PDA

View Full Version : Region I Game of the Week (4): Graham @ Abilene Wylie

codyrsmart
09-19-2005, 11:27 AM
it's the DQ game of the week, and i say wylie by 7. what does everybody see happening this game?

vet93
09-19-2005, 11:30 AM
Wylie by 21 to 28. Waiting for the Wylie Decatur game...should be a dandy.

Bullaholic
09-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by vet93
Wylie by 21 to 28. Waiting for the Wylie Decatur game...should be a dandy.

Ditto, Vet93, I had a similar post almost word for word ready to go, but you beat me to it.

vet93
09-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Great minds think alike!:D

Originally posted by Bullaholic
Ditto, Vet93, I had a similar post almost word for word ready to go, but you beat me to it.

Adidas410s
09-19-2005, 12:49 PM
like I stated on another thread, until my boys in Graham can get a handle on that offense and give their defense a break, EVERY Friday will be a LONG night for them...especially the guys they have playing both ways. Wylie's offense right now is as good as they have ever looked in the regular season. It is very smooth, fluid, and consistent. Other than the Aledo game, the starters have been out after the 1st or 2nd series in the 3rd quarter in the other 3 games, having scored almost every time that they have had the ball. Not to try and talk Wylie up because usually I am not a big fan of doing so...but their offense is scary good! Those of you who know about Wylie know that they will never have the most impressive stats coming into a game...but what Sandifer is capable of putting together on any given Friday is truly amazing. I am looking forward to this game so that I get a chance to go home and it will be my last "fix" for a few weeks as I will be in San Antonio next w/e and miss the Wyle/Decatur game!

Wylie 35
Graham 10

BMOC
09-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Wylie is always well coached and ready to go. They are on fire right now, beating Aledo and Vernon in the last couple of weeks, and starting off 4-0. By the way they are playing, I say will by 14, at least.

NateDawg39
09-19-2005, 02:13 PM
I think the loss to Decatur showed Graham that they have a lot of work to do this week. Being an Eagle once its hard for me to say this but I know Wylie is ahead of Decatur in the talent area and skill level. Graham is a good team and should keep the game close in the 1st half. They will really need to implement the run game against Wylie. They only had three guys carry the ball for about 80 yards or so on like 26 carries(cant remember the true stats).The qb will need to stop tossing picks as well. He had 4 from Decatur. I pick Wylie by 21

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-19-2005, 02:57 PM
Wylie is that good.

Johnny Moxen
09-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Don't know that much about Graham this year, I'll just have to take everyone's word about them. I do know it's very hard difficult to change coaching staffs without some trouble that can cause a team to stumble alone, but throw in a drastic change in philosophies (Option/wishbone to Run N' Gun). As good as Wylie's offense is at this time, I'd say Wylie by at least 21-28 points.

GreenMonster
09-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Wylie 42 - Graham 7

Matthew328
09-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Wylie big

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2005, 08:04 PM
FSN's DQ Game of the Week

Graham Steers, District 5, have new coaches and seem to be struggling of late.

Abilene Wylie Bulldogs, District 4, 2004 D1 state champs are 4-0 and recently had an impressive win against 4a Aledo.

Thoughts?

Pmoney
09-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Wylie-35
Graham-21
Close game til 4th Quarter

Ranger05
09-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Wylie big

Gobbla2001
09-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Graham's in a new system... Wylie's in the same system that has been working for some time now...

I voted for the defending Division 1 State Champions...

Bubba-Joe
09-19-2005, 10:59 PM
BULLDOGS FROM WYILE BY A BUNCH
MIGHT HAVE TO MAKE THIS THE GAME OF THE WEEK ON BUBBAS DIRTY DOZEN

smustangs
09-20-2005, 01:06 AM
i have seen the bulldogs play and i see them runnin away with this one it could get ugly early i believe

MARLINDOGS
09-20-2005, 07:14 AM
Abilene Wylie 42 Graham 14:D

sweetwater07
09-20-2005, 10:26 AM
I think Wylie has this game in the bag for sure....Graham is not so hot from i have heard this year.....and plus Wylie is from the greatest district in state.......I say Wylie-35- Graham-14.............Good Luck Wylie and go 4-3A!!

fury900
09-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Abilene Wylie 52 Graham 0

VWG
09-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Should be the DQ "Bad" game of the week.
In the past few years Graham and Wylie have met up several times, including a double OT thriller two years ago in bi-district playoffs. Most of the games have been close.... but not this year.
Wylie has a great QB in Keenum, starting on varsity since he was a sophomore. Their offense is rolling like a well oiled machine.
Graham on the other hand is your stock market team so far. One week they're up, next week they're down. Inconsistent play on both sides of the ball so far this year.
Wylie by at least 3 TD's.

I do admit I like Sandifer using his second stringers in games for experience. Once a team gets up and the game is out of reach, it's good to see some of the underclassmen get some action. Unlike some other teams who keep their first team in there until about 3 minutes left to go in the game.

pero chato
09-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Should be the DQ "Bad" game of the week.
In the past few years Graham and Wylie have met up several times, including a double OT thriller two years ago in bi-district playoffs. Most of the games have been close.... but not this year.
Wylie has a great QB in Keenum, starting on varsity since he was a sophomore. Their offense is rolling like a well oiled machine.
Graham on the other hand is your stock market team so far. One week they're up, next week they're down. Inconsistent play on both sides of the ball so far this year.
Wylie by at least 3 TD's.

I do admit I like Sandifer using his second stringers in games for experience. Once a team gets up and the game is out of reach, it's good to see some of the underclassmen get some action. Unlike some other teams who keep their first team in there until about 3 minutes left to go in the game.

Every game with the exception of Aledo he's played the house. There are 56 that suit up for Wylie and he'll play them all if possible. I respect the fact that he'd rather give these kids playing time rather than trying to preserve a shutout or run up stats for the starters. Keeps a team concept in perspective.

VWG
09-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Every game with the exception of Aledo he's played the house. There are 56 that suit up for Wylie and he'll play them all if possible. I respect the fact that he'd rather give these kids playing time rather than trying to preserve a shutout or run up stats for the starters. Keeps a team concept in perspective.

Amen to that.

Leopards,class of 75
09-20-2005, 08:31 PM
I am going to pick Abilene Wylie by 21 points over Graham.

gobbler grad
09-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Wylie by a bunch...but there are 3 people that think different...:thinking:

ro_tex_solja
09-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Wylie 45
graham 14

GreenGobbla
09-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Wylie by a bunch...but there are 3 people that think different...:thinking:

they r prolly from graham...wylie by 21

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by VWG
it's good to see some of the underclassmen get some action. Unlike some other teams who keep their first team in there until about 3 minutes left to go in the game.

I agree. Vernon's loss to Wylie could have been a lot worse had the 1st team stayed in. Wylie showed a lot of class. Now there were quite a few flair ups on the field but I think Vernon being a proud program and taking a beating like they did was just too much for several players to take.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Also Wylie by at least 21.

Bubba-Joe
09-21-2005, 01:30 PM
Z motion who do the Lions play this week ?????

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Vernon vs. Burkburnett (4A)

Burk has been doing surprisingly well. Leon Jr. seemed to like them for whatever that means! The Lions get the Bulldogs again this week and there isn't much left after that last Bulldogs they faced!

Vernon should make a game of this one.

football4life
09-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Been watching film on Levelland who played graham this year, and they looked pretty shaky with the spread offense. Sounds like wylie is sharp, looks like we'll be seeing them again. Wylie big.

Whsdogs
09-21-2005, 08:38 PM
I think wylie will toss a shutout in this one....28-0 (would say more but 2nd team can only score so many lol :D )

Ranger05
09-21-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Vernon vs. Burkburnett (4A)

Burk has been doing surprisingly well. Leon Jr. seemed to like them for whatever that means! The Lions get the Bulldogs again this week and there isn't much left after that last Bulldogs they faced!

Vernon should make a game of this one. when i watched wylie play in week 2 they looked pretty polished, i was pretty impressed with how well they were able to move the football without any problems that early in the season.

Steer Fever
09-22-2005, 09:16 AM
like the old saying goes..... dont count your chickens before they hatch... ;)

injuredinmelee
09-22-2005, 01:34 PM
whilke i think this game will be closer than most others (since Wylie is susceptible to the pass), there is also another saying. Wake Up and smell the coffee.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
whilke i think this game will be closer than most others (since Wylie is susceptible to the pass), there is also another saying. Wake Up and smell the coffee.

Wylie's coffee is strong! That nose guard was so fast he was taking our snap from the center!