PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Greenwood HS on Great Year

Green Ranger
02-26-2003, 08:31 AM
Before last night, when Greenwood beat Sweetwater for the third time (second time knocking them out of the play-offs) this year, Greenwood's great year will continue. Football was 15-1, claiming the distric crown with a 10-0 record, and lost in double overtime on a questionable call on a field goal. Volleyball made the play-offs, lost out in the first round. Girls basketball won the district title as well going 10-0. Boys basketball are on their way to the Regional Semi's after winning their district title 10-0. Softball and baseball are just getting going but are getting better with every game. The coaches out at Greenwood must be doing something right and deserve alot of thanks. Hopefully this great year will continue Friday night.

Ranger Mom
02-26-2003, 09:30 AM
It's been a great ride so far!! What excites me though, is that a BIG majority of these kids will be back next year!! :D :D :D

BigChamp05
02-26-2003, 11:19 AM
The call was not questionable. It was no good. Give it up already.

MASH4077
02-26-2003, 11:52 AM
Decatur,District Champs in Football, boys and girls crosscountry(state qualifiers both)District champs boys and girls basketball(girls regional qualifiers and boys still playing)Defending boys and girls district track champions and baseball and softball district champions with girls making state tournament. we know the feeling.

BULLDOGFAN
02-26-2003, 02:21 PM
<small>[ February 26, 2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: BULLDOGFAN ]</small>

BULLDOGFAN
02-26-2003, 02:30 PM
On the contrary BigChamp05, it has been reveiled that now the infamous missed kick is being reviewed and investigated by the Warren Commission.

After receiving numerous eye witness accounts and replaying the video over and over using the latest in state of the art acoustical and reverse imaging machinery. They have come to the conclusion that yes their may indeed be, not only a second kicker but quite possibly even a third kicker and not just one lone kicker as orginaly thought.

If one watches the balls in play they do appear to come together from different angles and merge in a very clear curve to the right through the goals creating confusion to the back linesman who had they not had the sun directly in their Ray Bans, most likely would have called the ball fair.

One Referee, who chooses to remain anomonous, was qouted as saying " I saw a clear swing of the ball from left to right. It was the darnest thing I ever saw. That ball swung a good 20 to 25 feet to the right after clearly being shagged to the left. I am not a religious man, but I would have to say the clearest thing I have seen that I would call a mriacle. I now attend church and consider my self a beleiving Jehovah Witness."

So as much as I hate to say it, there does appear to be some legitamacy to the "Greenwood Conspiracy" with the Warren Commission promising us a full investigation sometime in the next 10 years.

Until then from High Atop the Grassy Knoll, this is Inch High Private Eye Lee Harvey Oswald...

Green Ranger
02-26-2003, 03:22 PM
I am not trying to say that Bandera does not deserve the Title of Champs as they are and Greenwood has nothing to be ashamed of. Fact of the matter is on video and if you slow it down the ball does disappear behind the upright. Was it good or not, we will never know and Bandera will remain Champs and Greenwood runner-up. I have no shame in saying that. I do know both teams were hurried out as there was another game coming in. This is a forum where one can express his or her opinion, I have. Congrats to Bandera on a great year. However if the shoe where on the other foot, hopefully a rematch this year. Best of luck to Bandera, for the most part yall are a class act.

Ranger Mom
02-26-2003, 03:37 PM
Green Ranger - you are relatively new to this board - I believe you have 2 posts....so you may not have seen this topic posted a couple of weeks ago. I believe this is why Bulldogfan responded as he did - it has been hashed and re-hashed before.
I have not (and will not) see the Slo-Mo version - I would rather remain blissfully ignorant. But...for the sake of making Greenwood fans not sound like a bunch of whiners - I vote we bury this dead horse - he has been beat enough!!
http://www.creakyjoints.com/graphics/images/desktops/thumbnails/deadhorse_thumb.jpg

P.S. - Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you shouldn't have said anything. I was the one that brought it up to begin with week before last!! But...the more that is posted on it, the more it makes us look like sore losers!! (Sweetwater is already gonna be out for blood next year - we don't need to tick anyone else off :p :p )

Green Ranger
02-26-2003, 04:53 PM
Ranger Mom, my apologies, I have been around this forum for quite some time however I have recently just started posting. I must have missed your previous post and I am sorry for bringing this back up. Bandera is a class act and deserved it. It is a shame that something like that, at any level, has determined the winner or swayed a game on more occasions than I care to mention. Again, to Bandera I am sorry for bringing this back up as I missed it earlier! To those Greenwood supporters, continue the great year!!!!

BigChamp05
02-26-2003, 08:20 PM
Ranger Mom and Green Ranger. I'm not being rude. I played and was on the field. No side camera angle could give the view that the players had. I saw it go left. This is the last time i'm gonna post on this issue, i am just telling you that from on the field, it was clearly no good. Like i said, i'm not trying to be rude, i am just trying to clear this whole issue. Trust me, ya'll will get them next year, ya'll have a hell of a team coming back. Good luck.

mustang04
02-26-2003, 08:30 PM
congrats greenwood on that game last night...i was one of the "REFS", u know the sweetwater fans in ref shirts, yall did good and we werent doing anywhere near our capability, im not whining cuz in order to be a REAALY GOOD team, u have to be able to play ur "A" game at any second at leats thats what i believe, and rangermom i cant thank u enough for always complimenting sweetwater, ur one of the only reasons why i like greenwood instead of hating them for booting us outta the f-ball and b-ball playoffs..but you are right NEXT YEARS A WHOLE NEW SEASON :) wink

Ranger Mom
02-26-2003, 08:50 PM
Green Ranger:
Ranger Mom, my apologies, I have been around this forum for quite some time however I have recently just started posting. I must have missed your previous post and I am sorry for bringing this back up. Bandera is a class act and deserved it. It is a shame that something like that, at any level, has determined the winner or swayed a game on more occasions than I care to mention. Again, to Bandera I am sorry for bringing this back up as I missed it earlier! To those Greenwood supporters, continue the great year!!!!Green Ranger, welcome aboard and I hope you keep posting. I have felt, at times, that I have been the only Greenwood fan on here. I need some back-up on here with a little more knowledge than I possess!! :D Unfortunately, I am hopelessly addicted to this place so I tend to hang out here quite often! :rolleyes: frown

BULLDOGFAN
02-27-2003, 07:34 AM
That is absolutely right BigChamp05, one of the findings of the Warren Commission was that you indeed were popped by the left side tackle and was laying flat on your back looking up the left goal post line. If anyone, including the Ray Baned Referees, could see the flight of the ball it was you. Always good to get first hand knowledge of this remarkable conspiracy.

Next week we work on the " I can't count past 10" conspiracy from the Port Isabel game.

Soccer tonight, we need some rowdies, you going to be there?

BigChamp05
02-27-2003, 12:10 PM
Come on now, you know we get rowdy at the soccer games now. i'll see you there.

wildstangs
02-27-2003, 08:49 PM
Congrats to the Rangers. They have had a great year and in my opinion are the best over all athletic program in West Texas. Now to the fans chanting 3-0 after the bball game the other night. Your time is coming. You can't win forever, and I hope you guys remember it when the shoe is on the other foot.

Ranger Mom
02-27-2003, 10:14 PM
Geez, I hate to hear that. I guess every town always has to have a few fans that don't know how to take a win graciously! It makes all the rest of us look bad!! :mad:

wildstangs
02-27-2003, 10:19 PM
Ranger Mom:
Geez, I hate to hear that. I guess every town always has to have a few fans that don't know how to take a win graciously! It makes all the rest of us look bad!! :mad: Not your fault. I still like most of ya'll. I remember some Sweetwater fans acting very bad after the 2001 football game.

Ranger Mom
02-27-2003, 10:27 PM
As I have said before, I haven't followed the basketball team at all this year - I just can't seem to get out of football mode. But with Greenwood taking on the Everman Powerhouse, a few fans may be taken down a peg or two. I have to pull for Greenwood - of course, but if they don't pull it off, it won't hurt my feelings to see some of the "mouthy" fans cut done to size.

Green Ranger
02-28-2003, 08:57 AM
I have said this in the Everman Struggles post and wills ay it again. Sweetwater has my respect for the most part. After the second football game, the Sweetwater crowd gave us a hand and started chanting WIN if I am not mistaken. Sweetwater in General is a class act. Sweetwater's Student body, TOP NOTCH, I only wish the students and Greenwood would be so exciting at games. They could learn a thing or two from yall. Next year is another year, and Greenwood is going to have a tough one as everyone will be gunning for them. I hope that when it comes to game time all friendships will be put aside, but I have a feeling afterwards regardless there will be a respect between the two teams. Here is to next year.

audasmom7
02-28-2003, 05:44 PM
I never heard that..... And I was at the game. But you know that crap goes on all the time.I very well remember alot of the fans walking us out of your field singing na na na na hey hey hey good bye.. After a severe butt kicken, So you are right what comes around goes around. But all in all I think the rivalry is a good one