PDA

View Full Version : Z Motion Jr

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-03-2005, 03:34 AM
Just an update on Z Jr:

He has been playing on the Hardin-Simmons JV this year and has been a man among boys! 2 picks in the last two games. He is having a blast and the JV has provided him with a lot of game experience this year. They have played New Mexico Military Institute, Cicso JR College, Howard Payne and McMurry so far. 3-1 on the season and they play Abilene Christian tonight.

Hardin Simmons is a great university and the football program is second to none. The varsity is currently ranked 4th in the nation and they are 4-0 on the year.

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2005, 06:41 AM
Congrats to Z Jr! :clap:

BTW, how's Lady Z doing? Didn't she run CC last year or was it track?

VWG
10-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Great Job! Good luck for the rest of the season.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Congrats to Z Jr! :clap:

BTW, how's Lady Z doing? Didn't she run CC last year or was it track?

She runs both. So far her best finish is 18th and she ran a 14.04 so that is much improved over last year. Our goal was to get down into 13 minute times. Hope that she can shave off a few more seconds before district. With a time in the 13's she will most likely qualify for regionals. She is a sophomore so she has two more years to work on making state. But for now small steps and hope to make regionals this year.

I have my hands full with all these kids!!!!

Lots of fun for Dad :)

Thanks for asking LH Panther Mom!

Adidas410s
10-03-2005, 01:16 PM
is the HSU JV playing the Air Force JV again? I know they did a few times when I was there...the guys really thought that was a special game!

AP Panther Fan
10-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Wow...they have some deep rosters!:eek:

I was going to ask if you might have seen the following young man from Aransas Pass play with your son, but I am not sure how much playing time he is getting as a freshman.

48 George Alvarado LB 5-11 225 FR Aransas Pass, Texas (Aransas Pass)

Congratulations to your son, I am glad to hear that he is truly enjoying the program.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-03-2005, 02:26 PM
They didn't play them this year. Too bad as I can see why that would be a great game for them. Especially when they played up in Colorado. The JV has a 10 game schedule and they only have 2 away games (Cisco and Belton) so it is nice for me to have to only drive 2 hours and watch them play.

One interesting note...every single JV player gets to play. They don't all get the same amount of PT but they all get in at some point in the game.

Date Opponent Location Time
Sept. 5 New Mexico Military Academy Shelton Stadium 5 PM
Sept. 12 Howard Payne Univ. Shelton Stadium 6 PM
Sept. 19 Cisco JC Shelton Stadium 6 PM
Sept. 26 McMurry Univ. Shelton Stadium 7 PM
Oct. 3 Abilene Christian Univ. Shelton Stadium 7 PM
Oct. 10 Cisco JC Cisco 6 PM
Oct. 17 Univ. of Mary Hardin-Baylor Shelton Stadium 6 PM
Oct. 24 McMurry Univ. Indian Stadium (Abilene) 7 PM
Oct. 31 Abilene Christian Univ. Shelton Stadium 7 PM
Nov. 7 Univ. of Mary Hardin-Baylor Belton 6 PM

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Wow...they have some deep rosters!:eek:

I was going to ask if you might have seen the following young man from Aransas Pass play with your son, but I am not sure how much playing time he is getting as a freshman.

48 George Alvarado LB 5-11 225 FR Aransas Pass, Texas (Aransas Pass)

Congratulations to your son, I am glad to hear that he is truly enjoying the program.

I'll look for him tonight!

AP Panther Fan
10-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I'll look for him tonight!

Great.:thumbsup:

Looks like the Cowboys have some nice purple and gold uniforms. Georgie should be feeling right at home since they are the AP school colors also.

Enjoy the game and give us an update tomorrow.:D