PDA

View Full Version : Question: Is there a limit to the number of letters given?

cdlvj
09-21-2005, 01:33 PM
?

raider red 2000
09-21-2005, 01:38 PM
are you asking about for one sport or for a comination of sports?

cdlvj
09-21-2005, 02:26 PM
no, just football

BullFrog Dad
09-21-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by cdlvj
no, just football I'm sure that it's four per player but are you talking about team limit?

cdlvj
09-21-2005, 03:34 PM
looking for the entire team.

BullFrog Dad
09-21-2005, 03:42 PM
It's probably the Head Coach/AD's decision.

Old Dog
09-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Years ago lettering was earned by playing for a certain number of quarters in games. I don't think too many abide by that method anymore.

c-town_balla
09-21-2005, 05:12 PM
I saw in Texas Football where a Katy school had lost 62 and returned 8.....so thas 70 and a LOT of players

MARLINDOGS
09-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Alot of coaches letter the players if they contribute.

bulldogbark
09-21-2005, 05:45 PM
heck you can buy the letterman jackets now....way back they were awarded you at the sports banquet. I remember being so proud of mine...now they have Junior high jackets,,,,jackets for just attending school i guess....and! I just shelled out money for a Junior high ring???? what is up with that?:rolleyes:

PhiI C
09-21-2005, 07:15 PM
I feel that any player that sticks with the team and endures the practices deserves to letter no matter what the playing time.

chs_#75
09-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
heck you can buy the letterman jackets now....way back they were awarded you at the sports banquet. I remember being so proud of mine...now they have Junior high jackets,,,,jackets for just attending school i guess....and! I just shelled out money for a Junior high ring???? what is up with that?:rolleyes:

you have to get like 150 plays to letter at our school, and the varsity players are awarded their letter jackets... no purchase.. i think thats the way it ought to be

injuredinmelee
09-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by bulldogbark

Just say no. My daughter comes home everyday thinking she needs something that the school is pushing on them. I understand that their are momentos that are special but by the time you hit high school most kids are way too cool for the old jr high days. In all seriousness you guys that have been out of school for more than 5 years do you still wear your high school ring? Do you still know where it is?

cdlvj
09-22-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Years ago lettering was earned by playing for a certain number of quarters in games. I don't think too many abide by that method anymore.

That and the seniors would get one. You could get two jackets, ie letter as freshman, then you could get another jacket as a junior. Letter as sophomore, then another jacket as senior.

cdlvj
09-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
I saw in Texas Football where a Katy school had lost 62 and returned 8.....so thas 70 and a LOT of players

I looked at their www site, click on coaches, I guess here pretty soon there will be a coach for each individual starter, come on 3 DL coaches and 2 OL coaches.

garageoffice
09-22-2005, 10:40 AM
When I was in school (a long time ago) we earned our letter based upon participation, but we didn't get a jacket until our senior year. It was awarded in a ceremony around October. In Texas you don't often need much of a jacket in October, but we were so proud of them we wore them anyway.