PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside -vs- Aransas Pass

99IHSMustang
10-03-2005, 03:09 PM
It is a rivalry game so it will be intense for both teams. Not to mention it is the district opener. I am a homer so I am going to say Ingleside by 14. Anyone have any thoughts on this game?

AP Panther Fan
10-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
I am a homer so I am going to say Ingleside by 14.

I will be a "homer" as well and say AP by 14. :D

I don't have many thoughts on the game as I absolutely refuse to eat any crow after Friday. When we lost last year to Ingleside, I couldn't eat anything, much less crow, for about two days. The winning team always feels great and the losing team/fans are literally sick.

This game stresses me out each year!:cool:

piratebg
10-03-2005, 03:34 PM
I guess I'll be a homer also and say Pirates by 500.2.:D

piratebg
10-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Ingleside takes this one by 14+ in the Den of the Howling Panther.

sinfan75
10-03-2005, 07:54 PM
I gotta go with Ingleside. They seem to be playin the best of the two right now. Of course that could change come Friday. Mustangs by 6.

District303aPastPlayer
10-03-2005, 07:59 PM
ill go with Rockpo... err... umm... i dont know which team to pick.... I might make an appearance at the game... in my Sinton colors :)

sinfan75
10-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
ill go with Rockpo... err... umm... i dont know which team to pick.... I might make an appearance at the game... in my Sinton colors :) Chicken!

Fish's mom
10-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I will be a "homer" as well and say AP by 14. :D

I don't have many thoughts on the game as I absolutely refuse to eat any crow after Friday. When we lost last year to Ingleside, I couldn't eat anything, much less crow, for about two days. The winning team always feels great and the losing team/fans are literally sick.

This game stresses me out each year!:cool:

I think it will be close because they'll play harder because of the closeness of the teams but sorry I'm praying Ingleside wins by 7 or more. Just like you this games stresses me out as a parent but it's fun as a homer HAHA But believe it or not the majority of the boys know each other off the field and it's a usually a very good sportmanship game, it's the others that take it too far sometimes. May it be injury free and Good Luck to both teams.

But Go Mustangs HAHAHA;)

AP Panther Fan
10-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Funny Story...........

Yesterday (sometime after lunch) it seems that some Ingleside students visited the APHS parking lot. A lot of car windows were "decorated" but my son's was left alone.

Lo and behold, this morning we had a nice surprise. His truck was decorated with blue streamers and windows painted. The funniest being on his back truck window...

You are going (arrow pointing down).

We all had a good laugh, my husband went back in the house and was joking around saying "now that is some good clean fun between the two rivals". He then got ready to leave and saw that his work truck had been decorated.:eek:
The sayings weren't quite as nice and then he wasn't laughing. Of course, I think it is hilarious (since they left my car and our other new truck alone).

Point of story....this was great! The kind of "good" stuff rivalries are made of! No broken windows, spray painting etc.... My son is going to drive his truck to school "as is" today for the heck of it! I am sure many of us have "old" stories of stuff we did between these two towns (I know I do) and I am glad to see things get back to this sort of good clean fun!:thumbsup:

Fish's Mom....be sure to tell your quarterback (son) good job! I am proud of them and I will see you at half-time! Oh, and by the way, where did you say you live?;) :D

pirate4state
10-07-2005, 09:38 AM
Funny Story...........

Yesterday (sometime after lunch) it seems that some Ingleside students visited the APHS parking lot. A lot of car windows were "decorated" but my son's was left alone.

Lo and behold, this morning we had a nice surprise. His truck was decorated with blue streamers and windows painted. The funniest being on his back truck window...

We all had a good laugh, my husband went back in the house and was joking around saying "now that is some good clean fun between the two rivals". He then got ready to leave and saw that his work truck had been decorated.:eek:
The sayings weren't quite as nice and then he wasn't laughing. Of course, I think it is hilarious (since they left my car and our other new truck alone).

Point of story....this was great! The kind of "good" stuff rivalries are made of! No broken windows, spray painting etc.... My son is going to drive his truck to school "as is" today for the heck of it! I am sure many of us have "old" stories of stuff we did between these two towns (I know I do) and I am glad to see things get back to this sort of good clean fun!:thumbsup:

Fish's Mom....be sure to tell your quarterback (son) good job! I am proud of them and I will see you at half-time! Oh, and by the way, where did you say you live?;) :D

That's greatness!! :evillaugh I can just imagine what your husband was saying!!! :eek: :D

Good Luck to the Panthers!! :thumbsup:

District303aPastPlayer
10-07-2005, 09:40 AM
what side do i sit on??

pirate4state
10-07-2005, 09:49 AM
what side do i sit on?? I know which side I would sit on. :)

AP Panther Fan
10-07-2005, 10:01 AM
what side do i sit on??

HEY....you need to sit with the rest of us underdogs in AP! Who knows, your presence might make for a win! :D

District303aPastPlayer
10-07-2005, 10:05 AM
HEY....you need to sit with the rest of us underdogs in AP! Who knows, your presence might make for a win! :D

read the main sticky about the game... i chose AP, i was one of THREE who have faith :D i am a panther for the night...

piratebg
10-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Why not spend time some time on both sides?

AP Panther Fan
10-07-2005, 10:07 AM
read the main sticky about the game... i chose AP, i was one of THREE who have faith :D i am a panther for the night...

Cool!:cool:

I am about to go over to Admin and try to buy 8 more tickets for relatives coming in today from Austin! Do you want me to get you a seat in the reserved section or you going to do your "stand on the sideline" thingy?;)

99IHSMustang
10-07-2005, 10:08 AM
This is going to be a great game on top of the great weather it looks like we are going to have for today. :clap:

AP Panther Fan
10-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
This is going to be a great game on top of the great weather it looks like we are going to have for today. :clap:

Isn't it a great day!

99, why don't you meet us at halftime in the "homeside" parking lot. Since I am a Panther Club member, my reserved spot is right outside the gate and we will take a smoke break behind my car (white ford explorer).

Just a thought. Fish's mom should be there and hopefully Aaron.:)

District303aPastPlayer
10-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Cool!:cool:

I am about to go over to Admin and try to buy 8 more tickets for relatives coming in today from Austin! Do you want me to get you a seat in the reserved section or you going to do your "stand on the sideline" thingy?;)

sitting would be grand.... and i will even bring one of my towels i have been known to have at the games... clapping hurts too much after a while... so i give towel love

AP Panther Fan
10-07-2005, 10:25 AM
sitting would be grand.... and i will even bring one of my towels i have been known to have at the games... clapping hurts too much after a while... so i give towel love

Well alrighty...I will go now and check on tickets. Will post back in a bit!:)

pirate44
10-07-2005, 10:28 AM
good luck to both schools. i hope its an entertaining game with no injuries.

SintonFan
10-07-2005, 11:31 AM
so i give towel love
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Are you in the Navy now?

big daddy russ
10-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Are you in the Navy now?
ROFLMAO

Man this sucks. First IHS/AP game I've missed since I was a baby. If someone wants to keep me posted, I'll PM you my cell number.

99IHSMustang
10-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Isn't it a great day!

99, why don't you meet us at halftime in the "homeside" parking lot. Since I am a Panther Club member, my reserved spot is right outside the gate and we will take a smoke break behind my car (white ford explorer).

Just a thought. Fish's mom should be there and hopefully Aaron.:)

I will try and do that.

AP Panther Fan
10-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
ROFLMAO

Man this sucks. First IHS/AP game I've missed since I was a baby. If someone wants to keep me posted, I'll PM you my cell number.

Send it to me and we will give you a call! Me if AP is winning, 99 or Aaron if we aren't! LOL

On another note....

THE PANTHER MOM SCORES!

I got 9 extra seats, just a little scattered, on the 45 yd. line, two and three rows below the press box. Aaron...It IS your lucky day! Pizza at my house before the game! I will give you a call on your cell!

Hannibal
10-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Tell the boys I said good luck. After what happened last year, I hope they are ready to play. Hopefully, there will be better sportsmanship than last year, ie. the sign that said THAT'S WHY HE MOVED.

PANTHERS BY LESS THAN 7.

AP Panther Fan
10-07-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
Tell the boys I said good luck. After what happened last year, I hope they are ready to play. Hopefully, there will be better sportsmanship than last year, ie. the sign that said THAT'S WHY HE MOVED.

PANTHERS BY LESS THAN 7.

Will do Coach! :thumbsup:

I could use a "little" less excitement this year also. Between the cheerleaders and flag guys, I truly thought all heck was gonna break loose there for awhile.;)

You will be glad to know our team captain (TJ) gave all the boys a little speech yesterday regarding their behavior and Coach Larsen spoke to the boys about adversity. He's a great man, I wish you would have gotten the chance to work with him.

Anyway, I am hoping for the best, but prepared (as I can be) for the worst. Many of the players on both teams are friends and I just hope they and the fans alike, keep their heads on straight. The sun always seem to rise on the following day ... no matter who wins.:)

Hannibal
10-07-2005, 01:38 PM
I knew Bootsie when he was there under Davenport. He is a great guy that will do wonders with the team. He will make good MEN out of them, not just good football players.

I still can't believe all of those guys (TJ, Michael, Alan, Preston, and the others) are seniors this year. I remember making their lives miserable when they were freshmen.

Ought to be a packed house tonight; isn't it homecoming?

AP Panther Fan
10-07-2005, 01:59 PM
I still can't believe all of those guys (TJ, Michael, Alan, Preston, and the others) are seniors this year. I remember making their lives miserable when they were freshmen.

LOL...yes, they will never forget being the ones to have to unload all the equipment and eat last! :D That's okay, they are all getting to enjoy their "seniorhood" this year...roam the hallways, nap in the fieldhouse etc...lol

No homecoming tonight, but should be a packed house just the same. I think they are now trying to schedule homecomings on non-district games, but thanks to Hurricane Rita, when we play Sinton it will be yours. Just doesn't get much better than that!:rolleyes: :D Maybe we will get to see you then?

Fish's mom
10-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Funny Story...........

HAHAHA

Josh was at school early this morning I think ;) HAHA Eddie would have been pissed if it was his truck yet he's a grouch
anyway:) Think Josh would of thought it was funny and yes I like clean fun between them.

Hannibal
10-07-2005, 02:13 PM
LOL...yes, they will never forget being the ones to have to unload all the equipment and eat last! :D That's okay, they are all getting to enjoy their "seniorhood" this year...roam the hallways, nap in the fieldhouse etc...lol

No homecoming tonight, but should be a packed house just the same. I think they are now trying to schedule homecomings on non-district games, but thanks to Hurricane Rita, when we play Sinton it will be yours. Just doesn't get much better than that!:rolleyes: :D Maybe we will get to see you then?

You just might.;) I was in the stands for the Sinton/OG game and just about went nuts. I had not sat in the stands in five years.

AP Panther Fan
10-07-2005, 02:29 PM
You just might.;) I was in the stands for the Sinton/OG game and just about went nuts. I had not sat in the stands in five years.

LOL....buck up and take it like a man! :D

Try being a (qb's) parent ... I have often wanted to sit on top of the press box with the filmer...just so I wouldn't have to hear all of the garbage that comes out of the fan's mouths.:mad: They tend to forget or not care that they are talking about your kid! Oh well, only a few more games of that to endure.:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: