PDA

View Full Version : Good or bad idea?

b-dogs
09-21-2005, 09:33 PM
We have looked all over the net for vacancies in the Austin, San Antonio, Laredo and Valley area with no luck. The only place that has rooms is Port Isabel. Would you take that chance?

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2005, 09:36 PM
omg your kidding...no rooms anywhere?? insane!!! I don't know for sure where that is...but is has "port" in it , so i'm guessing NOT :( :D

Gobbla2001
09-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by b-dogs
We have looked all over the net for vacancies in the Austin, San Antonio, Laredo and Valley area with no luck. The only place that has rooms is Port Isabel. Would you take that chance?

As of right now it would be a decent choice...

The storm looks as if it will do nothing more than drop a small amount of rain on that area... and since you are not on the island, you will have enough time to get the hell out, just head northwest outta there and you'll be safe...

b-dogs
09-21-2005, 09:38 PM
It's 2 hours south of Corpus. Right next to the water. I don't want to stay at a shelter.

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2005, 09:41 PM
It's 2 hours south of Corpus. Right next to the water. I don't want to stay at a shelter. yah you might be ok....but just depends on if this thing turns or not...how big is your family??

bulldogbark
09-21-2005, 09:45 PM
we live in jasper and my wife called for a friend of ours,,,nearest hotel rooms were texarkansa (sp)

b-dogs
09-21-2005, 09:50 PM
It's me ,my gal and my 18 month boy. I'm thinking we should be fine if it turns north like they are predicting.

Gobbla2001
09-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
we live in jasper and my wife called for a friend of ours,,,nearest hotel rooms were texarkansa (sp)

yah, my buddy at work is dead set on heading West... was looking on the internet, searched every inch of I-10 from Sonora on over, couldn't find anything until New Mexico... so decided to go ahead and stay in Carlsbad, take his kids to the Caverns...

sinton66
09-21-2005, 09:52 PM
I'd suggest a little further west, possibly Laredo, Eagle Pass, Uvalde, Kerrville, Junction, Sonora, San Angelo. If the storm goes as they are predicting, it will turn north shortly after landfall. West would definitely be the best choice.

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
yah, my buddy at work is dead set on heading West... was looking on the internet, searched every inch of I-10 from Sonora on over, couldn't find anything until New Mexico... so decided to go ahead and stay in Carlsbad, take his kids to the Caverns... Now that's evacuation!!!! :eek: :D

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2005, 09:56 PM
Gee i had no idea people were having to go so far to find a room?? :eek: :confused:

b-dogs
09-21-2005, 09:57 PM
I checked Laredo. They had rooms in Nuevo Laredo. I'll pass on that with all the killings going on over there. With my job, I won't be able to leave until Friday morning so too far west won't work for me.

sahen
09-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Gee i had no idea people were having to go so far to find a room?? :eek: :confused:
there are 5.2 million people in the houston area alone.....there is not quite enough hotel rooms for that many people prolly in the whole state, esp. once u take the coastal hotels outa the picture...

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2005, 10:02 PM
I guess so...geezzzzzzzz.....it's getting to be like a bad dream...... :(

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2005, 10:03 PM
I checked Laredo. They had rooms in Nuevo Laredo. I'll pass on that with all the killings going on over there. With my job, I won't be able to leave until Friday morning so too far west won't work for me. Don't you have any family anywhere you can go to??

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by sahen
there are 5.2 million people in the houston area alone.....there is not quite enough hotel rooms for that many people prolly in the whole state, esp. once u take the coastal hotels outa the picture... yeah we have family coming from Beaumont......I hope they make it in time, tho....not leaving until tomm sometime

Over-rated2004
09-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Rita=OVER-RATED

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Over-rated2004
Rita=OVER-RATED

That is so not funny. :mad:

Necked
09-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That is so not funny. :mad:

Scaring hundreds of thousands of people into fleeing the Houston area isn't funny either. Most of these folks would have been alot safer in their homes riding out the storm than they are now. Only the truly vulnerable should have evacuated. There are now litterally hundreds of people stuck on the side of the road with no gas and nowhere to hide when the storm hits. It took me 1hr 45m to travel 3.5 miles on I-45's feeder road to my home in The Woodlands from work yesterday & burned over a 1/4 tank of gas doing it. There is'nt a drop of gas available from Victoria all the way to Beaumont from what I've heard on TV. I'm just gonna sit here with my supplies & ride out the storm like I always have........

76Bornc
09-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Tried getting rooms testerday morning in Kerrville for some family and they told me that the nearest one was Ft. Stockton. I'm sure those are all gone by now.