PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park fans?

Odis
09-20-2005, 09:19 AM
-Did Dustin turn the corner in the second half Friday night?

I want to think he made a huge step forward in the game.

-Will the defense be able to handle Old High's speed Friday?

I just don't know right now.

-Will we be 1-5 going into district?

Maybe, I'd put the odds at greater than 50%. I heard a coach saying he was pretty sure they would beat Old High, then loss to Gainesville. I don't know if it exactly jives wid ol Odis when a coach says we are gonna lose and it's two weeks till the game.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-20-2005, 10:50 AM
Old High is not that good. IP has a chance to win this game. However, Old High does have some speed and they can score from any part of the field. As far as Gainesville, they look tough. If IP goes into district 1-5 what does it matter? Just have to win 2 of those 4 district games beating the right teams to make the dance.

IP is not the same team as last year that is for sure. However, this years team -- well they still have an opportunity to turn things around and make the playoffs. Kinda of like Vernon and Graham, they probably will not be state champs this year but lets make the playoffs and win a game or two. It is a thrilling moment for those young men to celebrate on the field after a win and lift that trophy up. Even if it is only one time it is great. I should know as I watched my son lift up 4 of them. I have those pictures in my office and I look at them quite frequently when the Lions are losing and think back to what a great season that was.

Macarthur
09-20-2005, 03:33 PM
I think it's going to be a close game, just like all of IP's games. It will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes. I would be skeptical of what the coach "said" unless you heard that first hand.