PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill vs. Cleveland

eagle2
10-03-2005, 01:45 PM
What is everyone's take on this one? Cleveland looks as if they are playing well as of late. What will Barbers Hill have to do to beat them???????????

BHKrystal06
10-03-2005, 02:21 PM
You don't need that many question marks. Barbers Hill teaches better than that. ;) :p

UPanIN
10-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by eagle2
What is everyone's take on this one? Cleveland looks as if they are playing well as of late. What will Barbers Hill have to do to beat them???????????

Stop the run. Cleveland pounds the ball. Those East Texas boys ran on Navasota all night right up the middle.

Score at least 17 and the W is your's.

BHBrave08
10-03-2005, 07:03 PM
My prediction is that BH wins but has more trouble than I think is suspected.

BH - 35
Cleveland - 17

West22
10-03-2005, 09:28 PM
CLEVELAND DEFITNELY HAS IMPROVED ,HOWEVER I THINK THEY MAY BE A YEAR AWAY .BH BY 10

eagle2
10-04-2005, 12:32 PM
I am not from Barbers Hill so disregard all the question marks. I am an eagle from up in northeast Texas. Just wondering how you guys will do this week. You beat Diboll pretty bad. They are in our district so I was glad to see that. One of my former coaches left here this year to go to your school. Tell him hi for me if you see him. Good luck against Cleveland. We play Palestine and will need all the luck in the world.

RBARKER
10-04-2005, 12:50 PM
BH by 21. Looking at Clevelands stats they run. run then run some more. If BH stops them up the middle then they will go to what looks like a lack luster throwing game. I see some BH Int's in this one.

eagle2
10-04-2005, 02:18 PM
ttt

Hupernikomen
10-04-2005, 02:20 PM
cleveland will run into the teeth of a very strong eagle defense. cleveland is too far removed from their swagger to pull this one off..I'd say BH by 28.

bheagle
10-04-2005, 09:43 PM
I think the Indians will make the playoffs but are still a year away from making some serious noise. The Hill boys have two many weapons for the indians to defend & a stingy defense that is stepping up. BH 38 Cleveland 20

BH96
10-06-2005, 03:28 AM
I look for the eagles to start out a little slow. Then they will pour it on them. It will be good to see how Pat handles the offense.

RBARKER
10-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by BH96
I look for the eagles to start out a little slow. Then they will pour it on them. It will be good to see how Pat handles the offense.

I just hope that the Coaches will think about putting Pat in an offense that reflects his best talents not Chris's. Meaning If Pat is not a good runner (I don't know if he is or not) Don't make him run the Chris show offense.

PS

I heard a rumor that we had good tightend transfer from Baytown Lee. Any truth in this?

RBARKER
10-06-2005, 11:29 AM
TTT

whoknows
10-06-2005, 12:39 PM
RBarker, you kill me with your great insight. You hope the coaches do not put Pat in the Offense built for Chris. The offense is not designed to showcase the talents of one person. What it is designed for is to exploit the weaknesses of the opposing defense. Believe me when I say this, the coaches will do what is right for the team, no matter what you think.

RBARKER
10-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by whoknows
RBarker, you kill me with your great insight. You hope the coaches do not put Pat in the Offense built for Chris. The offense is not designed to showcase the talents of one person. What it is designed for is to exploit the weaknesses of the opposing defense. Believe me when I say this, the coaches will do what is right for the team, no matter what you think.

Easy there Hoss!! I understand what the offense is built for, all that I was saying is that the play calling may need to change to bring out Pat's talents. Chris is a very strong runner and a strong as an ox , so the coaches could send him up the middle alot with sucess. Again I know nothing about Pat, but if he is not as phisical as Chris. they may have to kill the run Chris up the middle 50 times a game routine. I agree with your last statement. the Coaches will do what they think is right no matter what any one thinks. In the past that has got us an early exit out of the playoffs.

eagle2
10-06-2005, 01:26 PM
So now your the expert on Barbers Hill football. Where can we meet so I can soak up all your football knowledge.

RBARKER
10-06-2005, 01:33 PM
So now your the expert on Barbers Hill football. Where can we meet so I can soak up all your football knowledge.

No expert, Just an opinion. Where would you like to meet?

Can I ask why no one can have an opinion?

eagle2
10-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Yes opinions are ok, but why not support the coaches. You love them when they win and opinionate them when they lose. I heard a coach tell an opinionated person this one day " Go to college , get you a degree, get certified, and apply for my job since you think you can do it better than me, and I will gladly give you my whistle and coach while eating popcorn and drinking whatever from the comfort of the stands.

RBARKER
10-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Yes opinions are ok, but why not support the coaches. You love them when they win and opinionate them when they lose. I heard a coach tell an opinionated person this one day " Go to college , get you a degree, get certified, and apply for my job since you think you can do it better than me, and I will gladly give you my whistle and coach while eating popcorn and drinking whatever from the comfort of the stands.

I support BH totally. My post above are my opinions, sorry if they don't match yours. I have not said anything in this thread bad about the coaches. I have gone to College and recieved my degree and enjoy the job that I have.

UPanIN
10-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Dang! I'm one that makes ALL the right calls from the stands. If I could just get that coach a seat next to me.

GO RATTLERS!!!

whoknows
10-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Your opinions are exactly that RBarker, but in the past it is not the coaches who have costed BH to lose in the playoffs. At some point, players must make plays, and to be honest with you, BH does not have great players. The coaches get every ounce out of the players they have and that is all one could feasibly ask for. In my opinion, BH overachieves every year because of the lack of any real talent. Real talent being college coaches knocking down the door to recruit star players.

eagle.eyes
10-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Dang Barker, I think you hit a nerve with one of the coaches wives! That counts as 2 points!!!

RBARKER
10-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by whoknows
Your opinions are exactly that RBarker, but in the past it is not the coaches who have costed BH to lose in the playoffs. At some point, players must make plays, and to be honest with you, BH does not have great players. The coaches get every ounce out of the players they have and that is all one could feasibly ask for. In my opinion, BH overachieves every year because of the lack of any real talent. Real talent being college coaches knocking down the door to recruit star players.

Good thing about opinions everyone has one. We will just have to agree to disagree. Some of our games were lost in the playoffs due to us being over matched while others were just plan coaching. No one can point the finger all in one direction both share resposiblity for wins. The players however are not getting paid, so they do not anger me. I'm not putting every lose or win squarly on the shoulders of the coaches. I'm sure they are great people and have done a good job at BH the past 6 years. I like other fans would love to see improvment and it has improved the last couple of years. I am hoping this year that we do well in the playoffs.

P.S. Mrs Price does Mr. Price know that you are on here?
JK:D

shellman54
10-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Geez RBarker, where do you get off saying the things you do? :D Look for me tonight, I'll be there. I miss football!!!

whoknows
10-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Not a coaches wife, trust me...I just happen know quite a bit about BH football. True the players do not get paid, but does that mean if they lose it is the coaches fault. That just does not make any sense to me. How can you not be angered if a kid fumbles or throws an int? I guess those are the coaches fault to huh.

eagle2
10-07-2005, 12:34 PM
RBARKER and Shellman are entitled to their opinions, but any individual with any football knowledge at all know that the coaching staff at barbers hill does a great job with the talent they have. I have never been to a Barbers Hill game but I have seen them on film and they seem to be very well coached and play very hard. Being a former High School and college player it is very true that the player play and the coaches coach. Coaches do not carry the ball, fumble the ball , or throw interceptions. Yes it is true that at times coaches call bad plays or doesn't make to right adjustments, but how can you say that coaching causes you to lose a game. Barbers Hill is year in and year out one of the best 3a programs in southeast texas.

Hupernikomen
10-07-2005, 01:48 PM
RBARKER and Shellman are entitled to their opinions, but any individual with any football knowledge at all know that the coaching staff at barbers hill does a great job with the talent they have. I have never been to a Barbers Hill game but I have seen them on film and they seem to be very well coached and play very hard. Being a former High School and college player it is very true that the player play and the coaches coach. Coaches do not carry the ball, fumble the ball , or throw interceptions. Yes it is true that at times coaches call bad plays or doesn't make to right adjustments, but how can you say that coaching causes you to lose a game. Barbers Hill is year in and year out one of the best 3a programs in southeast texas.

I think some in BH would like to see a 10-0 season turn into a deeper playoff run is all. I believe this will be the year. The offense looks a lot better than in previous years with more diversified play calling, and the defense is superb as usual.

Big C
10-07-2005, 02:07 PM
If y'all are done, could we get back to the main topic, the GAME tonight? Good Luck Eagles!

bheagle
10-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Amen Bic "C". OK boys lets quit talking about it & lets get er done!!

GreenMonster
10-07-2005, 07:08 PM
So long as Krystal doesn't have the flag, all will be fine.

Fan base
10-10-2005, 05:40 PM
I have watched BH for a long time now and this subject has been kicked around for years. Is it the coaches or players. In the games I have seen it seems to be consistant on both ends. I have seen games toware the play calling and game plan was just terrible. Then there were games the kids couldnt do anything right and mistakes were made in bunches. I think what bothers everyone is that the frustration of losing in the playoffs is really starting to get old . I know in the past it has frustrated me also. I know I havent missed a game in years and when its over everyone will have there opinion including me . Thats everyone's right. I think what concerns me is that I know serveral kids that read this site and I would think we need to stick to bragging on the kids and letting them know we are all behind them. We have great fans and I dont think the players could ask for a more following than what they have. The players look at this to get recognition for there efforts. I know I am very proud of the team including players and coaches. I see mark inprovements in both . Also I realize Chris is not there and he will be missed by everyone , but he is only one player, the others players need your support also. I have seen so many kids step up this year and improve themselves. I know the defense impresses me each game , the pattons and Luke and all the other players. You couldnt ask for the kids to play any harder. I also think that the Gilbert kid is duing awesome along with the credit to the offensive line. The line never gets the credit , but without them we move the ball no where. I think Pat is going to be Ok. I know he's not Chris , but he is going to do good. But as for now , everyone has an opinion whether you like it or not . I just think the kids go to this site hoping to hear something good about them and this is what they read . But just like everyone its my opinion. Go Eagles, your looking great and you make Friday night so enjoyable .

NateDawg39
10-10-2005, 05:42 PM
I like Cleveland this year!

BHKrystal06
10-11-2005, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
So long as Krystal doesn't have the flag, all will be fine.
The flag wasn't at this game, thanks. :mad:

Old Cardinal
10-11-2005, 09:50 AM
As an outsider who has seen BH play many games thru the years--RBARKER has hit it right on the head! BH Coaching in the past went 10-0 against weaker preseason scheduling. They always lost because of Coaching not respecting post season opponents ability.
Maybe the dumbest play call I have ever seen in HS football was when BH called a screen pass sitting deep in their own territiory with Bridge City having two three year postseasoned linebackers. Robert Miliech knocked down two linemen and the intented receiver and the other inside linebacker caught the ball and just trotted to the end zone.
BH play calling was terrible that night, several years ago!

eagle2
10-11-2005, 11:21 AM
I love it when bleacher coaches speak their minds. Makes me glad to be on the sidelines where the real coaches are. Remember, coaches - coach and players- play. Was it bad coaching last year when Barbers Hill beat the snot out of Bridge City.

HillBoy
10-11-2005, 12:13 PM
The BH coaches know what they are doing. And last time that i checked I haven't seen one of them step on the field and play a down. Most teams do have better athletes than BH but our athletes are in very good condition so our athletes perform at the same level the whole game. And that is because of the workout programs our coaches put our kids through year round. No one ever says the coaches win a game but the coaches are always the first to be blamed for a loss. Thats just the way it always has been and will be.

Hupernikomen
10-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by HillBoy
The BH coaches know what they are doing. And last time that i checked I haven't seen one of them step on the field and play a down. Most teams do have better athletes than BH but our athletes are in very good condition so our athletes perform at the same level the whole game. And that is because of the workout programs our coaches put our kids through year round. No one ever says the coaches win a game but the coaches are always the first to be blamed for a loss. Thats just the way it always has been and will be.

BH has athletes, facilities and good coaching. Not a lot to complain about from my perspective, other than they haven't won it all lately.

Old Cardinal
10-11-2005, 02:57 PM
To
eagle 2: BC lost to a very large BH team that had good depth last year. All they(BH) had to do was plunge ahead against a small Jr. laden line. I think BC having the same backfield as last year and the 23 Seniors giving unexpected depth---that it will be a very competitive game. With BH's huge enrollment, which translates into depth in playoffs: they will be favored to win the contest: but they will have to not make many mistakes to be able to win.
Coaching did not win for BH last year either; it was extremely bigs boys on both sides of the ball for BH that could wedge forward for consistant yardage.

The slams against my friend RBARKER because he chose to get a very difficult technical degree instead of a P.E. degree does not make him a novice about football. He just chose to feed his family better as a Professional man. He knows a lot more about football than most Coaches know about Engineering application LOL

HillBoy
10-11-2005, 03:38 PM
I have to disagree with you OC the playoff game was won by defensive coaching on the Bh side. We scouted yall perfectly and knew every play yall were going to run. The way yall lined up gave away the play and our coaches taught the players how to see that. Now on the offensive side it was mainly just power football.

Old Cardinal
10-11-2005, 08:56 PM
To Hillboy: I have to agree with you to some extent. I think that is part of the reason that the Head Coach(Tarver) and Coach Smalley are now running the whole show on offense--both training and play actuation. These two have a lot of football savvy and will not be so predictable as the Offensive Coordinator last season that was running the show.
I look for the winner of the BH vs BC game to be in the hunt for the Division II Championship. At this time I would guess BH has a 60% and BC has a 40% chance of winning that playoff game.

BHtheHILL
10-12-2005, 04:07 AM
Hey Old Card
Can we have a weekly update on the precentage edge you are going to give BH over BC.

eagle2
10-12-2005, 08:52 AM
Old Card----- When you say coaching didn't win the game last year , it was a large size advantage for BH that won the game. You said all they did was wedge the ball and drive it down BC throat. Don't you think the coaches at BH realized that and used their size to their advantage. I bet you think that the players came up with the game plan on their own. I have never attended a BH game so all of my information is from reading the Downlow, but I get offended by people who point fingers at coaches and blame them for everything. Coaches see the players in workouts, they know what each player does good and what they do bad, and they know what is best for their team. Please tell me all you know about football. Their is more to football than calling plays. You have to know techniques, alignments, what coverages to run, blocking schemes for various defensive fronts, and you have to know what best fits your personnel. For your information, I never did put down Rbarker for getting a technical degree.

eagle.eyes
10-12-2005, 09:05 AM
Eagle2, you sure are defensive about BH posts for never seeing a BH football game! Nice try though coach!

RBARKER
10-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by eagle.eyes
Eagle2, you sure are defensive about BH posts for never seeing a BH football game! Nice try though coach!

I was thinking the same thing:thinking:

RBARKER
10-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Ok all of you defenders of the coach. I got one for you. if the win against BC was supurb coaching what was the lose to Kirbyvile? BC destroyed them earlier in the year. Kirbyvilles Defensive Coordinator made our OC look silly. Oh but let me guess it was the Kids that suddenly forgot how to run the plays from the week before, Or I got it they had better athletes than us. I can't wait to here this one.

hsfootballrules
10-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Who cares it was last year

RBARKER
10-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by hsfootballrules
Who cares it was last year

True,But I must here the answer:D

hsfootballrules
10-12-2005, 11:52 AM
I would give you my answer but then it would do me no good cause you still wouldnt understand cause those chemicals have got to your head. hahahaha j/k

footsball
10-12-2005, 12:27 PM
i had a son playing last year for bh and when i asked what the coaches were saying about kirbyville, he didnt have much to say, which i thought was odd to say the least. i do believe the bh coaches underestimated kirbyville and it showed tremondously. the very next week kirbyville was beat by a team that was about the same as bh in talent, by taking advantage of the defensive game play by kirbyville, which we should have done.

eagle2
10-12-2005, 12:49 PM
You guys figured it out. Who sold me out for being a coach? Yes, I am a coach at BH, NOT! Just a person who has interest and is entitled to my opinion. According to many on this board and thread, We are entitled to our opinions.

RBARKER
10-12-2005, 12:53 PM
You guys figured it out. Who sold me out for being a coach? Yes, I am a coach at BH, NOT! Just a person who has interest and is entitled to my opinion. According to many on this board and thread, We are entitled to our opinions.

From now on your not :D Just my opinions count

RBARKER
10-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by footsball
i had a son playing last year for bh and when i asked what the coaches were saying about kirbyville, he didnt have much to say, which i thought was odd to say the least. i do believe the bh coaches underestimated kirbyville and it showed tremondously. the very next week kirbyville was beat by a team that was about the same as bh in talent, by taking advantage of the defensive game play by kirbyville, which we should have done.

Now this opinion counts:D

Old Cardinal
10-12-2005, 05:14 PM
I was a little shocked at Kirbybille beating BH. I saw the Marlin vs Kirbyville game and the Wildcat Defensive Coordinator was flat out Coached in the second half. When Marlin realized how vunerable Kirbyville was in covering the spread formation in several ways; they simply capitalized on the situation. Kirbyville made no attempt at simple adjustments.
Marlin was not the best team, but they had a strong offensive scheme, after the first half.
As to the ease that BC beat Kirbyville, I think it centered on a faster defense that was later quite hobbled by postseason.

BHBrave08
10-13-2005, 02:54 PM
BH players also contributed to that Kirbyville loss. If I can remember correctly there were multiple fumble, bad snaps, missed opportunities in that game that were all the players fault. So don't start saying that that loss to Kirbyville last year was all the coaches fault.:tongue:

whoknows
10-14-2005, 06:37 AM
Footsball, sounds like to me that your son should have payed more attention to the coaches the week of the Kirbyville game. Every week the middle school coaches prepair a scouting report, which every kid recieves, from watching the opposing teams in person and on video. On the weekends the high school coaches come up with the plan for the week, and implement that into the weeks practice.

eagle.eyes
10-14-2005, 01:56 PM
And when that plan doesn't work WhoKnows, what then? I'll tell you what then! We ran the same inept plays that didn't work in the 1st series all the way to the last play of the game. Ray Charles could see what Kirbyville was doing.

EAGLETOWN
10-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Here is one for ya.

The week before when we beat BC there were a lot of different schemes, and plays.

If I remember correctly more than one particular back ran the ball any given play.

Gilbert, Patton #1, and Patton #2 all contributed yards.

It was a great mixture of people and plays kept BC off balance the entire game.

The next week it was back to the same old plays like the week before never happened.

Kirbyville actually stoped plays #1, and #2.

After that last years the OC gets locked up I guess.

In years previous and last year there were different plays and looks practiced all year and never ran in a game.

This year is different though with the new OC there is always something different.

He is now running the plays that were practiced.

He is utilizing all of BH's tallent.

He is young and a whole lot less conservative.

RBARKER
10-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by eagle.eyes
And when that plan doesn't work WhoKnows, what then? I'll tell you what then! We ran the same inept plays that didn't work in the 1st series all the way to the last play of the game. Ray Charles could see what Kirbyville was doing.

:D :D :D :D :D

I'm glad some people attend the same games I do.

RBARKER
10-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
BH players also contributed to that Kirbyville loss. If I can remember correctly there were multiple fumble, bad snaps, missed opportunities in that game that were all the players fault. So don't start saying that that loss to Kirbyville last year was all the coaches fault.:tongue:

BHBrave08, your memory is failing, I found the Box score from that game and BH only had 1 fumble which they did not lose while Kirbyville had 3. We also had 2 penalties for 15 yards against Kirbyvilles 9 for 75. We did however throw 2 interception but they threw one. Their D held us to a misserable 94 total yards of offense. Why because our game plan sucked! BC earlier in the year ran 284 yards on them.

footsball
10-14-2005, 05:16 PM
whoknows: yall are real good at blaming the kids for someone elses failure! tell me this, if bh always has a tremendous game plan why do you think they switched play callers this year. i do think that is what most people seem to agree with except those that have their heads where the sun dont shine. and if you can honestly say that bh was well prepared for kirbyville and then made the correct adjustments at half time, well you must know more than anyone i know. as far as my son is concerned, he works as hard as anyone and pays attention very well so dont blame him for something you know nothing about!

footsball
10-14-2005, 05:43 PM
whoknows, maybe the scouts at the kirbyville game should have paid attention to the game and what was going on instead of looking at the pretty cheerleaders! or maybe all of the players didnt pay attention because that is what it looked like, isnt it!

ro_tex_solja
10-14-2005, 05:44 PM
i think cleveland will win this one in 2OT

shellman54
10-14-2005, 07:44 PM
off alittle bit, this game was played last week, BH won 27-6.