PDA

View Full Version : marlin graham

West22
09-30-2005, 10:50 PM
marlin 14 graham 12

dutchman
10-01-2005, 01:40 AM
This was the score but it is incorrect. The stadium lights went out three times in the first half. It took fifteen to twenty minutes for them to come back up. It was 9:30 and still had over four minutes to go in the first half. Coach Malone had enough, since it was obvious the problem could not be corrected, so they canceled the game. Final score Graham 0 Marlin 0. Good game by the Steers, but I do not know that we will be making this trip again next year. 3 and 1/2 hours driving time, just to have the game canceled. On a good note the players from both teams met at midfield and said a prayer together before parting. Good luck to the Graham team this year.

VWG
10-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by dutchman
This was the score but it is incorrect. The stadium lights went out three times in the first half. It took fifteen to twenty minutes for them to come back up. It was 9:30 and still had over four minutes to go in the first half. Coach Malone had enough, since it was obvious the problem could not be corrected, so they canceled the game. Final score Graham 0 Marlin 0. Good game by the Steers, but I do not know that we will be making this trip again next year. 3 and 1/2 hours driving time, just to have the game canceled. On a good note the players from both teams met at midfield and said a prayer together before parting. Good luck to the Graham team this year.

Graham scheduled Marlin and Levelland this year and last year. Both over 200 mile trips to Graham. I think Graham even paid Marlin to come to Graham, due to Graham has been having a hard time scheduling teams to play them.

dutchman
10-02-2005, 10:54 AM
From the Waco Tribune Herald:

Floodlights fail on Marlin, Graham (http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/highschools/stories/2005/10/01/20051001wacmarlinccd.html)

Here are my comments on the game, that I posted on the centex and texas high school web sites:

Graham won the toss and gave Marlin the ball; I think they wanted to establish that their defense could stop Marlin. The dawgs took the ball down the field and scored on a 30-yard pass. Graham got the ball and marched down the field, they ran a statue of Liberty play that fooled everyone, I had no idea where the ball was, the McCoy receiver threw a sixty yard pass that went to Marlin's 3 yard line. Then the lights went out for the first time. Had to wait twenty minutes for them to come back on. Graham scored three plays later. They missed the field goal and the score was Marlin 7 Graham 6. Graham kicked off and Marlin ran the ball back to about the fifty-yard line. The first quarter ended and Marlin switched ends of the field. The next play Jeremy ran a sweep and went the distance for a touchdown. Marlin 14 Graham 6. Marlin stopped Graham on the next series and they punted the ball. Marlin drove to the 5 yard line and Jeremy passed to Benny Jones for the td, as he turned to step into the end zone a Graham player hit him, the ball popped up into the air and Graham recovered bringing it out to the 20-yard line. Graham's running game took over and they marched down the field. Marlin held in the red zone for a four and out. Graham turned the ball over on possessions. I think this was the second time the lights went out, sometime in the second quarter, took about fifteen minutes for the lights to come back up. Marlin went three and out and punted for the first time. Graham used the run and pass to move to Marlin's 2-yard line, Louder took the ball in on a sweep. Graham tried a 2-point conversion, but failed. Marlin 14 Graham 12. Graham kicked off to Marlin and Kenny Evans took the ball back to the Graham 35 yard line. Jeremy then threw a pass down the middle to Kenny and Marlin had the ball inside the red zone. Then the lights went out for the third time. This is from memory, so I am sure I may have left out a series, but Marlin punted only one time for the night.

VWG
10-02-2005, 11:38 AM
From the Waco Tribune Herald:

Floodlights fail on Marlin, Graham (http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/highschools/stories/2005/10/01/20051001wacmarlinccd.html)

Here are my comments on the game, that I posted on the centex and texas high school web sites:

Graham won the toss and gave Marlin the ball; I think they wanted to establish that their defense could stop Marlin. The dawgs took the ball down the field and scored on a 30-yard pass. Graham got the ball and marched down the field, they ran a statue of Liberty play that fooled everyone, I had no idea where the ball was, the McCoy receiver threw a sixty yard pass that went to Marlin's 3 yard line. Then the lights went out for the first time. Had to wait twenty minutes for them to come back on. Graham scored three plays later. They missed the field goal and the score was Marlin 7 Graham 6. Graham kicked off and Marlin ran the ball back to about the fifty-yard line. The first quarter ended and Marlin switched ends of the field. The next play Jeremy ran a sweep and went the distance for a touchdown. Marlin 14 Graham 6. Marlin stopped Graham on the next series and they punted the ball. Marlin drove to the 5 yard line and Jeremy passed to Benny Jones for the td, as he turned to step into the end zone a Graham player hit him, the ball popped up into the air and Graham recovered bringing it out to the 20-yard line. Graham's running game took over and they marched down the field. Marlin held in the red zone for a four and out. Graham turned the ball over on possessions. I think this was the second time the lights went out, sometime in the second quarter, took about fifteen minutes for the lights to come back up. Marlin went three and out and punted for the first time. Graham used the run and pass to move to Marlin's 2-yard line, Louder took the ball in on a sweep. Graham tried a 2-point conversion, but failed. Marlin 14 Graham 12. Graham kicked off to Marlin and Kenny Evans took the ball back to the Graham 35 yard line. Jeremy then threw a pass down the middle to Kenny and Marlin had the ball inside the red zone. Then the lights went out for the third time. This is from memory, so I am sure I may have left out a series, but Marlin punted only one time for the night.

I think that game would have been the Jeremy Bowl. Both Sanders and Louder put on a good show in the limited game time they had.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-03-2005, 09:02 PM
I asume this game was in Marlin? If so maybe the school board in Marlin could spend some money on New Lighting for there football field. When we played Marlin the only complants I heard was about the lighting there. The field has very low lighting and could us some new lighting.

West22
10-03-2005, 09:21 PM
THE GAME WAS AT GRAHAM

dutchman
10-04-2005, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I asume this game was in Marlin? If so maybe the school board in Marlin could spend some money on New Lighting for there football field. When we played Marlin the only complants I heard was about the lighting there. The field has very low lighting and could us some new lighting.

You know what they say about assumptions!

MARLINDOGS
10-04-2005, 06:19 AM
You know what they say about assumptions! :thinking: :thinking: :D

dutchman
10-04-2005, 07:09 AM
Unfortunately you know how it is with these dirt poor people in Marlin. I understand that most of them live in trailer parks because they cannot afford houses. We are hoping that someone will buy one of those new fangled gadgets called "puters" so they we can come up to the standards of the six-man schools. We were so embarrassed when The Bellville Brahamas had to play at our field and we used candlelight, because no one in Marlin could afford lighters to light up the field for the game. Maybe, just maybe some kind-hearted donor - it will not be the state, they cannot even help get the school books - will step up to the plate and allow Marlin to a least have a stadium comparable to a class 1A school.

marlin fan
10-04-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I asume this game was in Marlin? If so maybe the school board in Marlin could spend some money on New Lighting for there football field. When we played Marlin the only complants I heard was about the lighting there. The field has very low lighting and could us some new lighting. lol dude u needa read lol if u would have read you would have seen Dutchman talking about a 3 1/2 hours to get home!!!