PDA

View Full Version : Where Are You Headed?

Stretch04
09-20-2005, 08:21 AM
With Hurricane Rita heading in, where are you going to get away?

piratebg
09-20-2005, 08:23 AM
Sending my family to Austin, while I ride it out in Porltand.

pirate4state
09-20-2005, 08:55 AM
If we have to leave then I'll be headed to Big D. :wave: May as well make a "vacation" out of it!! :D j/k ;)

District303aPastPlayer
09-20-2005, 08:59 AM
to the sinton HEB to work :p

pirate44
09-20-2005, 09:05 AM
it depends on where Rita goes. maybe Mcallen, san antonio, or Temple. if she's not as wild as some Rita's i know, we might just stay here:D

AggieJohn
09-20-2005, 09:08 AM
heck i'm going surfing.....in my living room if it gets close

piratebg
09-20-2005, 09:09 AM
Good luck Aaron. I volunteered to work before Hurricane Bret and it was a nightmare. All registers open, lines went all the way back through isles to the dairy section, and we had to collect baskets within an 1-2 block radius. Then after everyone was out, we had to secure the store. I worked from about 6am-3pm with one 15 minuite break. Have fun.

piratebg
09-20-2005, 09:13 AM
Women, managers, and and the odler employees manned the cashiers last time. Stockers and Dept managers had to keep the shelves stocked. Only me and Polo carried out because finding people to come in was very hard.

District303aPastPlayer
09-20-2005, 09:23 AM
i wonder if i work, if i get time and a half... for hazard pay n stuff

3afan
09-20-2005, 09:24 AM
i think i'm safe where i'm at ......

pirate4state
09-20-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
it depends on where Rita goes. maybe Mcallen, san antonio, or Temple. if she's not as wild as some Rita's i know, we might just stay here:D :eek: LMAO! :D

piratebg
09-20-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i wonder if i work, if i get time and a half... for hazard pay n stuff

We did. Either time and a half or double if I remember correctly.

CoolKat
09-20-2005, 09:44 AM
I have never worked at HEB but for double pay I will work. :D

pirate44
09-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Women, managers, and and the odler employees manned the cashiers last time. Stockers and Dept managers had to keep the shelves stocked. Only me and Polo carried out because finding people to come in was very hard.
DANG! the one time all the registers were manned and i was out of town:mad:

District303aPastPlayer
09-20-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
DANG! the one time all the registers were manned and i was out of town:mad:

4th of july, superbowl weekend, easter, and thanksgiving day.... :p

District303aPastPlayer
09-20-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by CoolKat
I have never worked at HEB but for double pay I will work. :D

its not that bad at times... you get paid to talk to people mostly..

pirate4state
09-20-2005, 10:01 AM
its not that bad at times... you get paid to talk to people mostly.. If y'all stop yapping maybe the lines wouldn't be so long! :mad: This is why I avoid HEB at all costs. :rolleyes:

MontyPython
09-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
If y'all stop yapping maybe the lines wouldn't be so long! :mad: This is why I avoid HEB at all costs. :rolleyes: Are you THAT lady who gets to the front of the line and then holds everybody up because something rang up 40 cents more than what it should have been?

piratebg
09-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by MontyPython
Are you THAT lady who gets to the front of the line and then holds everybody up because something rang up 40 cents more than what it should have been?

I hated those people. The ones that were worse were the ones that took a full basket to the express line because they did not want to wait in line.

District303aPastPlayer
09-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
If y'all stop yapping maybe the lines wouldn't be so long! :mad: This is why I avoid HEB at all costs. :rolleyes:

thats mainly getting in the wrong line... i see about twice as many customers as any other cashier... we checked, and yeah... :)

and btw, customers are hte reason there are long lines, not the workers :)

pirate4state
09-20-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by MontyPython
Are you THAT lady who gets to the front of the line and then holds everybody up because something rang up 40 cents more than what it should have been? :hand: NO! I'm not THAT lady. :rolleyes: HEB can keep that .40cents to pay for more cashiers. :evillaugh

District303aPastPlayer
09-20-2005, 10:17 AM
I hated those people. The ones that were worse were the ones that took a full basket to the express line because they did not want to wait in line.

i tell them that i cant take them, that how would they feel if they had a newborn and they needed milk in a hurry, and they couldnt because there was a huge order on express... they just feel bad and go to the other lines

CoolKat
09-20-2005, 10:22 AM
thats mainly getting in the wrong line... i see about twice as many customers as any other cashier... we checked, and yeah... :)

and btw, customers are hte reason there are long lines, not the workers :)

I hate to admit it but this is true. If I see Arron I go to his line since he is pretty fast. Probably because he is doing all the talking and the customers are ready to leave. ;)

piratebg
09-20-2005, 10:26 AM
There was one time a woman did that to me while on express. I asked several times to leave, and she conitinued to unload her basket and just look at me while a line formed behind her. I started telling customers to go around her and that pissed her off. When I did decide to let her through, I grabbed her bread and gave it a little push down the belt. Then I grabbed the eggs and gave them a little push as well. Needless to the she had about half a dozen eggs left and HEB extra-extra thin bread. I got the night off for that one.

District303aPastPlayer
09-20-2005, 10:38 AM
There was one time a woman did that to me while on express. I asked several times to leave, and she conitinued to unload her basket and just look at me while a line formed behind her. I started telling customers to go around her and that pissed her off. When I did decide to let her through, I grabbed her bread and gave it a little push down the belt. Then I grabbed the eggs and gave them a little push as well. Needless to the she had about half a dozen eggs left and HEB extra-extra thin bread. I got the night off for that one.

not a bad idea...

tc8232
09-20-2005, 10:39 AM
was planning a trip to huntsville to see my grandmother this weekend but dont think i want to ride a hurricane out. Im too skered lol someone protect me

BHBrave08
09-20-2005, 11:44 AM
I staying right here!!!

Ranger Mom
09-20-2005, 11:55 AM
When I did decide to let her through, I grabbed her bread and gave it a little push down the belt

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I misread that the first go around.....,I thought it said " I grabbed her BEARD"!:D

mustang04
09-20-2005, 11:57 AM
i might just head to the Texas coast.....havent seen much rain lately:D