PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bubba Joe, found the perfect sig...

big daddy russ
09-20-2005, 12:30 PM
http://mikezornek.com/blog/images/duckhunt.jpg

I thought of you when I saw it.

Bubba-Joe
09-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Love it
Used to have me a duck dog

spiveyrat
09-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
http://mikezornek.com/blog/images/duckhunt.jpg

I thought of you when I saw it.

Remember what happens when you miss the ducks flying on the screen? The dog comes up from from the grass laughing at you. :D

Bandera YaYa
09-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Ha...just cleaned out my closet and have our nintendo system, and the duck hunt gun, ready for the dumpster.....my girls have moved on to X-Box and the likes...kinda sad..... :(

Bubba-Joe
09-20-2005, 01:16 PM
Ya Ya better save that old ninetindo
give it 10years and it will be worth a bundle on E-Bay

Bandera YaYa
09-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Ya Ya better save that old ninetindo
give it 10years and it will be worth a bundle on E-Bay you think??? I have it all...with lots of diff games.....maybe i shouldn't toss it just yet.....hmmmmm..thanks for the tip! :D

spiveyrat
09-20-2005, 01:29 PM
HECK NO! If it still works... Either keep it or sell it to one of those 2nd hand video game stores. Probably wouldn't be worth much right now, though.

Bandera YaYa
09-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
HECK NO! If it still works... Either keep it or sell it to one of those 2nd hand video game stores. Probably wouldn't be worth much right now, though. yeah I'll hang onto it for a while longer....i'll stash it back with my hundreds of unopened basketball cards.......such a pack rat.... :D

Ranger Mom
09-20-2005, 01:36 PM
I found my kids old sega a couple of months ago.

Got it set up and sat down and played "Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine"....

.....and I've STILL got it!!:D

CHS_CG
09-20-2005, 01:36 PM
i still have a sega some where around the house. and like 7 games with it.

spiveyrat
09-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Ever wondered how the game knows where you're pointing the gun? I just went and checked it out for myself:
=========================================
Dear Cecil:

A friend and I were playing Nintendo, the original eight-bit system, and we played Duck Hunt, a game that requires a "light gun." I was wondering: How exactly does the Nintendo game "know" where you are pointing the gun on the screen when you shoot ducks?!? Very mind-boggling! --Matt

Cecil replies:
You're going to give yourself such a smack when you hear this one. Stripped of the high-tech accoutrements (by 1980s standards, anyway), it's the oldest trick in the book. You think you're using the gun to shoot at the TV, right? But really the TV is shooting the gun.

Here's what happens. You shoot at a duck, which appears on an ordinary TV screen. The gun is connected to the game console; pressing the trigger blackens the screen, then causes a duck-shaped white target to appear momentarily. If your aim is true, a photo sensor in the gun detects the shift from dark to light, and bingo--dead duck. In short, the TV emits the light pulse and the gun detects it, not the other way around.

For technical details, see www.howstuffworks.com/question273. htm, which includes a link to Nintendo's 1989 patent on the technology. The patent explains how the dark-to-light shift prevents you from cheating by pointing the gun at a steadily shining light source, a weakness of earlier light guns. You'll also learn how multiple targets can appear on the screen at the same time and how more advanced systems can indicate on the screen exactly where your shot "hit."

Old Green
09-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
you think??? I have it all...with lots of diff games.....maybe i shouldn't toss it just yet.....hmmmmm..thanks for the tip! :D I still have an Atari set with 10 games. Hmmmmm! Maybe ican get 50 dollarsfor it:confused: