PDA

View Full Version : If they play.....BC vs Jasper Predictions

Paratrooper
09-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Jasper played WOS to a very close game. I really don't think this is a bad Jasper team at all. Their record may not be really good, but they have played some stellar teams. I will predict Bridge City by only 3 points.
This should be a really good game.

Gobbla2001
09-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Tough to call because I have no clue about BC...

But since I like Jasper, I'll go with them... you sure can't say they're not battle-tested going into the game...

Chris Hart
09-19-2005, 07:02 PM
I see BC winning this one by 10. If they meet again in the playoffs, it could go the other way.

j_dog
09-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Jasper needs a momentum shift going into district and this is their last chance. Jasper wakes up in this game, cuts out the turnovers, and wins by at least 14. :)

Gobbla2001
09-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Jasper wakes up in this game, cuts out the turnovers, and wins by at least 14. :)

This is why I love the Jasper fans, I see them here every day, still supporting their team and displaying their faith in their Bulldogs...

wish I could say the same for Silsbee... heck, I forget what their mascott is... it's been that long since they've posted...

lostaussie
09-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
[B]This is why I love the Jasper fans, I see them here every day, still supporting their team and displaying their faith in their Bulldogs...
/B]

lostaussie
09-19-2005, 07:31 PM
whoops, what i meant to say is yes they do, cause in the long run i think they know what they have.

GS#17
09-19-2005, 07:57 PM
BC hasn't faced a team of Jasper's caliber, yet, but they are playing good ball and have a ton of confidence. Jasper is great, but hasn't played up to their potential since the PNG game a few weeks ago. If Jasper plays their game, I don't see them dropping this one to BC. BC will play them tough, but Jasper has tremendous team speed, they're playing at home, and they just have a ton of weapons. Should be a good game, but I can't go against Jasper.

j_dog
09-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
whoops, what i meant to say is yes they do, cause in the long run i think they know what they have.
Thank you guys. Yes, we do know what we have, and we know the recent Jasper history of messing around until the playoffs. As bad as it now looks for Jasper, if Jasper wins out the rest of the regular season, they will enter the playoffs with the same regular season record they had last year. And, if they do, I wonder how many people will seriously pick against them?

Hupernikomen
09-19-2005, 08:20 PM
I don't know J_dog. I don't have the same confidence in this team as last years. We lost a lot of senior leadership and I think it is showing so far. I think once we find ourselves this year we have the potential to be really good.

wos fan1
09-19-2005, 08:23 PM
Jasper by 14. How is the Senior leadership this year on Jasper? Maybe that's what hurting them?

WOS92
09-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Jasper 42
BC 31

pantherpop
09-19-2005, 09:33 PM
Jasper has not played up to expectations so far this year and Bridge City has played better than expected but I see Jasper winning this game by more than 10 points. Bridge City will get alot of respect if they come out with a win in this one but I believe its time for Jasper to wake up and get ready for district. Its a shame that the hurricane might have alot to do with this game as well as a few others.

Old Cardinal
09-19-2005, 10:27 PM
I think it's close enough that turnovers may decide this game. BC is molding a good team of assorted athletes and will beat Jasper handily if they end up meeting in the playoffs.
Under Johnny Dishon at QB and the year before BC beat Jasper by high scores in 9th grade football. Each year BC has had few Seniors still playing football. This year is different in that they have pulled all 23 Seniors back into training for football and should be more than ready for playoff football when the time comes.

bccards
09-19-2005, 10:29 PM
The news said that if evacuations are to be called, they will start Thursday morning. Should this occur, there will be no football games anywhere in Southeast or East Texas, as East Texas schools will be forced to close, allowing evacuation traffic flow easier. Any Evacuation Host county is required by law to close down their schools until the evacuation has stopped. It's going to be very interesting to see..

Forecast in Bridge City:
Friday...Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s.

Friday Night...Showers and thunderstorms. Strong winds. Not as warm. Lows in the lower 70s. Highs around 80.

Saturday...Showers and thunderstorms. Strong winds. Not as warm. Lows in the lower 70s. Highs around 80.

Saturday Night...Showers and thunderstorms likely. Very windy. Lows in the lower 70s. Chance of showers and thunderstorms 60 percent.

Forecast in Jasper:
Friday...Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s.

Friday Night...Showers and thunderstorms. Very windy. Not as warm. Lows in the lower 70s. Highs around 80.

Saturday...Showers and thunderstorms. Very windy. Not as warm. Lows in the lower 70s. Highs around 80.

Saturday Night...Showers and thunderstorms likely. Windy. Lows in the lower 70s. Chance of showers and thunderstorms 60 percent.

exbccards76'smom
09-20-2005, 05:32 AM
Maybe it will just rain a whole lot. I remember us playing Kelly at Lamar Stadium during a tropical storm. Talk about a mess, but it was fun.

Hindsight2020
09-20-2005, 09:26 AM
bridge city is playing their "A" game right now. jasper is, well, we know how jasper is doing.

i don't see jasper winning, unless they play like they did against wo-s or pn-g. bridge city is very tough this year and sound like a real threat. moye has to step up. good luck to both if the game is played.

spiveyrat
09-20-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Tough to call because I have no clue about BC...

But since I like Jasper, I'll go with them... you sure can't say they're not battle-tested going into the game...

...or hungry!

Old Tiger
09-20-2005, 10:16 AM
BC for shizzle

strike hard
09-20-2005, 11:03 AM
Jasper by 10.

duckbutter
09-20-2005, 11:21 AM
If Jasper can hang on to the ball it will be a long night for BC. I think turnovers will the the key to this game, 3 or more turnovers for Jasper = L.

Paratrooper
09-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by duckbutter
If Jasper can hang on to the ball it will be a long night for BC. I think turnovers will the the key to this game, 3 or more turnovers for Jasper = L.
I do agree that turnovers will really set the tone. Regardless, they will be playing in the rain if it is played. Turnovers may be high on both sides of the ball on this one. The field will be soaked making this a mud bowl of sorts. This could very well be a low scoring game. I still have BC on this one by 3.

JHS_c/o_06'
09-20-2005, 07:14 PM
its amazing how most of yall base your predictions on absolutely nothing.

.....thats ok....throw some dirt on the grave.....but we aint dead yet. It's gonna hit you like a freight train and then your going to feel how i've felt for the past two weeks.

But please....by all means.....count us out.....

89JDAWG
09-21-2005, 09:52 AM
the game will come down to this, will the jasper offense give BC the whole package or will they be working on certain aspects preparing for the playoff run? Our coaching staff will always keep the big picture in mind. although it may be hard to swallow at times, like now! I can not argue with the results. Hopefully by the end of district and leading into the playoffs we will be a well balanced team on offense and can win games running or passing.