PDA

View Full Version : One of the World's most devastating disasters

PhiI C
09-20-2005, 10:43 PM
occurred perhaps many years before Christ. It was the continent of Atlantis which seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth. Of course many doubt it ever existed but there are those that believe it was a continent located between America and Europe in the Atlantic Ocean. It is supposed to have had had residents of valor and high intelligence and very powerful armies and was an advanced civilization at the time. No one knows what happened but the continent disappeared from the face of the earth. Rumor has it that it was destroyed by an earthquake or perhaps a volcano that caused it to sink down into the ocean. Strange that nothing has been traced for sure to this continent that may have never existed or perhaps was the victim of the worse disaster of all time that leveled an entire continent forever into the space of disappearance.

Bandera YaYa
09-20-2005, 10:44 PM
...I don't have the strength to say what I wanna.............nite all! :rolleyes:

BMOC
09-20-2005, 10:47 PM
I think...I think... Disney made a cartoon about that or something.

crabman
09-20-2005, 10:53 PM
How 'bout them Gobblers..........................

PhiI C
09-20-2005, 10:56 PM
It is referred by many ancient historians but no one knows for sure if it is a myth or not. A 1961 movie Atlantis the Lost Continent was based on this event and was directed by George Pal who also directed hit movies such as The Time Machine and Tom Thumb. It also starred Joyce Taylor who appeared in The FBI Story with James Stewart and Ring Of Fire with David Janson.

BMOC
09-20-2005, 10:56 PM
How 'bout them Gobblers..........................

Wrong Thread Buddy.:D

crabman
09-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Thought Phil was going to go with the Six Degrees of Bacon there for a minute.

No really, HOW ABOUT THEM GOBBLERS!!!!!!!!! :D