Bellville 41 - Gonzales 0
Ingram 40 - Goliad 20

BrahmaDAD70
09-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Nice win for those bulls !
Thanks for the score.

RoTexRider3
10-01-2005, 06:32 PM
I was at the Bellville-Gonzales game last night...
First of all:
Gonzales...Don't think they'll make the playoffs. They have improved, but not to a playoff contended team. Not enough speed and talent.
Bellville...Not to good of a defensive squad, but the best damn offense I've seen in a long time. They have the power to score when they want! Bellville will be a playoff contended team, but won't make it to far if the defense doesn't step it up.

Good Luck to both team throughout the season!

AP Panther Fan
10-01-2005, 08:19 PM
AP lost to those darn "howling bears" from CC West Oso. 28-7:doh: :nerd:

Bull's-eye
10-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by RoTexRider3
I was at the Bellville-Gonzales game last night...
First of all:
Bellville...Not to good of a defensive squad, but the best damn offense I've seen in a long time. They have the power to score when they want! Bellville will be a playoff contended team, but won't make it to far if the defense doesn't step it up.
Good Luck to both team throughout the season!

Bellville limited Gonzales to 0 points, 72 yards rushing and only 87 yards passing. Bellville had 2 starters out and substituted fequently during this game. The second and third teams received a lot of playing time. Not sure how you can say they are not too good on defense. :thinking:

They did give up huge yardage against Marlin & Cameron, but I don't think too many defenses can slow those 2 teams. Also, with the offense striking so quickly, the defense is on the field more.

RoTexRider3
10-02-2005, 02:01 PM
I said it and I'ma say it again...Bellville IS the best offensive team I'v seen in a while...But not one of the best Defenses. Gonzales is by far the worst offense team...There were times where Gonzales picked up yards on plays where Bellville missed tackles, etc.

Bull's-eye
10-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Sorry RoTexRider3, I didn't notice all those missed tackles. I called some people that were at that game and they didn't recall seeing them either. After reading your first post, most people would think Bellville's defense had a bad showing or wasn't too good. The number 1 stat is to keep your opponent from scoring. The Bellville defense did the best that any defensive unit can hope to accomplish (0 points).

Your right, Gonzales is not that good on offense, but give the Bellville defense some credit. I agree, they don't have an elite defense, but they are good and getting better with each game.

Chris Hart
10-03-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm thinking Bellville is looking like a title contender. Bulls Eye do you think yall go Div I or II this year?

Bull's-eye
10-03-2005, 12:17 PM
It all depends on Navasota making the play-offs. Rice, Sealy and a improved Hempstead team all figure into the mix. Bellville has the 2nd largest enrollment behind Navasota.

Chris Hart
10-03-2005, 12:24 PM
I think the Brahmas will be a major player either way.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Im with you Bulls-Eye, I was there, and I did not see the missed tackles. How much better do we need to get, Gonzales did not score and had less than 150 total yards, and most of them yards came of the 2nd and 3rd teamers. Bellvilles D is good enough to stand in with just about any 3A team, and they are almost all 10th and 11th graders. Look out next year for this young team, but were not done this year!!!!!!

How about Bellville and Cuero next year in Pre- Season???

Bull's-eye
10-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the confirmation FBB! I couldn't let someone say "not too good of a defensive squad" after watching them shut down Gonzales. They basically have 3 shut-outs. Caldwell's only score was due to a bad punt snap and Yoakum scored late against back ups.

You are right about "look out next year, but they are not done this year". I would love to see a Bellville/Cuero series!

District303aPastPlayer
10-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Thanks for the confirmation FBB! I couldn't let someone say "not too good of a defensive squad" after watching them shut down Gonzales. They basically have 3 shut-outs. Caldwell's only score was due to a bad punt snap and Yoakum scored late against back ups.

You are right about "look out next year, but they are not done this year". I would love to see a Bellville/Cuero series!

umm.. then they dont basically have 3 shut outs... a TEAM pitches a shut out by the entire TEAM not allowing their opponent to score. Whether it be back ups or not... mistakes are mistakes and scores happen when mistakes happen.. I know im being critical, and im not trying to step on your toes, but basically having a shut out, and actual shut outs are very construed ideas and concepts... often tossed around and misused at time...

Phil C
10-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
AP lost to those darn "howling bears" from CC West Oso. 28-7:doh: :nerd:

Beware of the Howling Bear! Especially in the Den of Bears!

Bull's-eye
10-04-2005, 12:35 PM
I agree, just trying to defend "not too good of a defensive squad". Bellville will hardly ever get a shut-out because they believe in getting their reserves valuable playing time and not running up the score.

District303aPastPlayer
10-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I agree, just trying to defend "not too good of a defensive squad". Bellville will hardly ever get a shut-out because they believe in getting their reserves valuable playing time and not running up the score.

i getcha now.