PDA

View Full Version : Giddings?

buffalo2006
10-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Why is everyone underrating them? They are outscoring opponents 218 to 42 so they got offense and defense. They may be young but that's more years people need to worry about them

Chris Hart
10-03-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm not underestimating them. It looks like a team is gonna have to be able to pass to beat em. The rushing duo has over 1400 yds between them, and the team looks to be getting better each week. Tough games left against Yoe and Hutto, but I think all 3 of those teams are really dangerous teams for playoff opponents. Good to see the Buffalos back to old form...:)

Bullaholic
10-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Haven't looked at Giddings' schedule---but the rule for being "noticed" is that you have to beat another good team or two. If Giddings beats Yoe convincingly, I think they will have a shot at breaking into the rankings.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Who has Giddings beat and what was there opponents record. Did that opponent beat a good team????

Dogman_1969
10-04-2005, 07:41 AM
Giddings has won by large margins this year. Of the teams they have defeated there aren't any Cameron's, Marlon's or Bellville's. I've seen years that Giddings has been undefeated until hitting district play and have missed the playoffs due being over confident due to playing a easier preseason schedule.

This year may be different. I know several of those kids and they are mentally tough and they are excellent athletes.

If they can stay united when they get behind in a game this may be their year............

CenTexSports
10-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Giddings has not been overlooked by those that matter. I know that the Cameron HC and the Caldwell HC both predicted that Giddings was the team to watch prior to the season starting.

They are not sneaking up on anybody in D-19.

NateDawg39
10-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Dont think of it as them being over looked, but, there are a lot of teams that have proven how good they are like: Dangerfield, A-Wylie and of course Cuero. So that means they would be the teams to watch through the poles and the stat sheets.