PDA

View Full Version : Are the Liberty Panther's not the huggest suprise in 22-3A this year?

AggieJohn
10-07-2002, 01:35 PM
Liberty Panther's started the season 0-3 losing to a great Silbee team,a above average Bridge City team, and a pathetic Stafford Team, since that stretch of games they have won two big games one against early preason district Fav. Splendora and then routing the Shepard Pirates who won their first district game. Liberty Coaches have turned around what was to be the most horrible season ever into a drive for at least a bi-district title....what are your thoughts??? eek!

FBmania
10-07-2002, 03:04 PM
Congrats on your 2-0 district start, Panthers! That is why you never get too down after an early season loss or to high on an early win. But to label BC an above average team...... give them a little more respect than that. :)
If i were to allow myself to look down the road a little i would..... nahhh! I can't do it. We have Wildcats to get ready for. Good luck Panthers next week!

EAGLES!

<small>[ October 07, 2002, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

Reveille
10-07-2002, 03:20 PM
I don't think I would call Silsbee a great team. IMO, BC would have no problem beating Silsbee. Anyway, good luck to Liberty. Glad to see you guys turn it around for the district run.

Old Cardinal
10-07-2002, 03:49 PM
To explayer 2001: How quickly we forget! BC beat you by a substancial margin while playing every player on the bench. Maybe our 2nd and 3rd team looked a little above average to you? It could have been pathetic and you know it! I however, think that Liberty is in the hunt for a spot in the Div. II playoffs-but don't go knocking folks like BC and Stafford who could have embarassed you- even more. Good luck on your quest for one of those spots.

RBARKER
10-07-2002, 03:56 PM
Liberty has had a good turn around yall's win against Splendora was outstanding. I am looking foward to the Bh liberty matchup it should be a good game. how do you think the coldsprings game will end up?

AggieJohn
10-07-2002, 11:57 PM
Old Cardinal:
To explayer 2001: How quickly we forget! BC beat you by a substancial margin while playing every player on the bench. Maybe our 2nd and 3rd team looked a little above average to you? It could have been pathetic and you know it! I however, think that Liberty is in the hunt for a spot in the Div. II playoffs-but don't go knocking folks like BC and Stafford who could have embarassed you- even more. Good luck on your quest for one of those spots.Dear old Cardinal: How could you say something like that. BC has depth and i do give them that, and liberty was not what they are now..but given the new look offense and defense that Liberty has i guarantee you that come playoffs if their was a Liberty-BC matchup like last year, the result would be dramtically different

AggieJohn
10-08-2002, 12:01 AM
RBARKER:
Liberty has had a good turn around yall's win against Splendora was outstanding. I am looking foward to the Bh liberty matchup it should be a good game. how do you think the coldsprings game will end up?To RBARKER: the current line on the game is coldspring by 4 right now...i think that is a generous line for liberty but i do think that it will be a dogfight with liberty the obvious underdog...but we suprised splendora with a new offense...so that's what we are tyring to do with coldspring...and who know's maybe even the HILL as well?

exbccards76'smom
10-08-2002, 08:20 AM
http://www.trianglefootball.net/graphics/pagetop.gif

QBKilla
10-08-2002, 09:19 AM
All I'm gonna say explayer2001, yall better bring yall's A-Game.

AggieJohn
10-08-2002, 09:34 AM
QBKilla:
All I'm gonna say explayer2001, yall better bring yall's A-Game.

40To QBKILLA: So your a QB Killa...not to do any name calling or anything...but it's not going to be like that past..the o'line is consistent behind all state center j. arnold and Liberty's qb s. smart has skills dude.......just plain skills

AggieJohn
10-08-2002, 01:59 PM
Let's keep this topic fresh!!

Bring in some opinions

QBKilla
10-08-2002, 09:32 PM
That one center can't block everybody. We will be ready, I promise you.

AggieJohn
10-08-2002, 11:17 PM
To qbkilla...the line is solid trust me...since the turn around 2 weeks ago...i don't think honestly that i can remember them letting smart get sacked once......i'll buy you a barber's hill hotdog if they do.... :D

Old Cardinal
10-09-2002, 12:30 PM
Liberty is not ready for Barber's Hill! And Bridge City would beat you 60-8 instead of the 30-8 score at the beginning of the year. Remember, they had a new Coach, new offensive scheme and new defensive scheme being tested for the first time, when they played you early in the year. If BH's boy, I believe #40 Jared Dolan maybe-anyway the boy with the big cast coming off soon-is ready to run with the ball, it will strengthen the BH attack even more. Liberty is a candidate for the third spot in your District, nothing more.

AggieJohn
10-09-2002, 01:52 PM
Old Cardinal:
Liberty is not ready for Barber's Hill! And Bridge City would beat you 60-8 instead of the 30-8 score at the beginning of the year. Remember, they had a new Coach, new offensive scheme and new defensive scheme being tested for the first time, when they played you early in the year. If BH's boy, I believe #40 Jared Dolan maybe-anyway the boy with the big cast coming off soon-is ready to run with the ball, it will strengthen the BH attack even more. Liberty is a candidate for the third spot in your District, nothing more.Old Cardinal: How untrue...liberty was under a different defensive and offensive scheme back then.....just like Bridge city.....i believe had liberty been running it's current system back when it played yall it would of been a rather close game like 16-14 or 21-14...something like that...the liberty that showed up against yall early in the season is not anything like the team now...the team picked to win our district...coldsping won in a nailbiter to splendora who we killed by 20 with our new offense..there is no possible way that BC would blow us out like they did earlier in the season...i still give much props to peebles and knight.....those are some truly gifted individuals eek!

AP_OLB_1
10-09-2002, 08:30 PM
remember the reason for that cast?

AP_OLB_1
10-09-2002, 08:32 PM
remember the reason for that cast?

QBKilla
10-09-2002, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I hurt my thumb making my 13th tackle en route to smoking the Anahuac Panthers. Isn't that what you remember?

AggieJohn
10-09-2002, 10:57 PM
AP_OLB_1:
remember the reason for that cast?i don't get it...please explain your post AP_OLB_1

exbccards76'smom
10-10-2002, 12:52 AM
All I will say is that we beat you at the beginning of the season last year, and then beat ya in the playoffs. http://www.trianglefootball.net/graphics/pagetop.gif eek!

FBmania
10-10-2002, 01:51 AM
explayer2001:

AP_OLB_1:
remember the reason for that cast?i don't get it...please explain your post AP_OLB_1BH #40 injured his thumb 1st game of the season against AP. Now he(AP)wants to mouth off like he accomplished something. AP's have had a decent season thus far, don't tarnish it by being proud an opponent was injured!

AggieJohn
10-10-2002, 10:09 AM
exbccards76'smom:
All I will say is that we beat you at the beginning of the season last year, and then beat ya in the playoffs. http://www.trianglefootball.net/graphics/pagetop.gif eek! they deserved to get beat last year...that team didn't deserve anything...they had no leadership from the seniors and their all gone...as for this year...ya they won this game..but shall we meet in playoffs i don't think you'll be so lucky

exbccards76'smom
10-10-2002, 10:18 AM
Just as you have improved, so have we. See ya in the playoffs!! http://www.trianglefootball.net/graphics/pagetop.gif :D

AggieJohn
10-10-2002, 10:31 AM
exbccards76'smom:
Just as you have improved, so have we. See ya in the playoffs!! :D Gladly, with butt whoopings ready to be handed out knight and peebles
http://www.liberty.isd.esc4.net/panther.gif

bccards
10-10-2002, 11:32 AM
explayer2001:

exbccards76'smom:
Just as you have improved, so have we. See ya in the playoffs!! :D Gladly, with butt whoopings ready to be handed out knight and peebles
http://www.liberty.isd.esc4.net/panther.gifSorry explayer2001, the only way Bridge City will meet you again in the playoffs is if Barbers Hill does not make it, and I am fairly sure that they will. You'll have to wait until next year, when both Peebles and Knight aren't there to hand a whoopin to BC, if at all.. Good luck to the Panthers the rest of the year though!

District303aPastPlayer
10-10-2002, 12:12 PM
I will get some slack for this, but WHO is this post about?

exbccards76'smom
10-10-2002, 03:09 PM
Liberty Panthers. http://www.trianglefootball.net/graphics/pagetop.gif

exbccards76'smom
10-10-2002, 03:46 PM
Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gif

Just testing a new gif :D

AggieJohn
10-10-2002, 11:17 PM
to exbccardsmom.....i truly believe that Bridge City will do good this year....so will liberty....but if they meet in the playofffs...theri will be an obvious upset

QBKilla
10-11-2002, 09:45 AM
explayer2001:
to exbccardsmom.....i truly believe that Bridge City will do good this year....so will liberty....but if they meet in the playofffs...theri will be an obvious upsetExplayer I don't know what kind of high you are on right now but me and my BH boys will be glad to knock you down a bit. You know good and well BC and BH would get the best of you.

RBARKER
10-11-2002, 10:09 AM
Liberty you need to : http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Cats__/Cats__wake_up_prv.gif

Old Cardinal
10-12-2002, 01:10 PM
To explayer: Sorry to hear your folks lost to Coldspring...Losing there at the last-had to be a heart-breaker. It sounds like it was a good game however!

AggieJohn
10-13-2002, 04:24 PM
Old Cardinal:
To explayer: Sorry to hear your folks lost to Coldspring...Losing there at the last-had to be a heart-breaker. It sounds like it was a good game however!It was...hat's off to the trojans for a good game...best of luck down the road...still undecisive as to whether or not Coldsprings was just good or whether they were very lucky....

ElMeroMero
10-13-2002, 05:30 PM
Explayer, cmon your Liberty Panthers are good and are in the thick of things like I thought they would be, but lets real. Liberty wouldnt beat BC if they met in the playoffs again. Sure they may have improved but other teams have improved to like BH. On both sides of the ball BH has improved from the O-line to the D-fense. I look for it to be close at the half, but for BH to pull away in the 2nd half like they have this season so far.

AggieJohn
10-13-2002, 10:49 PM
ElMeroMero:
Explayer, cmon your Liberty Panthers are good and are in the thick of things like I thought they would be, but lets real. Liberty wouldnt beat BC if they met in the playoffs again. Sure they may have improved but other teams have improved to like BH. On both sides of the ball BH has improved from the O-line to the D-fense. I look for it to be close at the half, but for BH to pull away in the 2nd half like they have this season so far.ElMeroMero.....all i got to say is that for years Barber's Hill has been telling everyone how good they are...But like it says in the Bible...Pride Cometh before the Fall

BigRed01
10-14-2002, 12:58 AM
explayer, you just plain talk smack. It would be different if you had a team like Newton, Jasper,Burnet or Sinton(quality teams)........however, you have the mighty Liberty Panthers. A team that well......is offensively and defensively challenged.(I guess that's the politically correct way to say you stink-haha) I have seen alot of smack talking prior to a game, but never smack talking after you got walked all over by a team. Don't worry BH after ya'll smack liberty around, you'll have to look out for those rough posts claiming victory only if you don't have your starting defense and offense in (and your coach sits out with a cold.....and just quite possibly you show up to the wrong stadium-haha) Dude Liberty is improved, but don't bank on they have made the miracle turnaround just yet. :D

AggieJohn
10-14-2002, 01:56 PM
i'm not saying that liberty is going to win a state championship...i think everman or burnett pretty much has that one sealed....but i do get tired of consistently hearing how great Barber's Hill is or how great Bridge City is....if they played good teams in the regular season i would cut them slack....and don't tell me how i don't know newton is.....we played them the first round 3 out of the last four years....i know that their has to come a time in every teams history where they historically turnaround a program...and this is liberty's year....i didn't happened when i played ...but if it was to happen (which it is)....i'd want it too happen to these group of guys here...some really stand up guys come from these liberty seniors....plus you also got to remember...we are like the TEXANS right now...we've got 6 sophmores who are consistently in our offense and defense and are making a positive impact.......no love to BHILL...or BC...i think their pride will be thier eventual downfall this year........HAHA.....and yes i do talk a lot of smack...but it's all the truth...."you shall know the truth, and it shall set you free"

RBARKER
10-14-2002, 03:59 PM
Pride is our downfall! give me a break! Pride is what keeps teams going year after year. BH Has beaten Liberty 3 years in a row Liberty talks smack every year then BH puts them in their place. Dont down grade the BH or BC program until you beat one of them. After friday we will see who has played the weaker regular season schedule. Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Panthers http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Cats__/Cats__strange_cat_prv.gif

BH_146
10-14-2002, 05:05 PM
explayer2001, It is fine if you believe that this is a turnaround year for the Panthers and you believe that they will beat Barbers Hill. If one is going to voice an opinion on a message board, I would hope it would be in support of their team. But you make a comment that you would cut BH (and BC) some slack if they played someone in the regular season (I assume you mean in pre-district since a school doesn't control district play and that is part of regular season) without backing it up. If you want your opinion to have some creditability, you need a few facts. Maybe some like this: 1) Liberty's pre-district opponenents have a combined 9-10 record as compared to BH's 12-5 2) before playing Silsbee, LC-M's only victory was in overtime to an 0-6 Bmt. Kelly team 3) the most points that Silsbee has scored in any game this year was against Liberty (40). I could go on but I think you get my jest. In reality, I think the two schools played a comparable pre-district schedule. Dickinson, by far, is the best team of the group. And Silsbee, their record just may be bad luck because they have lost some real close games this year. And this year's game between BH and Liberty ought to be fun to watch.

QBKilla
10-14-2002, 07:39 PM
explayer2001:
i'm not saying that liberty is going to win a state championship...i think everman or burnett pretty much has that one sealed....but i do get tired of consistently hearing how great Barber's Hill is or how great Bridge City is....if they played good teams in the regular season i would cut them slack....and don't tell me how i don't know newton is.....we played them the first round 3 out of the last four years....i know that their has to come a time in every teams history where they historically turnaround a program...and this is liberty's year....i didn't happened when i played ...but if it was to happen (which it is)....i'd want it too happen to these group of guys here...some really stand up guys come from these liberty seniors....plus you also got to remember...we are like the TEXANS right now...we've got 6 sophmores who are consistently in our offense and defense and are making a positive impact.......no love to BHILL...or BC...i think their pride will be thier eventual downfall this year........HAHA.....and yes i do talk a lot of smack...but it's all the truth...."you shall know the truth, and it shall set you free"Explayer we too have many sophomores playing major roles for us. We have 3 soph starters and two more that play just as much as the kids that start in front of them. The talent just keeps coming. You are right about one thing though, "you shall know the truth, and it shall set you free." The truth is BH will take Liberty, so now that you know that you are free to shut up.

Birdman
10-14-2002, 08:23 PM
Explayer2001, are you suggesting that Bridge City and Barbers Hill beef up their schedule? If we were to do that we would have to drop Liberty as they were the weakest team on our predistrict schedule this year. Let's see....we played LC-M which is out of 20-AAAA, Liberty, and then Newton. Yep, Liberty is the weak link here. Now you might want to think a bit before you run your mouth. I can assure that the BH coaching staff is loving you and all the ammo you are providing for their bulletin board. Now on the other hand, Liberty's staff might want to whip your butt! :D

borfmen010
10-14-2002, 08:31 PM
First of all we never downgrade any program we just go in to every game thinking we have a chance to win. If i recall we beat BC when they had their great team which beat Newton in 2000. And to BC i give you your props because you have 2 great players. But 2 players only carry you so far. Liberty has a great chance to turn things around thats what this whole thing is about so if you get mad cause a couple of people have just a little bit of confidence then you are just crazy. Because i hope you dont go into a game thinkin "oh they are so awesome i hope we lose".. stupid....
Liberty probably wont play you in the playoffs but if we do dont even have the thought in your mind that the game will be anywhere near to what it was the first time. And thats all i have to say about that.

Old Cardinal
10-14-2002, 08:58 PM
Mr. Liberty, BC beat you 30-8, while playing everyone on the bench. Now I was pretty neutral about the BH/Liberty game-just hoping it was a well played contest. With you continuing to shoot your mouth off-I think you have the whole region wanting to pull for BH. Likewise, they are hoping that BH keeps the pressure on your team, till the bitter end. I have seen an lot of entries on this board, but your statements and the statements of a few fans in Burnet tend to inflame folks to want to pull against your teams because of your pompousness.

FBmania
10-14-2002, 08:59 PM
The only person doing any real smack talking is Explayer2001. If he will go over most of the posts from BH, BC or whoever concerning the Liberty Panthers,we speak positive about them. Yes we're proud at BH but, when we talk about a predicted win it's just that, predicting a win. Explayer for some reason is jealous of traditionally strong programs. At 2-4 on the season if you want to predict a win go ahead but, just leave it at that. Leave out all of your petty jealousy.

AggieJohn
10-15-2002, 12:27 AM
So it comes down to this....

QBKIlla
Rbarker
El mero mero
BH_146
FBMANIA

vs.

explayer2001

let's wait and see........i'm willing to run my mouth with confidence for a panther win...i think too many things have made it finally an even match...(i.e. uil regulations, drug testing)...so we shall see this Friday...as for barber's hill's FAB FIVE....7:30...gametime.....i'll be with a camera in my hands ready to see some hits...........woah boss!

FBmania
10-15-2002, 09:00 AM
FBmania:
The only person doing any real smack talking is Explayer2001. If he will go over most of the posts from BH, BC or whoever concerning the Liberty Panthers,we speak positive about them. Yes we're proud at BH but, when we talk about a predicted win it's just that, predicting a win. Explayer for some reason is jealous of traditionally strong programs. At 2-4 on the season if you want to predict a win go ahead but, just leave it at that. Leave out all of your petty jealousy.

FBmania
10-15-2002, 09:19 AM
You still don't get it do you boy? It's not us against you it's BH vs Liberty football. This is at least the second time you have brought up drugs, if you can't compete without making stupid and false accusations I'm done talking to you. When you clean up your act I'll go back to ....no check that.... you had your second chance boy! YOU NO LONGER EXSIST TO ME!

Borfmen010, I'll be happy to continue a friendly rivalry with you or any of the real Panther football team or community. We are looking forward to a real competitive game Friday. Obviously I think we will win and I'm sure you feel the same about your Panthers. Let's hope we have an injury free game on both sides.

<small>[ October 15, 2002, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

QBKilla
10-15-2002, 09:21 AM
explayer2001:
So it comes down to this....

QBKIlla
Rbarker
El mero mero
BH_146
FBMANIA

vs.

explayer2001

let's wait and see........i'm willing to run my mouth with confidence for a panther win...i think too many things have made it finally an even match...(i.e. uil regulations, drug testing)...so we shall see this Friday...as for barber's hill's FAB FIVE....7:30...gametime.....i'll be with a camera in my hands ready to see some hits...........woah boss!FYI, Barbers Hill didn't lose ANYONE to drug testing. There aren't any regulations that the UIL could make to better Liberty's chances against BH. I hope you do have a camera in your hand so everytime you look at those pictures you will know how stupid you sound right now.

borfmen010
10-15-2002, 02:04 PM
We're sick of Explayer2001 (exmanager2001) talking all his crap. His views do not reflect those of the Liberty football team. All we want to do is go out and have a hard hitting hard played game. We wish BH luck, but of course we expect to win. See you Friday.
:cool: :mad: :p wink :D :o :( :)