PDA

View Full Version : Yankees cry about the Rangers pulling thier starters early yesterday

Keith7
10-03-2005, 01:05 PM
This story is pretty much about how the yankees think that showalter pulled Young, Texiera, and Blalock to help the Angels get homefield advantage.. Talk about a bunch of cry babies.. This all happened on fan appreciation day, and showalter defends his decision by saying he wanted his stars to get an ovation for the amount of work they had put in during the season.. Oh well read below if you want the full story

-----------------------------------

Yanks angry at Showalter for pulling stars vs. Angels
ESPN.com news services

The New York Yankees will be on the road for Game 1 of their Division Series against the Los Angeles Angels. And the Bronx Bombers are crying foul about it, directing their ire against former Yankees manager Buck Showalter.

Showalter removed starters Michael Young, Mark Teixeira and Hank Blalock for pinch-runners in the third inning against the Angels on Sunday. The Texas Rangers led 4-1 after three innings, but the Angels rallied for a 7-4 victory and earned home-field advantage for the first round against the Yankees with the victory.

Young, Teixeira and Blalock went a combined 4-for-5 on Sunday, but their replacements went 0-for-6.

The Yankees, who lost 10-1 in Boston on Sunday, finished with an identical 95-67 record as the Angels, but Los Angeles won the tiebreaker because it won six of 10 games against New York this season.

Former Ranger Alex Rodriguez, who played for Showalter in Texas, was one of the Yankees who was peeved at the Rangers manager's decision.

"There's a code of honor when so much is on the line," Rodriguez told the New York Daily News. "You hope people do the right thing. But you can't control what people do."

Yankees manager Joe Torre was equally surprised.

"It's surprising," Torre told The New York Times. "If his team was in the playoffs, I could understand it a little bit more. It's just surprising he pulled them so soon."

Showalter defended his decision, saying he wanted his three young stars to get an ovation from the home crowd in the team's final game of the season.

"Those guys posted up every day," Showalter told The Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "They deserved that cookie."

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said told the New York Times that he didn't mind Showalter's decision, however.

"If we had won one more game, we wouldn't have to be worried about what anybody else did," Cashman told The Times.

Game 1 of the best-of-5 series between the Yankees and Angels is Tuesday night at 8 p.m. ET.

GWOOD
10-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Here is the ironic thing. The Yankees decided to not pitch Mike Mussina yesterday so that he could pitch on Tuesday for the first game of the playoffs. Instead, they pitched Jaret Wright who has a 6+ E.R.A. and has struggled all year, losing his starting spot. Why should they complain about the Rangers not putting the best team on the field when they didn't pitch their best available pitcher to clinch a home field advantage?

The Yankees always receive harsh criticism for their payroll. I usually defend them and their winning ways. But this makes them look like crybabies deluxe.

Bandera YaYa
10-03-2005, 04:37 PM
I agree.....big bunch of crybabies with the worst fans in the league!!!! GO ANGELS!!!! :tongue: :tongue:

VWG
10-03-2005, 05:39 PM
The Rangers, who were out of the playoffs, had been playing other players these last few weeks anyway. Heck, they even put Adrian Gonzalez in right field... and were giving Jason Botts more AB's than normal.

Pmoney
10-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Who cares about the Yanks they have and always will be just a bunch of overpaid babys that will cry if they dont get their way....they will lose in the 1st round and will blame it on the rangers pulling their players....ahhh it gets me so mad:mad: ...o ya GO STROS:D

Rabbit'93
10-03-2005, 08:38 PM
I hat the yanks go LAA