PDA

View Full Version : jasper,wos bc

BHBrave08
09-30-2005, 05:46 PM
any news on where and when they may play again?

Hindsight2020
09-30-2005, 10:37 PM
who knows? If they play again at all. I have heard that power may be restored within 10 days in Orange but I have also heard that it could be anywhere from 3-5 weeks before we get electricity. No electricity = no school = no football!! Sucks bad. It is amazing how bad Orange is. I have not been back but everyone I talk to says it looks like a bomb went off. The eye of Rita passed right over the top of us as it came ashore. They said it is worse than anyone can imagine without seeing it in person. So I think we will be lucky if we see any more football at all. I have a tree through my living room right now so I have other things on my mind besides football. It is sad what this season has come to!!!

White&Crimson
09-30-2005, 10:42 PM
They are saying at least a month before Jasper gets electricity...maybe up to two. My husband went in Monday night to bring supplies in and said it looked really bad. I have the pictures to prove it.

West22
09-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Ijust wonder if they will be a district ?

GS#17
10-01-2005, 10:23 PM
It'll be very interesting. I was in Orange the other day, and the description of a bomb blast is very accurate. Trees and power lines were down everywhere; streets were littered with debris; and several houses and businesses were severely damaged.

However, the good news is that work crews were all over the place, and they've made outstanding progress. Power is slowly being restored throughout Orange, and it shouldn't be too long before the schools are up and running.

Ranger Mom
10-02-2005, 11:32 AM
What are the kids doing? Have they started school somewhere else?

I know Greenwood got 5 students last week displaced by Rita. Two of them are from Vidor and are staying with their grandmother until they can go back home, which they thought would be about a month!

GS#17
10-02-2005, 12:08 PM
From my understanding, some schools have recommended students enroll in other schools, while others have not. I'm assuming a lot of families will have to take their individual situations into account when determining what to do. Orange County (Orange, West Orange, Pinehurst, Bridge City, Orangefield, Vidor, Mauriceville) took a heavy hit, and a lot of houses and businesses were seriously damaged. Even if their school districts aren't asking them to re-enroll somewhere else, they may have to move simply out of necessity to find a place to live or work. Luckily, a lot of structures survived and people will be able to return once power is restored. The good news is that tremendous progress is being made and it shouldn't be too much longer before populated areas are up and running.

Port_town_texas
10-02-2005, 09:47 PM
looks like P.A. will have power within about 10 more days.

Hindsight2020
10-02-2005, 09:48 PM
be assured that the football players from WO-S are sitting around waiting on what is going to happen. As soon as the word comes out to return to school they will all be back if they have to stay with a friend if their house is damaged. This Mustang group is the most dedicated team oriented group I have seen in a long time.

ej2525
10-03-2005, 02:55 PM
I went into BC Saturday to access damages to a friend house who got a tree through his roof & about 2 feet of water in his house. BC does look like a bomb went off there too. I have lots of pictures to prove it. It sucked seeing the school & football field in such bad shape too!

BHBrave08
10-03-2005, 07:02 PM
I know we had a kid from PN-G move in today.

bluechippa75
10-03-2005, 08:56 PM
JASPER SCHOOL IS OUT FOR 9 MONTHS

lostaussie
10-03-2005, 09:07 PM
9 months? new orleans ain't out for that long.

West22
10-03-2005, 09:11 PM
I WAS WONDERING IF THE PLAYERS FROM LOUSIANA THAT CAME TO WOS TO PLAY FOOTBALL MOVED ON AFTER RITA?

West22
10-03-2005, 09:12 PM
I STILL WOULD LIKE THE JASPER QB TO GO TO BH

Port_town_texas
10-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Out 4 nine months???? what about K-Ville and P.A. memorial??

Hindsight2020
10-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Loos like district 24-3A will get to play. Nothing a done deal, but it is looking a lot more positive now from what I have heard!! YES!! the MUSTANGS will get to finish the season. GOOD LUCK to WO-S!!!!

spiveyrat
10-04-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
Out 4 nine months???? what about K-Ville and P.A. memorial??

Don't believe everything you read, man!