PDA

View Full Version : Matthew, I'll trade comments with you

bleedgreen
09-30-2005, 11:13 PM
Kennedale 28 Everman 21 you go first

Matthew328
09-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Everman didn't deserve to win the game plain and simple.....4 turnovers, a snap that sails over the punters head that gives KHS a 25 yard field, and 13 penalties for 130 yards....despite a superhuman effort by Moore Everman lost.....I admit it Kennedale has Everman's number...until Everman takes the game as seriously as Kennedale does they will never beat Kennedale...the Everman game is Kennedale's Super Bowl...plain and simple...even the guys in the pressbox said it....maybe when they get in the same district in 4A things will be different but I doubt it

bleedgreen
10-04-2005, 09:11 PM
I took a lot of ribbing from everyone around me when I stood for Everman's school song. They had no right to ridicule me because Everman IS my alma mater. Anyway, every game I've seen Kennedale play this year has been a nail biter and this one wasn't decided until the last play by Everman. You may not have noticed but the band was almost called for unsportsmanlike conduct. I'm glad we only got a warning. Jet Teague turned out to be a great cheerleader.
You're right. Everman took over the game after they were down 14-0 with 8:13 left in the 2nd qtr. In the 3rd period alone, Everman had possesion for 10 1/2 minutes. With 8:18 left, they drove down the field in a 15 play drive. It was pretty dominating. With 4:50 left in the 4th, Kennedale was then down 21-14. Kennedale was at the Everman 45 yard line when a critical pass interference was called. That seemed to pump up the Wildcats and they finally got the running game going. With 1:39 left in the game Kennedale scored to tie. On the next possession Everman drove from its own 21 down to Kennedale's 12. The game ended with a QB sack.
I thought coach Barrett called a great game. Since Mickey Norris had limited yardage (compared to avg), other players got involved. Kennedale's #5 ran a 28 yard reverse into the end zone. It was a 13 yard pass in overtime that put the game away. Of course, the defense had to come out and stop that QB/RB that Everman has.
Since I don't take the Startle Gram, I don't know what the stats are. If someone could take the time to send them to me, I sure would appreciate it. Kennedale has been finding a way to win. Just ask Brdgeport. There cannot be a let down after the "Super Bowl". I hope to see a significant win soon. I'm running out of Tums.