PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale - Hutto game

Dogman_1969
09-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Any talk of moving the Game up to Thursday night? Saw where Cameron - Manor moved to Thursday. Probably a good idea but my 8th grade son will be ticked if they get their game cancelled like the Jr High kids in Cameron - Manor did.

The Streak Continues......................

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-21-2005, 02:45 PM
All Junior Varsity and Junior High games are cancelled. The Varsity game has been moved forward to tomorrow night in Hutto at 7:30.

Johnny Utah
09-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Interesting!!!

Dogman_1969
09-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Probably for the best, but those Jr High kids will not think so........

With Rita heading our way, The Streak Continues..........

Johnny Utah
09-21-2005, 03:12 PM
No need for anyone to be traveling on the roads with a storm this size roaming through. Football, especially JUNIOR high football, can wait!!!

Dogman_1969
09-21-2005, 03:18 PM
The JR High game is on Thursday. It could have been played with no problems on Thursday night. The games on Friday are the ones that can't be played. If you look at it from their point of view, they practice just as hard as the other teams and they are the ones that got pushed aside.

I didn't say I disagreed with the decision, but I do understand their side as well............

Johnny Utah
09-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Lets say the storm came in early!!! People traveling to evacuate all over the place, and a junior high football game is going on??? Come on man!!!! I have kids, surely you jest!!! By the way, it is a Category 5!!! Could be the worst ever to hit the state!!! Your son will be safe at home, that is a awesome thing!!!

injuredinmelee
09-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
The JR High game is on Thursday. It could have been played with no problems on Thursday night. The games on Friday are the ones that can't be played. If you look at it from their point of view, they practice just as hard as the other teams and they are the ones that got pushed aside.

I didn't say I disagreed with the decision, but I do understand their side as well............

Jr High football pays no bills and no one goes to them except the parents and grandparents.

Dogman_1969
09-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Several towns have the idea that JV, Freshman, and Jr high sports don't matter, don't bring in the money, and no one goes to them except the parents and grandparents. Most of those towns start basketball about week 11 on a routine basis............

Johnny Utah
09-21-2005, 03:37 PM
I beg to differ friend. I lived in Rockdale, it is a great sports town, and they love all levels of sport. But, that being said, the only one that matters is Varsity. Let me ask you a question. Let's say it is icey one basketball game night. Would you want your son's team traveling to play??? I think not!!! One year I can remember it rained cats and dogs, flooding everywhere, no sub varsity games, no one was hurt or injured in an accident, very wise choice!!!

sicem74
09-21-2005, 05:40 PM
looks like the streak will not continue

Dogman
09-21-2005, 05:41 PM
I didn't say Rockdale was one of them..........

And yes the Streak continues...........

Johnny Utah
09-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Well, I am sure everyone has the best interest of the young ones in mind!!! I have never been to a place that takes any sub varsity teams for granted. I am sure that when your son is on Varsity one of these days you will see what I mean. Being on Varsity is special and should be treated differently than any other. Just an opinion!!!