PDA

View Full Version : A View From Inside - Rita

Jody
09-21-2005, 07:34 AM
As part of my job I am responsible for an emergency response team within a chemical plant located in La Porte/Deer Park Texas. We are 29 feet above sea level and have explosion proof control rooms to shelter in. Assuming this storm barrels down on us, your's truley will be huddles over a can of spam and riding this fine storm out. We will have very limited or no pwer during this event, however if possible I will post updates about current gulf coast conditions.

Stay away 30 foot storm surge!

pirate44
09-21-2005, 07:36 AM
my dad will do the same thing at a refinery in Corpus Christi. thanks and best of luck to you.

MARLINDOGS
09-21-2005, 07:40 AM
Our prayers are with you.

CHS_Grad '85
09-21-2005, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by MARLINDOGS
Our prayers are with you. ditto

EAGLETOWN
09-22-2005, 12:19 AM
Yeah Jody I feel you pain I am stuck in a plant also.

I shipped my family off to the woods around Center Texas.

I'll do my best to help keep everyone up to speed as long as we have power here.

I am afraid it's gonna get ugly.

Take care!!

Jody
09-22-2005, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN

I'll do my best to help keep everyone up to speed as long as we have power here.

Take care!!

If you have not left Houston, good luck. Taking some 24 hours to get to Dallas. I kissed my personal belongings good-by this morning, filled the bath-tub, ice down some food and drinks, now here I sit. Was gonna buy a kite but igured it may injur someone in Amarillo when hit finally came down.

Dang weather man just keeps making the day even better, looks like now we will get this storm head on. Cat-5 with 210 gust pretty much sucks. Pretty somber day at work, as most these folks live near Trinity or Galveston bays and will most likely have nothing tangible in 48 hours, including myself.

Gobbla2001
09-22-2005, 07:26 AM
Some of the houston folks are better off swinging South somewhere then heading back North of West, that traffic going North is not the place I wanna be...

But if you're gunna head South on 59, wait until around 12 so I won't have to deal with ya... jk... get the hell outta there...

Good Luck, I'm in this plant until 12 and I'm out...

AggieJohn
09-22-2005, 07:30 AM
i'm straight bugging out to s.a., i'm out

chaingang
09-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN

Take care!!

Even though I hate BH......Please be careful guys this thing is headed right at you! Get the hell out of there and be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill be praying for yall.

gobbler grad
09-22-2005, 08:43 AM
I'm here at a plant too and we know what your going through...following procedures to bring these plants down and all the stuff that needs to be tied down so it doesn't blow away...were just about down and waiting for a call to see where we go next...everyone working at a plant this week , BE SAFE..

Jody
09-22-2005, 08:46 AM
All that being said, WOS and Cuero are still over reated....LOL

Just kidding.......please everyone be safe. Sure wished I had went to Amistad fishing....

:D

Old Tiger
09-22-2005, 09:03 AM
be careful

tc8232
09-22-2005, 09:18 AM
everyone becareful heading out. keep us posted as long as you can with updates. hope everyone gets to dry ground and is safe and sound and look forward to hearing from everyone soon

handNthedirt
09-22-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i'm straight bugging out to s.a., i'm out

what happened to your original plan of sitting it out?