PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Fans Disappointed

maroonpirate04
10-02-2005, 12:33 PM
I was just wondering now that the Pirates got back on track in their football season, You would think that the fans would attend the Sinton Orange Grove game this past friday. I noticed when I went to the game the stands weren't full on the home side it always is. I was sitting in section A were the band used to sit and that side weren't full. Was it because the school district didn't want to give back our money from the Sinton Cuero game. I know I was kinda mad about no refunds or at least letting us use those tickets for this past friday's games. :( Well the Pirates are doing great :clap: Congrats to them for working hard and not letting the teams they played so far not scoring more than 7 points in each game. Wish them luck in district gonna a tough district

sinton66
10-02-2005, 01:30 PM
There may still be some that took off for the hurricane and decided to make a vacation out of it. I think the crowd will be there once district play starts. The usual crowd was down by the fence this past Friday, didn't pay much attention to the stands.

Ranger Mom
10-02-2005, 01:39 PM
They didn't return your money (or let you use the tickets) from the cancelled Sinton/Cuero game??

That's crappy!!!

sinton66
10-02-2005, 01:42 PM
Yeah, weird deal, they sent Cuero's money back, but not ours. Go figure.

maroonpirate04
10-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
They didn't return your money (or let you use the tickets) from the cancelled Sinton/Cuero game??

That's crappy!!!

Nope and they announced it at the game friday no refunds, The thing that got me mad was that when I bought my ticket their was no sign at the main office saying No refunds if Sinton/Cuero is cancelled:mad: But when I went to get to buy for Sinton/Orange Grove game they put a sign up and even stamped it on the back of the ticket. I think if they are not gonna return our money they should give it to the Katrina/Rita Hurricane victims for a good cause instead making us think they are ripping us off

Ranger Mom
10-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Nope and they announced it at the game friday no refunds, The thing that got me mad was that when I bought my ticket their was no sign at the main office saying No refunds if Sinton/Cuero is cancelled:mad: But when I went to get to buy for Sinton/Orange Grove game they put a sign up and even stamped it on the back of the ticket. I think if they are not gonna return our money they should give it to the Katrina/Rita Hurricane victims for a good cause instead making us think they are ripping us off

I agree! Our first game a couple of years ago was to be held at Grande Communications Center in Midland. It was cancelled due to lightning. It would have been next to impossible to return the money, since the game was held at a Midland field.

The game was played the next day in Greenwood. There was no admission for either side to get in!

sinfan75
10-03-2005, 11:40 AM
I wasn't dissappointed. THE ENTIRE SCOREBOARD WAS WORKIN!! Maybe that's why they had a power outtage before the game.:D :D :D .

Fish's mom
10-03-2005, 12:02 PM

That's crappy!!!

Ditto

District303aPastPlayer
10-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
I wasn't dissappointed. THE ENTIRE SCOREBOARD WAS WORKIN!! Maybe that's why they had a power outtage before the game.:D :D :D .

i knew that was coming

Gobbla2001
10-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Wish life was as fair as we want it to be... Wish I could get money for the two days of work I had to miss due to the plant being closed down, but it happens...

Let's just be happy we weren't hit by the hurricane...

44INAROW
10-03-2005, 12:26 PM

That's crappy!!!

I have to agree with you on that RM - I can understand maybe not giving a refund, but I think they should be valid for another game - :rolleyes:

Another valid point too

Originally posted by Gobbla2001

Let's just be happy we weren't hit by the hurricane...

Bandera YaYa
10-03-2005, 12:33 PM
So, the Sinton ISD just kept all that money?? Wow.......that's kind a low blow to it's faithful fans. :eek:

Buccaneer
10-03-2005, 03:27 PM
I bought season tickets this season just to be sure to have good seats for the GP and Cuero games! I didn't feel like going to the OG game and gave my tickets away.

I don't care about a refund for the Cuero game but can empathize for other fans especially for large families who purchased many tickets! I emailed Mr. Roberts and suggested he make the tickets good for admittance for a varsity basketball game as it would help with attendance and spirit for the basketball team. You might want to email him and make your thoughts known.

MRoberts@sintonisd.net

pirate4state
10-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
I don't care about a refund for the Cuero game but can empathize for other fans especially for large families who purchased many tickets! I emailed Mr. Roberts and suggested he make the tickets good for admittance for a varsity basketball game as it would help with attendance and spirit for the basketball team. You might want to email him and make your thoughts known.

MRoberts@sintonisd.net I'm sure he'll LOVE that!! :rolleyes: :D :D

He has already let his feelings known, let him know yours!! :evillaugh

AP Panther Fan
10-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
He has already let his feelings known, let him know yours!! :evillaugh

You know, I just realized that we had a home game cancelled (Refugio) and that I have season tickets. Sooooo, I just called the school and they said if I would bring the tickets back they will refund my money.

Whew....I was ready to get angry expecting a similar response. Buccaneer, you are right in that it adds up, when you have bought 4 or 5 tickets. ;)

piratebg
10-03-2005, 04:23 PM
I was very hesitant to buy tickets for the Cuero game. When I called the admin building to ask if the gameswas going to be moved, they said it was moved to Thursday and that presale tickets would not be refunded should the game end up cancelled. I waited until Wednesday to see what they were going to do, and I am glad I did. Sorry SOBs.

District303aPastPlayer
10-03-2005, 07:43 PM
i talked to a lady at HEB the other day... said she bough14 tickets...

at 5 bucks a piece... thats a whopping $70 she out of...

sinfan75
10-03-2005, 07:48 PM
I think they used that money to fix the scoreboard. Yeah right!

District303aPastPlayer
10-03-2005, 07:51 PM
I think they used that money to fix the scoreboard. Yeah right!

how about we just get one with a video screen

Bandera YaYa
10-03-2005, 07:52 PM
There is prob enough money made off that cancelled game to pay for one!

District303aPastPlayer
10-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
There is prob enough money made off that cancelled game to pay for one!

from what i had understood, that game would bring in about 3,000+ people :)

Gobbla2001
10-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Only 3,000?

Last year brought in 6,000+

sinfan75
10-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Probably talkin about the Sinton side, I think.

PhiI C
10-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Or maybe use the money to get a couple of 25 second clocks.

District303aPastPlayer
10-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Probably talkin about the Sinton side, I think.

yep yep....

District303aPastPlayer
10-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Or maybe use the money to get a couple of 25 second clocks.

na... we got refs for that

sinfan75
10-03-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Or maybe use the money to get a couple of 25 second clocks. Or use the money to rent the "Hooters" girls as cheerleaders for one game.:D

SINTON81
10-04-2005, 08:06 AM
Or use the money to rent the "Hooters" girls as cheerleaders for one game.:D

I think "Bud" is putting thoughts in 75's mind. Budweiser, that is.:D :D

spur-that-mule
10-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Hear that Marlin is trying to schedule a game for week 10 with Sinton and waiting to hear a response. Seems that Marlin is open week 10 due to the way their district is set up..........and Marlin is willing to travel to get a game. Anyone from Sinton have some insight to this!

SintonFan
10-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by spur-that-mule
Hear that Marlin is trying to schedule a game for week 10 with Sinton and waiting to hear a response. Seems that Marlin is open week 10 due to the way their district is set up..........and Marlin is willing to travel to get a game. Anyone from Sinton have some insight to this!
That would be a hoot!:clap:
With our season tickets we had 10 ticket puchased for the game. I made sure I had tickets for T, B and RM in case she got tired of that guy who yells "Go Mean Grean!", or is it, "Go big Green!"
It turned out that it was the Sinton side that yelled "Go big GREEN!!!"... since they kept our money.;)

44INAROW
10-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
that guy who yells "Go Mean Grean!",

That would be the One and Only, Mr Spencer :D :D

I think a Marlin/Sinton matchup would be a great game!

Phil C
10-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
That would be the One and Only, Mr Spencer :D :D

I think a Marlin/Sinton matchup would be a great game!

Does Mr. Spencer still go to the games since his son graduated (I think).

Anyway I am agin that game. We don't need to risk injuries before the playoffs.

Phil C
10-04-2005, 11:42 AM
I was just wondering now that the Pirates got back on track in their football season, You would think that the fans would attend the Sinton Orange Grove game this past friday. I noticed when I went to the game the stands weren't full on the home side it always is. I was sitting in section A were the band used to sit and that side weren't full. Was it because the school district didn't want to give back our money from the Sinton Cuero game. I know I was kinda mad about no refunds or at least letting us use those tickets for this past friday's games. :( Well the Pirates are doing great :clap: Congrats to them for working hard and not letting the teams they played so far not scoring more than 7 points in each game. Wish them luck in district gonna a tough district

I don't know if we are disappointed maroon - maybe ripped off but not disappointed. ;) :D

Phil C
10-04-2005, 11:44 AM
That would be a hoot!:clap:
It turned out that it was the Sinton side that yelled "Go big GREEN!!!"... since they kept our money.;)

Good one SintonFan!! :D

44INAROW
10-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Does Mr. Spencer still go to the games since his son graduated (I think).
Oh yes, he still goes, He is the ultimate fan :)

spur-that-mule
10-05-2005, 09:48 AM
Sinton and Marlin will not play as Sinton wants to use that week to get healthy heading into the play-offs

RiverRat19
10-05-2005, 09:59 AM
...that guy who yells "Go Mean Grean...

He kills me. I have seen him a number of times in the last 4 years or so and cracks me up!!! Someone here posted a recent pic and instead of the green hard hat he was sporting a green Mohawk! Too much!!!

maroonpirate04
10-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Oh yes, he still goes, He is the ultimate fan :)

maroonpirate04
10-05-2005, 10:34 AM

Oops my bad:( sorry did the wrong quote