PDA

View Full Version : Why giving respect is never respected...

SintonFan
09-21-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm gonna talk about Sinton. Not many perfect citizens. Not many bad citizens. I do know lots of good people though. Sinton has a pretty diverse amount of posters and populance in general. I'm not saying everyone from Sinton should be respected but just hear me out...
For the most part, us folks AND posters have shown great respect for opponents and friends alike. Sinton has had good success in every area of extracurricular activities in school. With all the successes I've seen humbleness too. It heartens me and lots of other posters from here to see a touch of humilty. This is important when you discover life outside of home. A touch of humility can lead to greater understanding of life in general. As important as understanding why someone else received a promotion or as trivial as recognizing self-deprecating humor. Overall, it leads to a greater understanding of yourself and others. Football(and other sports) is a microcosm of life in general. The successes and failures are amplified when you see it right in front of you, not more real, just more obvious. I believe that Sinton as a whole has shown everything but arrogance when it comes to foes, enthusiasm aside.
Why is giving respect not respected? It has something to do with the temerity of the taker. With football or other sports, when you sense an advantage you take it. With humility and respect now looked down on, the "stronger" opportunist seeks to stay on top of everyone... regardless of niceties or decorum.
I'm not saying Sinton is perfect at all. It is apparent that "respecting your opponents" doesn't float when everyone else sinks the boat and hides the oars...
just my .02...
:o

Old Green
09-21-2005, 05:19 AM
Well said SintonFan:clap: :clap:

LogieJoeBean001
09-21-2005, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I'm gonna talk about Sinton. Not many perfect citizens. Not many bad citizens. I do know lots of good people though. Sinton has a pretty diverse amount of posters and populance in general. I'm not saying everyone from Sinton should be respected but just hear me out...
For the most part, us folks AND posters have shown great respect for opponents and friends alike. Sinton has had good success in every area of extracurricular activities in school. With all the successes I've seen humbleness too. It heartens me and lots of other posters from here to see a touch of humilty. This is important when you discover life outside of home. A touch of humility can lead to greater understanding of life in general. As important as understanding why someone else received a promotion or as trivial as recognizing self-deprecating humor. Overall, it leads to a greater understanding of yourself and others. Football(and other sports) is a microcosm of life in general. The successes and failures are amplified when you see it right in front of you, not more real, just more obvious. I believe that Sinton as a whole has shown everything but arrogance when it comes to foes, enthusiasm aside.
Why is giving respect not respected? It has something to do with the temerity of the taker. With football or other sports, when you sense an advantage you take it. With humility and respect now looked down on, the "stronger" opportunist seeks to stay on top of everyone... regardless of niceties or decorum.
I'm not saying Sinton is perfect at all. It is apparent that "respecting your opponents" doesn't float when everyone else sinks the boat and hides the oars...
just my .02...
:o

WOW! What a powerful statement and so eloquently put.

MARLINDOGS
09-21-2005, 06:40 AM
:D :clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate44
09-21-2005, 07:01 AM
ive got to stop reading the posts that have words i cant understand :D