PDA

View Full Version : Aransas Pass

maroonpunt
09-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Yalls score with Skidmore-Tynan really shocked me Friday night. I thought ya'll would man handle the smaller school as yall did last year. Whats the scoop on this one?

AP Panther Fan
09-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by maroonpunt
Yalls score with Skidmore-Tynan really shocked me Friday night. I thought ya'll would man handle the smaller school as yall did last year. Whats the scoop on this one?

Yes, we were sadly dissappointed. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but my son (starting QB) was injured in the first series of plays. He stayed in the game until halftime (we were down 6-0) but could not play in the second half.

I (along with our trainer) took him Saturday morning for x-rays etc... The good news is his collarbone isn't fractured nor does he have a torn ACL, but he does have a high compression ACL injury which will take some healing time.

Needless to say, with everything going on with my son, I didn't get to watch any of the game after the halftime. During the first half, Skidmore played tough and we made some critical turnovers.
It will be interesting to see how they (Skidmore) does playing Odem (this week, I believe)...and we will be facing Refugio, without our QB. :rolleyes:

Skidmore is now 4-0 ... as is Odem. This should be a good game.:)

piratebg
09-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Odem and ST will definitley be a good game. ST beat Odem last year in a close one.

BlueBlood
09-19-2005, 12:33 PM
The good news in AP is that the surf is fixing to be really good.

AP Panther Fan
09-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Odem and ST will definitley be a good game. ST beat Odem last year in a close one.

So who do you think will win this one? I might try to do some comparisons based on Caller Times stats, if I get a chance. Another good game should be the Ingleside/West Oso (in Ingleside).

piratebg
09-19-2005, 12:44 PM
I am going to go with Odem this time. They were pretty worked up after last years loss and they will be taking care of business this year. If I remember correctly, Odem should have won that game, but a goal line stand went ST's way. Odem ran the ball 4 straight times and couldn't get in. A fg would have won it.

maroonpunt
09-19-2005, 01:21 PM
No that was the Mathis game you are thinking of. The ST v. Odem game went into OT last year and ST went for two and one the game. I am going with ST since their coach used to coach here in Sinton.

crabman
09-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Coaches Adam Arroyo and Carl Saenz are both Gobbler alumni. They should do very well in Skidmore. Look for big things from them.

Balboa
09-19-2005, 01:29 PM
hope you sone gets better soon... i heard that another kid got ejected from the game.. is that true

Bullaholic
09-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Yes, we were sadly dissappointed. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but my son (starting QB) was injured in the first series of plays. He stayed in the game until halftime (we were down 6-0) but could not play in the second half.

I (along with our trainer) took him Saturday morning for x-rays etc... The good news is his collarbone isn't fractured nor does he have a torn ACL, but he does have a high compression ACL injury which will take some healing time.

Needless to say, with everything going on with my son, I didn't get to watch any of the game after the halftime. During the first half, Skidmore played tough and we made some critical turnovers.
It will be interesting to see how they (Skidmore) does playing Odem (this week, I believe)...and we will be facing Refugio, without our QB. :rolleyes:

Skidmore is now 4-0 ... as is Odem. This should be a good game.:)

Doggone, seems like AP has had a long, tough, ol' stretch of rough road for a while now, APPfan. Glad to hear your son's injuries were not critical, and that he will heal up to play some more this season. Best of luck to AP and you both.

AP Panther Fan
09-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Balboa
hope you sone gets better soon... i heard that another kid got ejected from the game.. is that true

Thanks to you both...and Balboa, yes, one of our players did get ejected during I believe the third quarter. His foul mouth caused the ejection and then he threw a minor temper tantrum on the sideline and the coach sent him to the field house.

I don't think I would have wanted to be in his shoes Saturday morning.;)

Phil C
09-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Thanks to you both...and Balboa, yes, one of our players did get ejected during I believe the third quarter. His foul mouth caused the ejection and then he threw a minor temper tantrum on the sideline and the coach sent him to the field house.

I don't think I would have wanted to be in his shoes Saturday morning.;)

Or today at practice. :)

Glad our favorite Panther player is going to be ok and be able to play.

Balboa
09-19-2005, 03:17 PM
do you think that your son will be able to play or are the coaches going to save him for district