PDA

View Full Version : Jasper's Gilbert Moye transfered to Diboll???

Split Back Veer
10-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Heard he transfered to Diboll to live with his aunt and now is enrolled in school there and playing football. Any info on this?

GreenMonster
10-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Not possible to play football right away after transferring in. Must sit out 6 weeks I believe, maybe more. Better go to the UIL website to check the amount of time a player must sit out. I would suspect this to be 100% rumor and speculation if I were a bettin man.

Split Back Veer
10-02-2005, 10:04 PM
I know the player must sit out , but your wrong it's 15 days they must sit out. Don't know if its a rumor or not. Just heard hes living with his aunt who is a coach in diboll and plans to play for them.

Gobbla2001
10-03-2005, 06:57 AM
If he moved for athletic purposes he must play sub-varsity for a whole season...

If it is proven that this is not the case he has to sit out 15 days...

Good luck to him wherever he goes...

Gobbla2001
10-03-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
If he moved for athletic purposes he must play sub-varsity for a whole season...

If it is proven that this is not the case he has to sit out 15 days...

I'm pretty sure he'll only have to sit out 15 days...

Good luck to him wherever he goes...

lostaussie
10-03-2005, 07:03 AM
judging from the talk this is getting on smoaky.com i do not think this is rumor. looks like moye is now at diboll.

Gobbler Fan
10-03-2005, 07:54 AM
According to the UIL 16 days before they can play ----this is for cases involving Hurricane affected Kids/families. Gobbla he will be able to play Varsity after this time . If this is true Diboll got them one hell of a QB.

Matthew328
10-03-2005, 10:58 AM
so what has Jasper just cancelled the season or what????

gobblerfan02
10-03-2005, 11:08 AM
wonder why he moved in the middle of jasper's season????:thinking: :confused:

mwynn05
10-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
wonder why he moved in the middle of jasper's season????:thinking: :confused: they dont have school and I have heard 2 months until they have electricity in Jasper so I think he should be allowed to play

Chris Hart
10-03-2005, 11:17 AM
My mother lives in Rayburn Country outside of Jasper. She said they got 125 mph winds all the way up there. The electricity is the defining factor in SE Texas' football. It just depends on how long to get it back up and going, whether or not they get to finish out district. They were saying on the High School Scoreboard that they needed 3 weeks to play out the district games enough to determine playoff teams. They are planning on cramming four games per team into a 3 week period, if power is restored by week 8. At least that's what I took out of the Ric Renner interview with the UIL president.

gobblerfan02
10-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Wow, I didn't even know things were this bad over in Jasper!:(

spiveyrat
10-03-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
thats ok.....i got a call from coach lauve today....and hes talked to everyone else and told them not to enroll anywhere....cause we should all be back in about 2 weeks. Sorry guys.

This was copy/pasted from either this site or the 4a site by j_dog over on jasper-bulldogs.com.

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
thats ok.....i got a call from coach lauve today....and hes talked to everyone else and told them not to enroll anywhere....cause we should all be back in about 2 weeks. Sorry guys.

This was posted by j_dog over on jasper-bulldogs.com. I saw the above post either on here or over on the 4a site too. Surprised none of you saw it... :thinking:

I remember seeing it.

spiveyrat
10-03-2005, 11:53 AM
Ha, you quoted me before I edited my post!! ;)

Bandera YaYa
10-03-2005, 12:52 PM
I know it must really really be bad not to be able to play football for those towns (teams), but I feel like he and any other player, who was displaced by Rita, should be able to go somewhere else and play....I'm sure Moye would rather be playing for his own team......but not playing at all is not much of an option....good luck to all the displaced teams and players!!!!