PDA

View Full Version : Rice Vs Navasota

UPanIN
10-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Any thoughts?

I haven't kept up with Rice this year so I don't know if they are running or passing more. To beat Navasota they will have to stop the pass. Navasota has done a good job of making the most out of the other teams mistakes. Navasota D will have to suck it up better in the 2nd half if they expect to win this one.

Rice 24 Navasota 23

venomous tat2
10-03-2005, 12:40 PM
This should be a good game. Hope to see Cheer Mom and the gang @ the Snake Pitt for the first time!!

strike hard
10-03-2005, 01:02 PM
The Rattler D better start stoping people or it will be a long year. I will be at the game and hopefully the Rattlers will start to put everything together at one time. Go Big Blue!!

CheerMom
10-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
This should be a good game. Hope to see Cheer Mom and the gang @ the Snake Pitt for the first time!!

You bet I will be there!!! Maybe we can meet up. As far as the game goes, I think it will be a good one. Not predicting, though.
Praying for a safe game and trip for all involved. See ya'll there!!

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

NHSRattler60
10-03-2005, 04:19 PM
I hear David Roark will be making a special appearance.

crabman
10-03-2005, 05:29 PM
They both had games cancelled due to the hurricane and both were off this week. Cuero begged for a game with either of them and was turned down. I don't care who wins. The coaches don't have much faith in their teams.

strike hard
10-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Navasota did play Cleveland Friday.

QuickSix
10-03-2005, 06:05 PM
Navasota lost 29-21 to Cleveland on Friday.

I heard Cuero was calling everywhere for games but didn't want to do any travelling to play it...guess they couldn't have their cake and eat it too.

CheerMom
10-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by crabman
They both had games cancelled due to the hurricane and both were off this week. Cuero begged for a game with either of them and was turned down. I don't care who wins. The coaches don't have much faith in their teams.

Our team took the extra week off to finish up the healing process on some key players. Our coaching staff, and fans have all the faith in the world in our team. Don't assume something you know nothing about.

crabman
10-03-2005, 07:05 PM
I must've misunderstood on the Navasota thing. I could have swore that's who it was. Guess not. I do know Rice for sure.

As far as the travel, Cuero called all of the 3A's and 4A's within 150 miles that fit the criteria. That included, I believe, Bandera and Sweeny. Now somebody can jump on here and tell me they both played this past weekend.

Yoakum picked up Columbus and we play Yoakum later so that knocked both of those candidates down.

Did not want a 2A game.

I'm gettin my info straight from The Man at Booster Club.

Raider4ever
10-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Well im not trying to be a p**** or anything. But what is comeing on here and announcing this going to do? Heat a fire under everyone's butt and start feuding between Cuero and Rice posters? I know that wont happen here because we have classier people then that on both Cuero and Rice sides. But I think you should keep that information to yourself when it has nothing to do with the topic.

Pigtrapper
10-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Have seen both play, Rice may be a little rusty after layoff, or could come out blazing. Rice is very underrated because of youth. Rice by 35..........

buffalo2006
10-03-2005, 09:04 PM
As far as the travel, Cuero called all of the 3A's and 4A's within 150 miles that fit the criteria. That included, I believe, Bandera and Sweeny. Now somebody can jump on here and tell me they both played this past weekend.

Was Giddings on that list cause from what I hear ya'll had alittle trouble with Sealy and we played with them 47-0 the first three quarters. But thats good for ya'll keep being number 1 cause we'll be more than happy to play ya'll playoffs, just one more bump to state.

UPanIN
10-04-2005, 08:11 AM
Subject "Rice Vs Navasota"

If Rice is rusty as stated earlier Navasota will do well in the 1st half. I look forward to this game because it's the 1st chance to see how the Rattlers do in a game that matters. We'll see if they can play four Q

3afan
10-04-2005, 08:22 AM
i love all these comments, in this and other threads, about teams looking for games for whatever reason but no one will play them ...... its amazing how one or a few good seasons affect some fans and how they see their teams and programs :cool:

rhs78
10-04-2005, 10:39 AM
This should be a great district opening match-up for D-20, This game will go a long ways in determining one playoff spot. Two weeks ago Rice's offense came toghether but had breakdowns on special teams, defense has improved every week. Two weeks off can cause rust and you don't want to be rusty playing at the Pit.

The Rattlers have played a tough preseason schedule and have had their ups and downs. They played last week and should be ready to play. Should be a close game and could go either way.

Good luck to both teams.

GO RAIDERS

rhs78
10-04-2005, 10:48 AM
As for teams not playing last week reguardless of who you are, I look at it this way. Why risk getting players hurt the week before district starts, because the real season begins when district starts. not playing has nothing to do with faith are lack of faith in your team. I would rather be healthy and well rested going into disrict play than injured and tired. Just one man's Opinion

Bull's-eye
10-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by CheerMom
Don't assume something you know nothing about.

You go girl!!

Good luck to both teams!!

RBARKER
10-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by QuickSix
Navasota lost 29-21 to Cleveland on Friday.

I heard Cuero was calling everywhere for games but didn't want to do any travelling to play it...guess they couldn't have their cake and eat it too.

THe Cleveland score shocked me as Clevland is in Barbers Hills district and has been beaten up on in our district quit a bit. This year Cleveland hired a new coach and the Indians are 4-1. Anyone that seen the game is Clevland playing that well or did the Rattlers have an off night?

UPanIN
10-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Cleveland controled the ball and the clock on the ground. The Rattlers had a couple of big plays that kept them in the game and scored with about 15 seconds left to get to 21.

Cleveland ran the ball alot right up the middle and Navasota didn't seem to have an answer for it. If you have LB that can stop people you'll be better off than the Rattlers.

Again the Rattler D is suspect. Hopefully they will get it together for Friday night.

Raider Nurse
10-04-2005, 07:41 PM
I think that this will be a close and very important game for both teams. I hope Rice is not too rusty after being off for a couple of weeks. Either way, I'm behind my Raiders 100%!!!!!!!!!!! Go Rice!!!!!!!!!! Beat the Rattlers!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

venomous tat2
10-05-2005, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't call last fri's game an off nite we made too many mistakes and penalties in that game and those type of things will cost you the game. Also we had our chances to blow the game wide open 1. tail back gets loose and is gone but trips in a sprinkler hole that was a sure 6. ( 2) . wide open rec didn't make
the catch. That happen twice. Clevlands ground attack was the diffrence, they kept our O off the field. We are young and getting better !!

NHSRattler60
10-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Good to hear ven tat2.

CheerMom
10-06-2005, 09:26 PM

hoosierdaddy
10-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Anyone got a final on this game? I haven't had much luck getting scores lately.

rhs78
10-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Rice 32 Navisota 14

hoosierdaddy
10-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Yikes! that's going to really stack the deck against the Rattlers. They have to play both Sealy and Bellville on the road this year, not to mention getting past an upstart Hempstead team at home. Good luck on that uphill road ahead of you Ratllers!!!