 PM
I remember the Texas vs Oklahoma game in 1975. Back then it was obvious that Oklahoma had UT beat in personnel and OK was a definite favorite which is just like today but in the reverse. UT played a great game in a losing effort by 24 to 18. The key play was in the first quarter when the UT quarterback did a lateral to the halfback who dropped the ball and it rolled into the end zone that OK recovered for a td. That was the difference in a close game where UT made a great effort though being definite underdogs.

gobblerfan02
10-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Have Sinton winning this one handidly.....and Phil, not to get "ancy", but not all of us were even thought of in 1975!:D

Buccaneer
10-05-2005, 01:41 PM

That is Sinton's whole philosphy. They already know that can outrush most of their opponents. But to be prepared for the playoffs they have to have a passing game. It is hard to develop a passing game in practice so they use real games to fine tune it.

However I am not sold on this year's rushing game yet!

sinton3055
10-05-2005, 02:07 PM
I will most likely be at this game because its where I

sinton3055
10-05-2005, 02:16 PM
went to school and hope for Sinton to shut them down. I know all them guys over in goliad and they will have someone by the name amado martinez playing for the first time and I hear his pretty good. He was hurt the first couple of games, other than that there is no threat in goliad most of their talented players left graduated last yr. Those guys spend to much time at Shroeder hall, out in the sticks some of yall cuero folks might know where thats at lol. Its a place where most of goliads high school kids go and get their drink on. There is no tigers den either Phil C LOL, more like a litter box.

Phil C
10-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Have Sinton winning this one handidly.....and Phil, not to get "ancy", but not all of us were even thought of in 1975!:D

That is true but you know the old saying History repeats itself! :)

Phil C
10-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by sinton3055
went to school and hope for Sinton to shut them down. I know all them guys over in goliad and they will have someone by the name amado martinez playing for the first time and I hear his pretty good. He was hurt the first couple of games, other than that there is no threat in goliad most of their talented players left graduated last yr. Those guys spend to much time at Shroeder hall, out in the sticks some of yall cuero folks might know where thats at lol. Its a place where most of goliads high school kids go and get their drink on. There is no tigers den either Phil C LOL, more like a litter box.

It is forbidden for minors to drink or have alcoholic beverages.

maroonpirate04
10-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Pirates Of The Gulf---Curse Of The Neverending S:D

sinfan75
10-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Have Sinton winning this one handidly.....and Phil, not to get "ancy", but not all of us were even thought of in 1975!:D I grajeated in 75'! Planted in 55! Born in 56!! And here I is today!!!:p :D

pirate4state
10-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Who is making the trek to Goliad? I'll be there.

Phil C
10-06-2005, 02:05 PM
I won't be able to make it but I will listen to the radio and plan to meet the boys when they get back to town with signs at the school. Plus I plan to go to the Booster Club on Monday night. I didn't get to go to the one last Monday because I had to go see the junior high volleyball games with Aransas Pass that night.

pirate4state
10-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I won't be able to make it but I will listen to the radio and plan to meet the boys when they get back to town with signs at the school. Plus I plan to go to the Booster Club on Monday night. I didn't get to go to the one last Monday because I had to go see the junior high volleyball games with Aransas Pass that night. We know you'll be there in spirit! :)

Ranger354
10-06-2005, 02:13 PM
I was looking all over for this thread. Just happened to glance down the page to where it said Temp Forum. I couldn't figure out why no one was talking and all the dates were from last month on the other forum.

Sinton by 28. And you guys and gals will have to watch this one without me. I will listen to it on the radio though.

The deer lease calls and with this "cool" front coming in that will get my neck to swelling....

sinfan75
10-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
That is Sinton's whole philosphy. They already know that can outrush most of their opponents. But to be prepared for the playoffs they have to have a passing game. It is hard to develop a passing game in practice so they use real games to fine tune it.

However I am not sold on this year's rushing game yet! The best runnin back they have hasn't run a down on offense JMO. They're commited to the pass this year. I realize Mitchell wants to keep him fresh for defense but at least let him get a few touches to see if he can break a long one. The back they have just can't the yards in this offense.

sinton3055
10-06-2005, 06:39 PM
I'll be there.

piratebg
10-06-2005, 06:56 PM
My brother-in-law was a starting offensive tackle for Sinton in 03 and 04. He said that the he has been watching the o-line in disgust. They are doing more cut blocking than anything because they are unable to run block. Pass blocking seems to be the only thing that they can do good. He said he spoke with one of the line coaches and the coach said that until they come around the Pirates will have to rely primarily on the pass. I have only made one game this season, but the offensive stats, so far, seem to support this. Any thoughts?

Blastoderm55
10-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
My brother-in-law was a starting offensive tackle for Sinton in 03 and 04. He said that the he has been watching the o-line in disgust. They are doing more cut blocking than anything because they are unable to run block. Pass blocking seems to be the only thing that they can do good. He said he spoke with one of the line coaches and the coach said that until they come around the Pirates will have to rely primarily on the pass. I have only made one game this season, but the offensive stats, so far, seem to support this. Any thoughts?

Probably accurate. I think Ramirez has the most rushing yards on the team. I know he tore up Beeville when they played here, so he's probably getting most of his yards spreading out the defense and running keepers.