PDA

View Full Version : Please Read

chaingang
09-22-2005, 10:05 AM
This should be Sticky!!!!!!!I have up to date info on Rita. I know the TV stations and weather channel are behind on info. I will be posting up to date info on this disasterous Hurricane. Once the server goes down I will post on the 4A site. Here is what was said a couple of minutes ago from him.

My father just told me the worst case scenario has evolved for Jefferson and Orange counties. The storm is now predicted to hit Sabine pass directly. This would put orange county under water well north of I10!!!!!!!!! Here in Lafayette we are under a voluntary evac and Vermillion Parish about 10 miles south of us is under a Mandatory as well as Cameron and Southern Cacasieu Parishes.

If you are in the Golden Triangle get out NOW!!!!!!

chaingang
09-22-2005, 10:09 AM
A little info, I10 East to Baton Rouge is pretty open right now. There was a wreck at exit 99 in Lafayette but I believe it is clesr now. As far as going north, expect a world of delays. West could be a good option as of right now.

chaingang
09-22-2005, 10:29 AM
As of right now the storm is slowing down slightly. This is bad news. There may be a chance of the eye wall colapsing. The colapsing does not mean a weaker storm, the eye will rebuild itself and be as strong or stronger. The good news is bye slowing down it gives more people time to evac, the bad news is that this could mean a tougher time tracking the storm.

chaingang
09-22-2005, 10:31 AM
This is scary!

9/22/2005 11:25 a.m. ET
A hurricane warning has been issued from Port O'Connor, Texas, to Morgan City, Louisiana as category-5 Hurricane Rita weakens ever so slightly.

chaingang
09-22-2005, 10:38 AM
http://www.kfdm.com/pictures/1127387030-Rita.jpg

This is a old one. the track is now about 55 miles east of there.
I will post an updated picture ASAP

chaingang
09-22-2005, 10:42 AM
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT18/refresh/AL1805W+gif/145647W_sm.gif

This one is a little more accurate.

Guys this is no laughing matter!

This one even puts us in harms way now in Lafayette!!!!!

Update, the storn has a trend now of maybe turning more north.

They are having problems tracking at the moment.

chaingang
09-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Update at 1:00 I will post on 4A site. As of right now it puts the eye just east of high island TX.

chaingang
09-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Close to update. We are under vol. evac right now in Lafayette which means not good for Golden Triangle. I am scared to see what the next update will bring. We are probably heading to Mississippi soon.

chaingang
09-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Rita should still make landfall as a large, intense, major hurricane with impacts extending well away from the center. Hurricane force winds extend 75 miles away from the center and tropical storm force winds extend 160 miles from the center. Landfall is possible early Saturday along the Texas or southwest Louisiana coast. Residents and tourists in locations such as Port O'Connor, Bay City, Lake Jackson, Freeport, Galveston, Texas City, Houston, Beaumont-Port Arthur, Cameron and Lake Charles should ALL prepare for a very dangerous landfalling major hurricane.

sahen
09-22-2005, 01:10 PM
that last track up posted on here is going straight through baytown and up through liberty ways....is it more east of that now? i know that would suck for ur area, but im from baytown and liberty so i'd like to know.....

chaingang
09-22-2005, 03:27 PM
As of 3:00 the eye of the Hurricane will hit High Island/ Sabine pass TX. This means total catastrophy for Beaumont ,Port Arthur, and Orange. Guys, this will affect everyone within a 150 mile radius. This is scarry. Anywhere from Matagorda to Morgan City LA will be affected by this storm.

chaingang
09-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Update as of 3:30 pm. Eye of Rita expected to hit Sabine Lake and pass over the Golden Triangle

chaingang
09-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Im not being funny here but yall may have to kiss The Golden Triangle bye!!!! As well as SW Louisiana. Storm surge up to 25 ft at sabine Lake. Eye is projected to hit Sea Rim State Park. This park is located in Southern Port Arthur TX. Yes, the model has shifted even more East!!!!!!!!! Sorry about the spelling, but we are getting ready to shag A$$ and Im a little nervous!

chaingang
09-22-2005, 04:19 PM
http://klfy.static.worldnow.com/images/incoming/hurr_track.gif

This is SCARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chaingang
09-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Down to 912 mb pressure. This thing is growing again!!!!