10-25-2003, 02:45 PM
Is this district that evenly matched?

Manor............2-1
La Grange......2-1
Giddings.........2-1
Elgin.............2-1
Hutto...........1-2
Smithville......0-3

The playoffs are wide open. Any thoughts?

buffalo booster
10-25-2003, 03:04 PM
About a month ago, I predicted:
Giddings 4-1
LaGrange 4-1
Manor 3-2
Elgin 3-2
Hutto 1-4
Smithville 0-5

I felt that Giddings would beat LaGrange at home, but lose to either Manor or Elgin on the road. So far, that is what has happened.

But, for the standings to come out this way, Elgin will need to beat Manor and Giddings will need to beat Elgin at Elgin. From what I've seen and heard, Manor is a better team than Elgin. Could be three teams at 4-1 at the end of the year.

number44loversmithville04
10-25-2003, 07:55 PM
I think Elgin will definetly go to the playoffs. There strong as well as fast. Manor I'm guessing will be third in district, they play great in the first half, but come second seem tired and they kind of just go through the motions of football, but don't play foot ball. Hutto may not place, but keep an eye on them they caused some major upsets in pre-district, and have done alot better so far and it will only get better seeing as they are such a young team. That will definetly give the coaches time to mold them, and I wouldn't be suprised to see them in 3a playoffs next year!

Mustang '89
10-27-2003, 09:24 PM
What if this district ends up with three teams at 4-1? Could possibly happen with Manor, La Grange and Giddings. I'm not trying to jinx my Mustangs.(knock on wood.)

Am I correct in saying the the largest automatically goes Div. I and the remaining two teams are seeded Div. II based on head to head?

backer23
10-27-2003, 11:25 PM
Our district is really wide open now with the LaGrange lost. But I tell you that the best teams will make it to the playoffs. LaGrange has an awesome team and so does Giddings. I really dont know how Elgin is bc we play them this week. I guess we'll know by the end of this week who'll be going to the playoffs. Good Luck to the 24 3A district and most of all..... MANOR...WOOP THE WILDCATS...TAME THEM ON FRIDAY NIGHT...