PDA

View Full Version : the deal in jasper

bluechippa75
10-03-2005, 07:43 PM
i'm from jasper but, i'm attending and playing football at Tuskegee University. I talked to my mom and she said that jasper is a real mess. Trees turned over everywhere and in our house all the windows are busted out, and in other house trees are in their living rooms. Yeah, the evacuees are doing bad, but what about the senior football players that have a career in football, what are they going to do for the rest of the season. Many students are in the tyler/big sandy area but staying in shelters and motels. I talked to one student and she said school is out for nine weeks. and gilbert moye will not play more than 2 games in a diboll jersey. Jasper Will Be Playing Again SOON....

Bandera YaYa
10-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Sorry I am confused.....you say Jasper will be playing football SOON, but school is out for 9 weeks??? How can that be?? :confused:

theyoefnshow
10-03-2005, 07:51 PM
it doesn't seem possible. I mean, they would have to start playing this week or next because there's only 5 weeks before playoffs......

District303aPastPlayer
10-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
it doesn't seem possible. I mean, they would have to start playing this week or next because there's only 5 weeks before playoffs......

i thought i heard on FSN on the HSXtra that they would play tournament football, where they would get 4 teams to play in like 2 or 3 weeks... it was weird, but i didnt understand what they meant... oh well, thats what i thought i heard

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i thought i heard on FSN on the HSXtra that they would play tournament football, where they would get 4 teams to play in like 2 or 3 weeks... it was weird, but i didnt understand what they meant... oh well, thats what i thought i heard

If I understand it, the UIL has amended the rule from 5 minimum days between games to 4 for those teams affected. I think there's more to it, but I'd have to read up.

Ranger05
10-03-2005, 08:08 PM
thanks for the info bluechippa75 and welcome to the downlow

Bandera YaYa
10-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
thanks for the info bluechippa75 and welcome to the downlow DITTO!! WELCOME!! :clap: :clap: :D

bluechippa75
10-03-2005, 08:32 PM
thats what i heard over the weekend from a couple of players and coaches