PDA

View Full Version : Next Season Pre-District?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-03-2005, 09:50 PM
I know there is still a lot of football left this year, but Coaches are already looking for games in Pre- District for next year. Talk in Bellville is not many area teams will play us next 2 years, so the travel time to this games will increase looking for opponents.
Would be nice to play closer to home, but not many takers, La Grange would be a good Pre- District game. Heard the new coach said yes, but then backed out. Talked to a Yoakum coach and he said we were not going to play Bellville next 2 years. I would asume Gonzales would do the same? Im sure we could get a game with Marlin and Cameron , but dont know about Caldwell.
Anyone hear any more on who Bellville will get to play in Pre-district next season???
Im sure there are other teams with this same problem, look at Marlin and Graham, almost a 4 hour drive for a Pre- District game. looks like you will have to play teams that are in the same boat, and do some traveling in Pre-District!

Gobbla2001
10-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Y'all could maybe come to Cuero next year if we have a spot...

We'll most-likely be going to Sealy, wouldn't want two trips to Austin County in the same year ha...

Gobbler Fan
10-03-2005, 09:56 PM
The way I understand is we have several spots --------La Grange, West Oso , Wharton and I thought it was Sealy it may be Sinton dont want to play with us anymore :(

Matthew328
10-03-2005, 10:01 PM
good 3A teams always have trouble finding opponents...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Our Pre-District was tough this year with 3 top 15 teams to start the season.
Next season could it be, Marlin, Cameron Yoe, Cuero, there are 3, that will be in the top 20 next year with Bellville. Can it get any tougher???????

District303aPastPlayer
10-03-2005, 10:06 PM
i wouldnt doubt it if sinton and cuero discontinued their in season meeting solely for the fact of a playoff meeting coming at almost a guarentee each year... sorta redundant to play the same team twice...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Hey Matt, give us 5 Pre-District opponents??????

sinfan75
10-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i wouldnt doubt it if sinton and cuero discontinued their in season meeting solely for the fact of a playoff meeting coming at almost a guarentee each year... sorta redundant to play the same team twice... I think fuel costs will dictate where teams play next year when possible. I'd like to see Sinton-Cuero keep playin. But it may not happen. Sinton G-P may not happen either because Harris thought his G-P teams could never lose to Sinton and they're 2-2.

sinfan75
10-04-2005, 05:09 AM
On another note I also see a Sinton vs. Alice match-up over the horizon.

sinfan75
10-04-2005, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
The way I understand is we have several spots --------La Grange, West Oso , Wharton and I thought it was Sealy it may be Sinton dont want to play with us anymore :( Would it be possible that maybe both sides agreed not to play each other?:thinking:

Johnnypaycheck
10-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Columbia vs Bellville is a strong possibility...

FbCoachB40
10-04-2005, 08:56 AM
i wouldnt doubt it if sinton and cuero discontinued their in season meeting solely for the fact of a playoff meeting coming at almost a guarentee each year... sorta redundant to play the same team twice...

This is the same reason that Wharton may stop playing Cuero. I know that the kids love that game. They look at Cuero as their rival more than El Campo.

Have Bellville contact Wharton, we have the same problem finding opponents. Two years ago, we couldn't get anyone, so we have to travel to austin (3hrs) to play Fredricksburg. This all because Edna, Rice, and numerous others would not play. I think Wharton vs. Bellville would be a great matchup

scotty
10-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Realignment will change a lot of things and could have a big effect on Dist 20-3A. It appears that Rice is going 2A so that would leave 20-3A short a team. It’s been said that Hallettsville was also going 2A and that would leave that district a team short as well.
If you recall Sealy was in Region 4 a few years back and that could happen again. Until realignment there isn’t much telling what will happen. Nineteen 3A is a 7-team district so maybe one of those teams will move in another direction???

District303aPastPlayer
10-04-2005, 11:20 AM
dont be surprised if sinton plays:
Alice
Skidmore-Tynan
Refugio
and any other school in the area a former sinton coach is at... i would love Odem to be in that mix too

UPanIN
10-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Bellville always has a good solid team. Sometimes a great team. You would think other schools would want to play them just to get their kids ready for the games that matter.

But if you get pounded by a team you might say "no more".

Look at Brenham. That game had so much history and then Navasota really pounded them two yeas ago (50-23) and they said "no more we're going in a differant direction".

pirate4state
10-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Alice
Skidmore-Tynan
Refugio
and any other school in the area a former sinton coach is at... i would love Odem to be in that mix too I don't think Sinton will be playing Alice anytime soon...

Johnny Utah
10-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Bellville will be really good for the next two years for sure!!!! Did I tell anyone they were my team to watch this year???

SintonFan
10-04-2005, 12:17 PM
Alice
Skidmore-Tynan
Refugio
and any other school in the area a former sinton coach is at... i would love Odem to be in that mix too
An Odem game would be great. They moreso than Taft "play lights" out against Sinton. Almost every game is a good or great game.
Skidmore is quickly becoming the local 2A power with Orroyo(sp?) established there. This would not be a bad game imho.
Alice? Watch out, I bet if they don't make the playoffs this year then next year they will probably start a new string of consecutive playoff appearances. This game would benefit Sinton with adding a top-flight program(soon to come) to learn from and measure up against.

District303aPastPlayer
10-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
An Odem game would be great. They moreso than Taft "play lights" out against Sinton. Almost every game is a good or great game.
Skidmore is quickly becoming the local 2A power with Orroyo(sp?) established there. This would not be a bad game imho.
Alice? Watch out, I bet if they don't make the playoffs this year then next year they will probably start a new string of consecutive playoff appearances. This game would benefit Sinton with adding a top-flight program(soon to come) to learn from and measure up against.

Arroyo... and it would be great to see these teams match up.

sinfan75
10-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I don't think Sinton will be playing Alice anytime soon... With Davis there I don't see why not. I can also see Sinton playin Rockport, Flour Bluff, Tuloso Midway and Robstown.

AggieJohn
10-04-2005, 05:06 PM
if cuero and sinton meet up again, we have to have the flag there

District303aPastPlayer
10-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
With Davis there I don't see why not. I can also see Sinton playin Rockport, Flour Bluff, Tuloso Midway and Robstown.

i had heard of a sinton vs. their former coaches schedule next year.. which would be GREAT if you ask me

sinfan75
10-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Alice
Skidmore-Tynan
Refugio
and any other school in the area a former sinton coach is at... i would love Odem to be in that mix too Skidmore is almost 1A. No! Refugio is headin the same way. that ain't gonna happen. Alice is the best possibility along with some other 4A schools in the area. Odem could end up back in 3A next year. Noticed how many new homes been built in Odem the last couple years? And guess what, they fixin to build sh$t load more. Calallen North?

District303aPastPlayer
10-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Odem South II @ Angelina Estates

sinfan75
10-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Odem South II @ Angelina Estates yeah that one.

SintonFan
10-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Odem South II @ Angelina Estates
I saw that! Right where I wanted to build my fireworks superstore!:(
Now where did I put that $400,000 to buy that land?:doh:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Marlin, Cameron Yoe, Cuero, Columbia, all we need is one more in the top 20 for next pre-season.

SintonFan
10-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Marlin, Cameron Yoe, Cuero, Columbia, all we need is one more in the top 20 for next pre-season.
I'd love to see Sinton play you guys in pre-season. Goodness, just the travel for this game would get both teams ready for the playoffs. lol The last time we played was one of my all-time favorite games I've watched regardless of classification or league. The fan following down here for 3A and below isn't pretty. I know you guys bring a large crowd and it would be a good game.:)

SintonFan
10-04-2005, 06:08 PM
The way I understand is we have several spots --------La Grange, West Oso , Wharton and I thought it was Sealy it may be Sinton dont want to play with us anymore :(
I'm gonna be frank and say that as far as talk on this board, playing against Cuero isn't as fun. All the crap from Cuero explayers just leaves me tired and defensive trying to defend why I root for my team. I mean, how dare I root for the Pirates...:eek:
I know Cuero friends, it's just a few bad apples, but it is draining to a fan. :(

Bull's-eye
10-04-2005, 06:30 PM

Sure would like to see 4A Brenham!! Tired of all the disputes over who won those scrimmages. I have great respect for Sinton and their great football program, maybe they could meet half way at a neutral site. :thinking:

SintonFan
10-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Sure would like to see 4A Brenham!! Tired of all the disputes over who won those scrimmages. I have great respect for Sinton and their great football program, maybe they could meet half way at a neutral site. :thinking:
Victoria is a little over an hour for Sinton... how long does it take yall?

Gobbler Fan
10-04-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm gonna be frank and say that as far as talk on this board, playing against Cuero isn't as fun. All the crap from Cuero explayers just leaves me tired and defensive trying to defend why I root for my team. I mean, how dare I root for the Pirates...:eek:
I know Cuero friends, it's just a few bad apples, but it is draining to a fan. :(

Not to mention the drive home after another loss to Cuero :D

nexfan
10-04-2005, 08:12 PM
I think a Bellville vs. Columbia matchup would be great. You would get to deal with Jared Flannel as a senior. Good luck to anyone defending him next year. Bellville isnt to terribly far from West Columbia. I think we played ya'll in baseball last year but it might have been in the LaGrange tournament, I'm not sure. I would like to see West Columbia try to schedule more difficult 3a games in the future. Maybe Sinton, Rice Consolidated, Sealy, Bellville and a good golden triangle matchup...Bridge City, Barbers Hill, Anauhac, West Orange Stark. It would also be fun to play these teams in Basketball and Baseball as well. Good topic whoever started it. War Roughnecks. Rack me, I'm out!

SintonFan
10-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Not bad if you're going to SA:
Knowing every turn on HWY 87 between Cuero and SA... cool
Knowing there's a lot less patrol cars on 87 back to San Antonio... really cool
Buying a 12 pack of Coor's Light at Cuero last year and the attendant not charging you for it... sweet
For all the Cuero driver's not having to drive home the long drive this year after a loss to Sinton... priceless...
:D :p :D

piratebg
10-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Not bad if you're going to SA:
Knowing every turn on HWY 87 between Cuero and SA... cool
Knowing there's a lot less patrol cars on 87 back to San Antonio... really cool
Buying a 12 pack of Coor's Light at Cuero last year and the attendant not charging you for it... sweet
For all the Cuero driver's not having to drive home the long drive this year after a loss to Sinton... priceless...
:D :p :D

There are just some things that money can't buy.

Gobbler Fan
10-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Like a win :devil: or having a Sinton poster getting to brag about not losing to Cuero this year. Almost like they won isint it ?:rolleyes: now thats priceless !

BigRed
10-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

Bellville and Brenham match up would be nice as the first game of the pre-district schedule. That is how it used to be...

As for as traveling goes, let's play some football! Who cares where???????

Gobbler Fan
10-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Cuero vs Victoria ---- thats one I want to see

RoTexRider3
10-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Cuero vs Victoria ---- thats one I want to see

I heard that Cuero asked Memorial for a game over the open week. Memorial turned them down, is this true?

SintonFan
10-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
There are just some things that money can't buy.
LOL!:clap:
:D

SintonFan
10-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Like a win :devil: or having a Sinton poster getting to brag about not losing to Cuero this year. Almost like they won isint it ?:rolleyes: now thats priceless !
Like I said....
How DARE I root for my Sinton Pirates...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
no frickin clue i bet, i didn't brag on anything since nothing happened, just my opinion...

Gobbler Fan
10-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Cheer who you want the fact of the matter is ---*scoreboard*--- the last 3 times we met this year would have been no different but 0-0 is better than 31-0 isint it

:thinking:

SintonFan
10-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Cheer who you want the fact of the matter is ---*scoreboard*--- the last 3 times we met this year would have been no different but 0-0 is better than 31-0 isint it

:thinking:
GP "owned" Sinton for years... what claim does Cuero have? I am going on a limb here but think the overall record is dang close.
Do I have a right to "cheer" for my team? You bet!
Do you have a right to make it seem that Cuero always kicks Pirate a$$ or the Pirates don't deserve to be on the same field as the Gobblers? You bet... but it sure smacks of class now don't it?
I'll say again...
"How dare I root for the Pirates..."
Do you have any clue of what you respond to?:o

Gobbler Fan
10-04-2005, 09:39 PM
LOL easily upset are we not ? Well I for one havent seen Sinton be the so called powerhouse since the Alaniz day's .What they do have is an easy distric . When was the last time Sinton lost a Distric game? If Goliad can make the playoff's in 30-3a that say's enough about the level of competition . Im not here to be mean or take shot's im just stating facts you can like it or not it makes no difference to me whatsoever---is Sinton good ---yes-- are they better than last year IMO ---no--- like you said just stating my oppinion ....take it however you want

SintonFan
10-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Im not here to be mean or take shot's im just stating facts you can like it or not it makes no difference to me whatsoever---is Sinton good ---yes-- are they better than last year IMO ---no--- like you said just stating my oppinion ....take it however you want
lol
You have no idea just how refreshing this is.:)
I actually got your opinion on Sinton. A fan's perspective who you (should) have played a couple of weeks ago. I respect your opinion and don't have to agree with it.
I as a fan respect Cuero, too. I'll admit it sometimes is tough when youngins just blindly put down the opponent instead giving reasons why. Do you see where I am coming from GF? When it comes to fans we (Cuero and my fav. team Sinton) tend to have a friendly rivalry. As I said before I do respect your opinion and now understand where you come from.:) you might wanna check your pm's too.;)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-04-2005, 11:33 PM
Hey NexFan, thanks for the compliment, on starting this topic.
The list grows for Bellville.
Marlin, Cameron Yoe, Cuero, Columbia, Sinton, Brenham-------?
How come no one close to home jumps in? ZZ TOP say,s What about that Texas Town, rumers spreadin round, bout that shack out side?????.

Old Green
10-05-2005, 05:29 AM

:thinking: Gobbler Fan , you're right cheer who you want. But, SintonFan has the utmost respect for Cuero as i do for Sinton. He has attended many games with me and several other Cuero posters and let me tell you He yells just as hard for Cuero to win if not harder. SintonFan is a Fan of the Game and respects all teams. He's From Sinton ,Yeah, and He loves the Pirates and I don't blame him for that. They're a very good team and deserve respect as does Sintonfan opinions deserve respect. Attend a few games with him and see what I'm talking about. Sinton leads the series 6-5 over Cuero. One of the few teams to do that besides Sealy. The game wasn't played,so we will never know who would have won.:)

HPLJ6L
10-05-2005, 09:51 AM
Hey NexFan, thanks for the compliment, on starting this topic.
The list grows for Bellville.
Marlin, Cameron Yoe, Cuero, Columbia, Sinton, Brenham-------?
How come no one close to home jumps in? ZZ TOP say,s What about that Texas Town, rumers spreadin round, bout that shack out side?????.

Doesn't matter who comes in you guys are just going to cheat them at home with your alumni referees and make them not want to play anymore. Has anyone ever got a call in Bellville?

Gobbler Fan
10-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Gobbler Fan , you're right cheer who you want. But, SintonFan has the utmost respect for Cuero as i do for Sinton. He has attended many games with me and several other Cuero posters and let me tell you He yells just as hard for Cuero to win if not harder. SintonFan is a Fan of the Game and respects all teams. He's From Sinton ,Yeah, and He loves the Pirates and I don't blame him for that. They're a very good team and deserve respect as does Sintonfan opinions deserve respect. Attend a few games with him and see what I'm talking about. Sinton leads the series 6-5 over Cuero. One of the few teams to do that besides Sealy. The game wasn't played,so we will never know who would have won.:) I think I pretty much covered that OG. Like I said Sinton is good and yes I do have respect for them overall as a region 4 playoff team year in and year out . But like I said Sinton ISINT the powerhouse they used to be when Alaniz was the QB that kid was good.I know this may rub some people the wrong way but seriously Sinton people know this so for me to say it is bad ? This runs in cycles Cuero was not as good as Sinton when Alaniz was their QB and IMO Sinton is not as good as Cuero the last couple of years and with the kids we have going thru the halls in Cuero right now they will not be for a couple more years remember this is just MO.

This topic would not have even been an issue if SF had not taken another jab at some of the fans that Cuero has in this thread which was not even about them or this subject for that matter, yes they can be overzealous at times but every town has that you live with it and move on . If he keeps bringing this up time after time yes someone will say something like myself. I apologize if I offended him with my sarcasm in the earlier post's in this thread.

With that said I do believe this thread wasnt about Sinton or Cuero ..........it was a wish list of teams who other teams would like to play in predistric .
Heres my shot.
Victoria---wont happen
La Vernia---old distric foe
West Columbia---could be the start of a nice rivalry
WO-S---talk about 2 teams with tradition this is my #1 choice
Wimberly---another one I want to see come and play in Gobbler stadium
LH ---Just wanna see that running game
El Campo---cant get a much tougher test than this around this area
Bay City----same ^^^
Devine---warhorses are a team I would like to see
Bandera---love the hill country would make a nice road trip
Hutto ---wanna play them Hippo's just for the nickname

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2005, 10:47 AM
to answer your question...

Mathis in Fall 2000 was the last Sinton District loss, we havent lost a home distict game in who knows how long... i think maybe 99... im not sure...

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2005, 07:52 PM

Hutto ---wanna play them Hippo's just for the nickname

one of the fastest growing cities in texas. use to live about 4 miles from there in pflugerville and there was not much there, is it almost bordering pflugerville and round rock?

yes a bellville match up be great as i think we cant ever meet up in the playoffs again with the Div 1, Div 2 format. home and home would be great instead of neutral site as long as it on saturday:)

lostaussie
10-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
Doesn't matter who comes in you guys are just going to cheat them at home with your alumni referees and make them not want to play anymore. Has anyone ever got a call in Bellville? man this guy really came in with a bad attitude!!!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Alumni Refs? Where did you pull that one out of? All refs are agreed on by both head ADs before the game.
I make all the games, and have never seen an alumnist of Bellville calling a Varsity game,in Bellville, so whats your problem!!!!

sinfan75
10-05-2005, 09:48 PM
All this arguin over Sinton-Cuero brought me this thought. region4 dominance over region3 in semi-final play division1!:D Startin with last year. Cuero, Burnet, Burnet , Sinton , Gatesville(R3) and then Mathis. That's a 5-1 lead in semi-final play.:p

sinfan75
10-06-2005, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Gobbler Fan , you're right cheer who you want. But, SintonFan has the utmost respect for Cuero as i do for Sinton. He has attended many games with me and several other Cuero posters and let me tell you He yells just as hard for Cuero to win if not harder. SintonFan is a Fan of the Game and respects all teams. He's From Sinton ,Yeah, and He loves the Pirates and I don't blame him for that. They're a very good team and deserve respect as does Sintonfan opinions deserve respect. Attend a few games with him and see what I'm talking about. Sinton leads the series 6-5 over Cuero. One of the few teams to do that besides Sealy. The game wasn't played,so we will never know who would have won.:) Sinton and Cuero played that many times? I only remember 7 of those games With Cuero leadin the series 4-3.

Brahmasportsfan
10-06-2005, 03:23 PM
Bellville has won lots of games not at home. What about those? Did they bring their alumni refs with them? Was the alumni ref in Marlin?

Bellville might play West Columbia and Stafford next year.

Bellville could possibly go D1 if Navasota doesn't make playoffs.

UPanIN
10-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Brahmasportsfan
Bellville has won lots of games not at home. What about those? Did they bring their alumni refs with them? Was the alumni ref in Marlin?

Easy Bramasportsfan. Your team usually spanks those who don't believe. Bellville is one of the toughest places in the state to come and play.

It is THE PLACE for D20 and that's very hard for me to say because I'm true to the Rattlers. We have to make that trip this year and I know the Rattlers are going to be ready to strike hard, fast and often.

So bring those bulls and we'll let the refs do as they may.

SintonFan
10-06-2005, 07:51 PM
I apologize if I offended him with my sarcasm in the earlier post's in this thread.

No apology needed GF. Accept mine though. I went back and reread your earlier post and maybe I over-reacted. That was sarcasm meant to be taken lightly.
Thanks OG for stating my outlook in a way much better than I have. We have benefited from several meetings and lots of conversations over football and more and enjoyed them all.
What's funny is I haven't met anyone from Cuero I don't like. Lots of good folks from this town. lol Maybe it's just that since we are all members of the low we tend to have more in common than average. Who knows...
Back to the original topic.
I would like Sinton to play more Central Texas teams like Bandera, LH, Gonzales while keeping the better teams like Cuero and GP on the schedule. A Bellville, WC or Marlin would be great but the distances could be a factor. Maybe scheduling teams like Kingsville or Rockport might be a good idea. Skidmore and Odem are good picks too. Playing GP helps Sinton more. An ALice match-up, sweet.:D
Pirates vs. Coyotes sounds awesome...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-06-2005, 08:35 PM
You are right Brahmasportsfan, Bellville,s only loss has been at home aginst #5 Cameron, where were the alumni refs that game?

HPLJ6L
10-07-2005, 03:27 PM
OK The refs don't cheat in Bellville. Opponents just commit more penalties when they are in your stadium and the Brahmas play flawless football at home. That explains why the other teams average 4 more penalties per game in Bellville. My Bad for accusing you guys of anything wrong. And good luck finding someone who wants to play there.

District303aPastPlayer
10-07-2005, 04:01 PM
No apology needed GF. Accept mine though. I went back and reread your earlier post and maybe I over-reacted. That was sarcasm meant to be taken lightly.
Thanks OG for stating my outlook in a way much better than I have. We have benefited from several meetings and lots of conversations over football and more and enjoyed them all.
What's funny is I haven't met anyone from Cuero I don't like. Lots of good folks from this town. lol Maybe it's just that since we are all members of the low we tend to have more in common than average. Who knows...
Back to the original topic.
I would like Sinton to play more Central Texas teams like Bandera, LH, Gonzales while keeping the better teams like Cuero and GP on the schedule. A Bellville, WC or Marlin would be great but the distances could be a factor. Maybe scheduling teams like Kingsville or Rockport might be a good idea. Skidmore and Odem are good picks too. Playing GP helps Sinton more. An ALice match-up, sweet.:D
Pirates vs. Coyotes sounds awesome...

can you imagine Sintons D vs Liberty Hill's RBs... man, i would love to see that game.

GreenMonster
10-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Too early for this, rerun this in about 6 months and it will be an even bigger hit.

SintonFan
10-08-2005, 03:22 AM
can you imagine Sintons D vs Liberty Hill's RBs... man, i would love to see that game.
I'd love to see that game this year. Absolutely incredible.:cool:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-09-2005, 01:38 AM
Bellville will try to play the Aggies in pre-district?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Also the Texans!!!