PDA

View Full Version : Not 3A, but oh well, Bay City 28 El Campo 21

Gobbla2001
10-01-2005, 12:01 AM
This is the oldest rivalry in the state... The first high school football game ever played was between these two schools... That was a LONNNNG time ago... it is crazy how they have managed to stay in the same district pretty much the whole time (now 24-AAAA)...

Bay City seems to have made some improvement since the WO-S earlier this year, but still got a ways to go...

Last year when I went to the game, a fight broke out... 15-20 minute delay... this year three almost broke out, but everyone stepped in and made sure it didn't happen again...

One question, though... how in the hell did El Campo beat Wharton the way they did zero-week???

Maybe I'm missing something, but by watching El Campo and Wharton this year, I wouldn't have seen that one, I'd say Wharton, if nothing else atleast an OT or two, three, four...

Please tell me, Wharton folks, that your team didn't 'get up' for the Cuero game and are done with the rest of their season???

El Campo's offensive line must average about 195, but I'll give you 200... Yah, they're quick, but they can't block (now holding is a different story)...

Their defense is 'ok', but they were pretty lucky tonight that Cherry was conservative as hell with the play calling...

Screw it, I'll give it to ya, after seeing both El Campo and Wharton play this year, I would have thought Wharton would have won 28-21, like the score was tonight between these two...

How in the hell did it end up being 44-19 or whatever it was in favor of El Campo?

Gobbla2001
10-01-2005, 12:21 AM
Also, El Campo's receivers need to weart boxing gloves or have their fingers taped together... The Bay City defenders would do a great job of jamming the receiver, but the receiver would then grab the City-Cat receiver and pull him wherever he wanted to...

Maybe that is why they stay in ball-games...

htowntransplant
10-01-2005, 12:26 AM
bay city is a scary team. sure they are 1-3, but all losses were to non distrcit foes, and good ones. #1 La Marque, beaumont ozen, and west orange stark. go lamar cons.

Gobbla2001
10-01-2005, 12:40 AM
I like Bay City, have good athletes and a good program... but their fans have gotten to me this year...

They are 10 times closer to Pearland than WO-S is, yet WO-S brought 10 times the number of fans to the game this year...

And tonight, on two separate drives, El Campo was right infront of the section of fans I was standing near... El Campo was 20 yards from the endzone both times, big plays, like 3rd and 4 or something like that, and they were just as silent as could be...

I wanted to say 'WAKE UP, YELL DEFENSE OR SOMETHING!"

htowntransplant
10-01-2005, 12:45 AM
i think they are spoiled from all the great teams they have had.