WHOOP!!!

turbostud
10-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
WHOOP!!!

Not a very good post for your first. :p

RoTexRider3
10-01-2005, 06:38 PM
A&M...Not the powerhouse we expected. Look for McNeal to step it up a notch!

Baylor...Damn well inproved team. Will give every team in their conference a run for their money!

West22
10-01-2005, 06:49 PM
BAYLOR NOT BAD FOR A 42 POINT UNDERDOG.

lepfan
10-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
WHOOP!!!

It appears they almost got the "whoop" knocked out of them. :)

sahen
10-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by West22
BAYLOR NOT BAD FOR A 42 POINT UNDERDOG.
actually it was a 22.5 point under dog (accoriding to vegas on early friday, couldve moved a little)......

wow i was impressed w/ the defense, we apparantly have a really good one this year.....offense needs to get better....

sic'em bears!

Leopards,class of 75
10-01-2005, 09:29 PM
What was the final score???

Chris Hart
10-01-2005, 09:52 PM
17-13

CHS_CG
10-02-2005, 02:17 AM
A&M-16
Baylor-13
in OT

Personaly I think both the O and D looked like crap at the game. A&M had one of the best drives they had done all day and didnt freakin score on it. *** was that??:mad: I will agree a win is a win!

WHOOP!

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2005, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
A&M had one of the best drives they had done all day and didnt freakin score on it. *** was that??:mad:

It's called DEFENSE by the other team. :p :D

shellman54
10-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Aggie offense was out of sync the entire game. Baylor had many chances, but could not capitalize. Baylor has a much improved team this year, however, and might steal a couple of games in the Big 12. Good luck to both teams!!!!

PS. Have a sunburn on my face after yesterday's game, but it was a blast!!!

ro_tex_solja
10-02-2005, 09:33 PM
even with the quote a win is a win this game is nothing to brag about if your an aggie fan

GreenMonster
10-02-2005, 09:55 PM
A win in a rivalry game is a big win no matter what the score or what the over/under is.

sahen
10-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
even with the quote a win is a win this game is nothing to brag about if your an aggie fan
u beat a good baylor team that u shouldve lost too....you should be happy about that...as they said before the game "this isnt your father's baylor"

there i said it....baylor's better and might actually be decent....i honestly expect us to have a chance at 6 wins and a bowl

ro_tex_solja
10-02-2005, 11:12 PM
that was the gayest thing ever when baylor was in the redzone 7 times and could barely salvage any points...baylor's qb is worthless...instead of standing in the pocket and making a throw he would rather roll out and throw it away everytime

AggieJohn
10-02-2005, 11:36 PM
let me just say, i was at the game, and i see many defecits in the aggie defense, the game would of been a shootout if they were playing a more potent offensive team and if reggie was in groove, but the fact reminas that a good a&m offense played poorly and and baylor didn't capitalize on that

about the only lesson that can be learned here is that:

a&m can beat a decent baylor squad even when they play bad

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2005, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

Or lose to one. ;)

AggieJohn
10-03-2005, 07:56 AM
i was talking about this year, i don't like to live in the past :)

AggieJohn
10-03-2005, 07:57 AM
plus i love how everyone who was saying shawn bell was the crap is now calling for his head and putting a countdown till he's replaced

District303aPastPlayer
10-03-2005, 08:46 AM
direct quote from my boss, an A&M grad...

"i'll tell you what partner, the best team on that field didnt win that game"

AggieJohn
10-03-2005, 08:52 AM
in the words of coach fran:

"i think anytime that you have to go 96 yards to force overtime, that shows something......."

raider red 2000
10-03-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
A win in a rivalry game is a big win no matter what the score or what the over/under is.

baylor and ATM arnt rivals.

ATM dosent even consider TECH a rival.....and tech has been successful against them lately.

District303aPastPlayer
10-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

ATM dosent even consider TECH a rival.....and tech has been successful against them lately.

by default, if you beat A&M, you are an instant rival... :p

Bullaholic
10-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Congrats to A&M on the win. The Ags will not get their former respect back until they beat a ranked opponent. For the sake of Texas football, I hope they beat a ranked non-Texas opponent sometime this year.

AggieJohn
10-03-2005, 03:02 PM
they face a tough colorado team that is playing its homecoming game, so we'll see if it happens this weekend

sahen
10-03-2005, 04:37 PM
let me just say, i was at the game, and i see many defecits in the aggie defense, the game would of been a shootout if they were playing a more potent offensive team and if reggie was in groove, but the fact reminas that a good a&m offense played poorly and and baylor didn't capitalize on that

well...all i can say is i guess all that talk of how A&M was gonna be ready for Baylor and how they were gonna show them whose boss and "lock them inside the gates and not let them out til the kicked their a**" must've not have been heard by the football team.....the Aggies had 9 days to prepare for baylor, they couldnt stop our offense (except in the redzone, and a lot of that was baylor stopping itself though teh Aggie defense did do a good job there), they couldnt move the ball on our defense, the option game looked like crap, and Reggie was put on his back enough that he couldnt throw worth crap and when he did throw, half the time it seemed like it was to a Baylor player or to the grass (he was confused and wasnt reading the coverage at all).....one more thing about the game....Baylor used the same schemes they used last year, they stopped the option again just like they did in Waco, for 2 straight years Baylor outplayed A&M, and that is pure coaching....The only reason A&M wins this game is they have Reggie McNeal at QB and he leads them on a heckuva drive at the end of the game to tie it....oh and whoever made that ridiculous 4th down catch helped too....the Aggies played bad because Baylor's defense made them look crappy, not because the Aggie offense didnt show up....if you truely believe your offense didnt show up then maybe you should join the fire Fran campaign, cause that is purely his fault....

If the aggies dont pick it up for next week Colorado will blow them out....The Aggies have the talent to be better than Colorado but they havent played like it yet this year....

sahen
10-03-2005, 04:44 PM
plus i love how everyone who was saying shawn bell was the crap is now calling for his head and putting a countdown till he's replaced
actually that has been the talk since he was named starting QB this spring....when he throws the ball less than 15 yards he is a good QB, when it goes past that it looks like me throwing the ball.....he has no deep ball, but he is smart and he doesnt turn it over that often.....Most people are being more vocal about it now cause we were undefeated til we lost this weekend and so its kinda hard to bench a guy who is winning for u....

Adidas410s
10-03-2005, 05:58 PM
thought I would move this over to the right thread in an attempt to "stir the pot"

we can always count on an aggie to bring this stuff up!

Here is another picture I "found" from Saturday...too bad this one isn't real! :D

http://xf1.xanga.com/9dc812731833814101697/b10109316.jpg

There would have been craziness at Kyle Field...I can see it now! The Baylor fans don't get scared away by the swords and somebody ends up getting stabbed and then A&M has assault charges filed against them....pure madness!

sahen
10-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

actually there is a rivalry between baylor/a&m...not the magnitude of a&m/texas or anything but there is a rivalry there....it has been ignored though because until the last 2 years baylor hasnt been able to compete.....in the past people have been killled over the rivarly....and im being serious, people have actually died....

AggieJohn
10-03-2005, 06:50 PM
the same can be said for the a&m texas rivalry, it's still there, but hasn't been talked about that much because texas has been better than a&m the past few years, however OU has been their prominent foe, but that has only at least been in effect since the inception of the big 12.....

what people have to understad is that A&M and texas will always be rivals, however A&M/baylor, tech/A&M will be BIG GAMES not a rivalry.....you can only have one rival, otherwise if you have multiple rivals, it just makes them all in the category of big games, and takes none of the pagentry out of it....

i mean honestly, in texas and in a&m's school song do you hear any mention of baylor or tech

sahen
10-03-2005, 06:55 PM
well i guess if rivalry means ur so obsessed w/ beating them u write ur school song about it then we rnt rivals.....most people consider rivals people you really really hate to lose too....i'd say that all texas schools r each others rivals to a point, just some rivalrys r bigger than others with the a&m/texas game being the biggest rivalry in texas...

also you have to have history to have a rivalry.....all the texas schools that were in the old SWC have history with each other....

Bullaholic
10-03-2005, 07:57 PM
If you have to beat the Ags to be their rival---I think they have gotten a lot of "rivals" in the last few years.:D

Seriously speaking---Back in the days of the old SWC, both Baylor and Texas Tech were considered conference "rivals", but were never taken that seriously by A&M. However, in recent years, both Baylor and Tech have proven themselves worthy "rivals", with Tech assuming that role in a big way over the last 3 or 4 years ( complete with brawling governor) and Baylor beginning to "rival" in the last couple of years. Whether or not these teams remain A&M "rivals" will depend on A&M's success in restoring their program to national prominence.

AggieJohn
10-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by sahen
well i guess if rivalry means ur so obsessed w/ beating them u write ur school song about it then we rnt rivals.....most people consider rivals people you really really hate to lose too....i'd say that all texas schools r each others rivals to a point, just some rivalrys r bigger than others with the a&m/texas game being the biggest rivalry in texas...

also you have to have history to have a rivalry.....all the texas schools that were in the old SWC have history with each other....
yeah but just because you are throwing out the word "rival" too easily...it's like the word love, you just can't throw it out there

JHS_c/o_06'
10-03-2005, 10:53 PM
in the words of coach fran:

"i think anytime that you have to go 96 yards to force overtime, that shows something......."

with as good as a&m is and should be.....they should have never been in the position to have to make a 96 yd drive to go into overtime. Regardless of what kind of groove or lack there of McNeil was in, put McGee in.....he coulda got the job done.

AggieJohn
10-06-2005, 12:10 PM
http://www.baylorfans.com/temp3/guy_morriss.jpg

Adidas410s
10-06-2005, 01:36 PM
http://www.baylorfans.com/temp3/guy_morriss.jpg

Why not go and find the pictures of Fran and his faithful assitants being "too cool" to talk to the Baylor coaches before the game...

AggieJohn
10-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Why not go and find the pictures of Fran and his faithful assitants being "too cool" to talk to the Baylor coaches before the game... he wasn't being too cool, morris asked fran and his staff if he wanted to meet before the game midfield, he said no that they had various engagements to attend too beforehand, morris understood

ro_tex_solja
10-06-2005, 02:57 PM
i cant believe yall are still talkin about this game....it wasnt even that good of a win for the aggies...they still arent gonna make any noise in the big 12...oklahoma texas and texas tech and probably iowa state are gonna beat them....then that will be something to talk about

Tackle75
10-06-2005, 08:00 PM
No way A&M loses to Iowa State, Oklahoma State, or possibly even Oklahoma. I think A&M is gonna be fine. I think this year it is just taking longer than anticipated for this team to jel, but

dont worry the boys will be fine. Possibly good enough to be OU, and definately Iowa State, and OKlahoma state,

Im really worried about Texas. And that pains me to say that