Chris Hart
09-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Anyone have the final?

catdad
09-30-2005, 10:48 PM
kennedale 28 - Everman 21 1OT

bleedgreen
09-30-2005, 10:50 PM
As usual with Kennedale, the game goes down to the wire. The Wilcats pull out another win by the skin of the tails. 28-21 in overtime.

Chris Hart
09-30-2005, 10:51 PM
sounds like it was a great game. Way to go cats!

West22
10-01-2005, 07:00 PM
WE MAY NEED TO START WATCHING THE CATS A LITTLE CLOSER.THEY MAY BE A LOT BETTER THAN PEOPLE THOUGHT .

K-TOWN
10-01-2005, 07:09 PM
That game was a game to remember..

catdad
10-03-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by bleedgreen
As usual with Kennedale, the game goes down to the wire. The Wilcats pull out another win by the skin of the tails. 28-21 in overtime.

Yeh, luckily this year the UIL put in that new rule that you only have to have 1 more point than your opponent to win a game...no wait, that has always been the case. My bad.

gobblerfan02
10-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by catdad
Yeh, luckily this year the UIL put in that new rule that you only have to have 1 more point than your opponent to win a game...no wait, that has always been the case. My bad.

NO IT HASN'T ALWAYS BEEN THE CASE.

Port Isabel 20
Cuero 20...............when Cuero was #1 in state, #9 Nationally!

Port Isabel won by penetrations.....don't see a "point" difference here!

catdad
10-03-2005, 01:01 PM
that just further proves my point.

Matthew328
10-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Ughhhh this loss to Kennedale was the worst since we kicked em up and down the field for 3 and 1/2 quarters....but when you make the mistakes Everman made you are not gonna win...

catdad
10-04-2005, 06:45 AM
kicked them up and down the field for 3 1/2 qtrs.? Did you watch the game? I know you have to stay true to your school but I don't think even you can pretend that Everman was running away with that game. It was very intense playing from both teams.

BootLegNumber5
10-04-2005, 10:04 AM
kennedale was up 14-0 until the end of the second quarter, so i don't see where the 3 and a half quarters came from.....

garageoffice
10-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Ughhhh this loss to Kennedale was the worst since we kicked em up and down the field for 3 and 1/2 quarters....but when you make the mistakes Everman made you are not gonna win...

Hey, that's pretty funny considering the vast majority of yardage Everman made was on broken pass plays where the quarterback scrambled. I'll give him this, though; that Everman quarterback is an awesome athlete. I didn't see them do anything else that worked consistently.

Sure, they made mistakes, but so did Kennedale. Overall, I thought they were pretty evenly matched. Everman was bigger and faster (seem to be saying that a lot about Kennedale's opponents this year), but Kennedale was more disciplined and consistent.

Phil C
10-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
NO IT HASN'T ALWAYS BEEN THE CASE.

Port Isabel 20
Cuero 20...............when Cuero was #1 in state, #9 Nationally!

Port Isabel won by penetrations.....don't see a "point" difference here!

That is why I am glad they don't go by that anymore and have the overtime. The only thing if you have to go beyond two possessions by each team in overtime I think they should require teams to go for two points like they do in college football overtime. Thank goodness it isn't like the pros. At least in college and high school both offenses for sure get a chance.

Phil C
10-04-2005, 04:12 PM
It must have been a well played game by both teams.

Phil C
10-04-2005, 04:15 PM
I know we may be behind but tonight the Sinton Lady Pirates play the Mathis Lady Pirates in Sinton in a district matchup. Last week the Sinton Lady Pirates won a district game against Aransas Pass and a non-district match against Orange Grove.

Matthew328
10-04-2005, 06:17 PM
For 3 and half quarters Everman did kick Kennedale up and down the field....with 8 minutes left in the game Everman had over 300 yards of offense while Kennedale had 90 that is a 3-1 ratio.....that says it all right there...yes Kennedale made a mistake or two but lets be honest Everman killed themselves....

the teams traded fumbles in the first....

in the second Moore has a snap go over his head....and Kennedale scores with a 30 yard field....then Everman has the bad punt snap and Kennedale scores on a 25 yard field...Everman responds and scores to make it 14-7..lets not forget Everman then stuffs Kennedale 3 and out and drives down to inside the 5 before they fumble away a chance to tie the game....

The third quarter and early 4th was completely dominated by Everman...Kennedale didn't even get a first down!! Then on the last drive Everman gave Kennedale 30 free yards with 2 penalties....Granted in OT Kennedale stepped up and made the plays when needed....no question but if you watched the game and kept the stats (like I did) you would see Everman dominated the game but stupid mistakes turnovers and 13 penalties killed them...Everman still outgained Kennedale 2-1.....but in the end the only score that matters is the final

catdad
10-04-2005, 07:38 PM
it's okay. you can always say, "there's always next year"...again

Matthew328
10-04-2005, 07:56 PM
yeah we have gotten used to that when it comes to Kennedale....I still will take the 2 state championship rings over losses to Kennedale every time!

catdad
10-04-2005, 07:58 PM
oh yeh. i seem to remember reading something about that a few years ago. cool.

garageoffice
10-04-2005, 10:34 PM
I still contend that the stats you quote are misleading, Matt. Sure, Everman had quite a few more yards than Kennedale, but what I remember was big plays, primarily from the quarterback scrambling, to save their bacon after Kennedale had stuffed them a couple of times. It's also not like all those fumbles just fell right out of their hands in the open field.

I imagine close to 200 yards of Evermans rushing was on the quarterback's scrambles, not designed plays. That doesn't sound like an offense that's kickin' anybody around. It's a great performance from a great athlete, but doesn't say much about Everman's offense.

bleedgreen
10-05-2005, 05:35 AM
It appears size does not intimidate Kennedale. They believe they can beat any team they face as long as they execute without too many mistakes. The Everman game was not a fluke. It's been happening all year. I don't know for sure but I'll bet the Kennedale defense is working on finishing tackling by wrapping up this week. Too many times the QB should have been sacked and he got away.
Matthew, now that you've seen the Kats, don't make me mad and leave them off. Give them the respect they deserve.

BootLegNumber5
10-05-2005, 10:22 AM
well for only having ran 30 something offensive plays we did alright, everman's defense kept them in the game