PDA

View Full Version : John G. "Buster" Adamie of Freer and A&M Passes Away last week. :(

PhiI C
10-03-2005, 09:11 PM
He was an outstanding student and football player at both Freer High School (my alma mater) and Texas A&M University. During the 1967 football season at Texas A&M he made a key interception in both the Texas Tech, Texas and Alabama games in the year the Aggies won the Southwest Conference and went to and won the Cotton Bowl Game. He was very modest in that after he made a key interception in the last few minutes to save the game for the Aggies (won by the Aggies 10 to 7 over UT) he said "If I hadn't made the interception to stop them someone else would have done the job." He was a successful lawyer and family man in Alice for many years after he graduated. He will be missed by his family and friends. RIP Buster. Go Buckaroo! Gig 'em!

Phil C
10-04-2005, 03:08 PM
The funeral was today. RIP Buster. :(

KL3
10-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Here........

AggieJohn
10-04-2005, 05:04 PM
here

Phil C
03-03-2006, 04:55 PM
ttt for my good friend Eagle6Fan

Eagle6Man
03-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
He was an outstanding student and football player at both Freer High School (my alma mater) and Texas A&M University. During the 1967 football season at Texas A&M he made a key interception in both the Texas Tech, Texas and Alabama games in the year the Aggies won the Southwest Conference and went to and won the Cotton Bowl Game. He was very modest in that after he made a key interception in the last few minutes to save the game for the Aggies (won by the Aggies 10 to 7 over UT) he said "If I hadn't made the interception to stop them someone else would have done the job." He was a successful lawyer and family man in Alice for many years after he graduated. He will be missed by his family and friends. RIP Buster. Go Buckaroo! Gig 'em!

Phil,

I am verry sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds as if the world is a little less bright after today.....My prayers are with you in this difficult time.

Phil C
03-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
Phil,

I am verry sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds as if the world is a little less bright after today.....My prayers are with you in this difficult time.

Sorry about the wrong name when I posted and used Fan instead of Man. Actually I just wanted to let you know about Buster but he passed away in October last year. A great person.

Phil C
03-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Hey Eagle6Man be sure to read the I Need the GodFather posts about some UT vs A&M games that were played before you were born.

Eagle6Man
03-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey Eagle6Man be sure to read the I Need the GodFather posts about some UT vs A&M games that were played before you were born.

That's some excellent reading right there. I wish I could make this a sticky.

Thanks.