PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think about

Phil C
02-13-2004, 05:07 PM
the fans in Mexico that jeared the America soccer team after Mexico had won 4 to 0 and eliminated the USA team from the summer olymphics? They jeared and were yelling "Osama! Osama!" There is nothing wrong when you cheer for your team but to insult the other team who were your guests! And what is strange is that there 17 citizens of Mexico that had lost their lives in the World Trade Center Terrorist attack.

cubs
02-13-2004, 05:10 PM
Reflection of our society - we see it every day by all ages and at all levels of sporting events, etc. It's sad - and even if you think it whatever happened to having enough good manners not to say it? Must have been the "assertiveness" wave that swept thru several years ago.

Chupacabra
02-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Are those the same Mexicans who are breaking down the door to get into our country? You'd think they would be cheering President Bush for practically inviting more illegals here with the promise of becoming citizens in 3 years.

crzyjournalist03
02-13-2004, 05:58 PM
I didn't hear about that, but it is classless...I mean, we don't jeer at the Canadians every time we play beat them and yell something like "French and Indian War"...totally uncalled for, yet a product of the world that we live in.

ThaRealBulldog
02-13-2004, 06:07 PM
What can you expect from a third world country. If all our best athletes played soccer like in mexico, USA would be no contest champs. But o well soccer is gay and who cares.

fred grunden
02-13-2004, 07:51 PM
When did this take place?

Old Tiger
02-13-2004, 07:58 PM
If your gonna do that then don't try to sneak across the border and come be a conrstruction worker or janitor.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-13-2004, 09:11 PM
ThaRealBulldog:
What can you expect from a third world country. If all our best athletes played soccer like in mexico, USA would be no contest champs. But o well soccer is gay and who cares.lol....

PPHSfan
02-13-2004, 09:33 PM
The United States has a soccer team?

sinton66
02-13-2004, 09:37 PM
And they actually ADMIT it?

Buccaneer
02-14-2004, 04:53 PM
A losing soccer team gets what they deserve !

<small>[ February 14, 2004, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Buccaneer ]</small>

Buckeye80
02-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Off the topic, but this reminds me of the concessions we make to immigrants.
I heard on the radio when I was working in Gonzales that the school board in Houston was mulling over a proposal dissuading teachers from teaching the "battle of the Alamo" to their students. They proposed this because evidently, the illegal Mexican students, apparently not gracious enough to accept a better education than they would have received in Mexico, got their feelings hurt by having the tale recounted to them.
Do I remember correctly that Mexico won the stinkin' battle!!? Why would their feelings be hurt? Besides, that was 150+ years ago! Should I be upset anytime someone mentions the Civil War? Of course not. It's part of history.
Stuff like that just burns me up. This is Texas which if I'm not mistaken is still part of the United States of America. Kids here deserve to hear the history of their own state and country, don't they? I'll say what I've said for the past two and half years now. If you don't like the way we do things here, then please feel free to get the Hell out!

And that was truly classless of the Mexican people to bring up September 11th.

jason
02-15-2004, 08:24 PM
i have an opinion on this..but im just gonna keep my mouth shut so i dont offend anybody...

JasperDog94
02-15-2004, 08:25 PM
Amen Buckeye80!!!

Gasilla
02-15-2004, 08:27 PM
As long as we are the leaders of the free world we will always be met with animosity. People are angry and jealous of what we stand for and they love to see us falter. However, let those same Mexican people be invaded by their neighbors to the South and I'll bet they'd sing a different tune.

PPHSfan
02-15-2004, 08:58 PM
I think the reason they get upset about the Alamo was the final score. What was it? 186 to five gazillion? I would be ashamed of that score too. :D

P.S. If you are offended by my making fun of this topic.......OH WELL. :p

On the other hand..if you are not offended....

I am an equal opportunity offender. I will try to get around to offending you later. :D

Buckeye80
02-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Hey PPHS, that "little johnny" was priceless! It will be circulating throughout East Texas on the morrow.

slpybear the bullfan
02-15-2004, 10:17 PM
Yeah... I ain't got a lot of respect for the country in general. A lot of good people, but they have never been able to get it together.

And I agree with PPHSFan and '66...

SOCCER? Oh yeah, I guess the USA has a team of those too...

spiveyrat
02-16-2004, 07:05 AM
Most people in poor, 3rd world countries are jealous of our freedom, opportunity, and standard of living.

sinton66
02-16-2004, 07:31 AM
That's true, but even young children learn not to bite the hand that's feeding them. Mexico has problems for sure. That's why most of their citizens can't wait to leave there. I personally think it's way past time we start holding other countries responsible for their actions, especially those directed at our citizens.

Phil C
02-16-2004, 09:37 AM
Ironically it was just on the news last night that many Mexican immigrants can't wait to cross over the border to go to work here thanks to President's Bush's immigration bill.