PDA

View Full Version : Question to Lorena, Caldwell and Cameron:Does Marlin Own District 18?

Pudlugger
10-14-2003, 07:23 PM
Aren't yall getting tired of listening to how Marlin is going to go 5-0 in District? Wish one of yall would put an end to this. :mad:

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

GoForIt
10-14-2003, 10:28 PM
THANK YOU! If you only knew how many times I've said this very thing to myself. Can you imagine what it would be like if Caldwell beat Marlin on their homecoming like they did Ennis last year? There would be a riot worse than ala Rodney King! They'd probably torch the city and hold all sorts of cult rituals. Just scary.

cant stop me
10-14-2003, 10:33 PM
well c tha deal is they prolly will go 5-0 they are for sure gonna spank caldwell and rockdale is gonna beat caldwell so dont forget rockdale there not a joke

lepfan
10-14-2003, 10:42 PM
I think it is funny how they did their dance thing as a team(AND NO BEFORE ANYONE MAKES THE STATEMENT IT DID NOT INTIMIDATE LG)...but now it is something that they say got old or they grew tired of...I can't remember the exact words they said...bottom line is their M square went FLAT...that says a lot...You see that is a difference in the Leps and Marlin...we look at things and think them out before stepping out...our coaches demand discipline from our boys and they get it...it is just a given...athletics and discipline go hand in hand in LaGrange...yes the squeaky wheel always gets the grease but the steady wheel always gets results...

HornetMom
10-14-2003, 10:46 PM
It has been said several times...anything can happen. So yes, its possible someone in D18 will beat Marlin. Could be Lorena or Caldwell or Cameron.
But this week, Caldwell is focused on Rockdale.

GO HORNETS!!!! BEAT ROCKDALE!!!!!! :D :D

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: HornetMom ]</small>

CHS_Drummer04
10-14-2003, 10:53 PM
cant stop me:
well c tha deal is they prolly will go 5-0 they are for sure gonna spank caldwell and rockdale is gonna beat caldwell so dont forget rockdale there not a jokeDidn't people also say that Giddings and Cameron were gonna beat Caldwell too? Look how those turned out. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Each week, the teams play under different circumstances, thus the possibility of the outcome of the games are endless. No one has said Rockdale is a joke...no one in D18 is a joke this year. Every team is good, whick lets us know that we will see some actual football played this year. GO HORNETS!!! BEAT ROCKDALE!!!

marlin fan
10-14-2003, 11:00 PM
well i have friends on both teams so im not going to pick sides but i am going to say have a good and safe game to both Rockdale and Caldwell!!!!!

CHS_CG
10-14-2003, 11:30 PM
The Rockdale Caldwell game is always a good game to me. I have a bunch of friends from Rockdale but of course I am goin to have to go with Caldwell just bc they are my boys! It will be a good game. Right now Caldwell isnt worried about Marlin, we are focused on Rockdale so intill after the game on Friday we are all about beating Rockdale. As for the minute after we play (win or lose) we will be focused on Marlin.

keep_it_real
10-15-2003, 12:58 AM
After this week I will decide if I want Marlin to win out or not........ go rockdale

espn1
10-15-2003, 04:08 AM
Marlin owns 18!

lepfan
10-15-2003, 07:02 AM
espn1:
Marlin owns 18!hahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha....wait I gotta catch my breath

Pudlugger
10-15-2003, 07:11 AM
That's what I thought! LOL :D

cunbed10
10-15-2003, 07:29 AM
HornetMom:
It has been said several times...anything can happen. So yes, its possible someone in D18 will meet Marlin. Could be Lorena or Caldwell or Cameron.

GO HORNETS!!!! BEAT ROCKDALE!!!!!! :D :D Notice the word meet not beat, but meet so Pudlugger stay in your district, 18-3A will be fine, 1998 5-0 1999 5-0 2000 5-0 2001 5-0 2002 5-0 2003 ?.............you didn't here this from me but what he hell 5-0, Doc that's pretty heady for you to try and give Caldwell, Lorena, and Cameron ammunition, something to post on the lockeroom board, but let us worry about these 3 teams, not LaGrange, take two asprin and wait for us to call you, your blood pressure is going to rise if you keep trying to derailed the Bulldogs, What's up Doc!

GoForIt
10-15-2003, 07:40 AM
Yep, I'm looking forward to Bellville eventually giving Marlin a good old-fashioned spanking. :p

HornetMom
10-15-2003, 07:49 AM
cunbed10:

HornetMom:
It has been said several times...anything can happen. So yes, its possible someone in D18 will meet Marlin. Could be Lorena or Caldwell or Cameron.

GO HORNETS!!!! BEAT ROCKDALE!!!!!! :D :D Notice the word meet not beat, but meet so Pudlugger stay in your district, 18-3A will be fine, 1998 5-0 1999 5-0 2000 5-0 2001 5-0 2002 5-0 2003 ?.............you didn't here this from me but what he hell 5-0, Doc that's pretty heady for you to try and give Caldwell, Lorena, and Cameron ammunition, something to post on the lockeroom board, but let us worry about these 3 teams, not LaGrange, take two asprin and wait for us to call you, your blood pressure is going to rise if you keep trying to derailed the Bulldogs, What's up Doc!Oops. eek! That was a typo, I've fixed it. Still believe Marlin could be beat, but of course, all three teams will meet Marlin. :D

espn1
10-15-2003, 08:30 AM
lepfan:

espn1:
Marlin owns 18!hahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha....wait I gotta catch my breathWell if you're having trouble catching your breath you might want to seek help from Pudlugger. Because Marlin is going to win district. If you can't see that then you don't know much about football. Bellville and Marlin would be a good game. I'd have to give the nod to B'ville. Marlin would beat La Grange know problem.

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: espn1 ]</small>

Matthew328
10-15-2003, 09:16 AM
No one in 18-3A will beat Marlin...Lorena and Caldwell are both much better squads...and have earned my respect...but I just don't think either one of them are on Marlin's level...

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
10-15-2003, 09:33 AM
Caldwell will focus on Marlin next week this week it's Rockdale one game at a time.

M-square
10-15-2003, 10:02 AM
Pudlugger
Like i said Marlin will go 5-0 for the sixth time. There hasn't been anyone who was able to beat us. Like last year we went to Cameron as the underdogs and still won. So can we get a little respect. I know LaGrange want win their district though.

theyoefnshow
10-15-2003, 10:11 AM
Underdogs?!?! Every poll in the state had you guys picked over us!! If anyone were the underdogs that game, it was Cameron! As for this year, I think Lorena has the best shot at beating Marlin. They seem to be pretty stiff and I'm curious as to why they haven't gotten much props this year. When do they play Marlin anyway?

Pudlugger
10-15-2003, 10:13 AM
M-square:
Pudlugger
Like i said Marlin will go 5-0 for the sixth time. There hasn't been anyone who was able to beat us. Like last year we went to Cameron as the underdogs and still won. So can we get a little respect. I know LaGrange want win their district though.Yes we want to win our district. :)

CHS_Grad '85
10-15-2003, 10:27 AM
Never say never... any time by anybody... last year was last year... THIS IS NOW... of course the Hornets believe they are going to win district... DUH?!

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: CHS_Grad '85 ]</small>

cunbed10
10-15-2003, 12:33 PM
CHS_Grad '85:
Never say never... any time by anybody... last year was last year... THIS IS NOW... of course the Hornets believe they are going to win district... DUH?!Troy! Troy! Troy! that's who the Dogs have in their sights now.

Pudlugger
10-15-2003, 12:45 PM
dbl post, sorry

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Pudlugger
10-15-2003, 12:48 PM
ESPN 1:
[/QUOTE]Well if you're having trouble catching your breath you might want to seek help from Pudlugger. Because Marlin is going to win district. If you can't see that then you don't know much about football. Bellville and Marlin would be a good game. I'd have to give the nod to B'ville. Marlin would beat La Grange know problem.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Based on what evidence to back this assertion up other than Burnet beat them by 5 tds? :rolleyes:

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

cunbed10
10-15-2003, 12:53 PM
theyoefnshow:
Underdogs?!?! Every poll in the state had you guys picked over us!! If anyone were the underdogs that game, it was Cameron! As for this year, I think Lorena has the best shot at beating Marlin. They seem to be pretty stiff and I'm curious as to why they haven't gotten much props this year. When do they play Marlin anyway?Cameron was picked to win District.

cunbed10
10-15-2003, 12:58 PM
Pudlugger:
ESPN 1:
Well if you're having trouble catching your breath you might want to seek help from Pudlugger. Because Marlin is going to win district. If you can't see that then you don't know much about football. Bellville and Marlin would be a good game. I'd have to give the nod to B'ville. Marlin would beat La Grange know problem.</strong>[/QUOTE]

Based on what evidence to back this assertion up other than Burnet beat them by 5 tds? :rolleyes: [/QB][/QUOTE]LaGrange doesn't have the Cahunas to play Burnet,Ennis....ect so the 10 tds that Burntet would have scored on LaGrange wouldn't have been a factor. I like Pud he's keeping this board interesting for now, but I got a funny feeling, come play-offs he won't be as verbal.

theyoefnshow
10-15-2003, 03:10 PM
maybe in week 0 yeah but by the time predictions for that week came in, 4 out of 5 polls had Marlin.

espn1
10-15-2003, 03:26 PM
Pudlugger:
ESPN 1:
Well if you're having trouble catching your breath you might want to seek help from Pudlugger. Because Marlin is going to win district. If you can't see that then you don't know much about football. Bellville and Marlin would be a good game. I'd have to give the nod to B'ville. Marlin would beat La Grange know problem.</strong>[/QUOTE]

Based on what evidence to back this assertion up other than Burnet beat them by 5 tds? :rolleyes: [/QB][/QUOTE]
Let’s just say that I'm well studied when it comes to 3A football. Many of my opinions are formulated in the same way that I would pick a stock. I combine fundamentals with technical analysis and weigh it by strength of schedule. Couple that with film clips and personnel/college prospects I formulate my opinion. It's not quite that simple but it's close.

espn1
10-15-2003, 03:29 PM
I really have mixed emotions about B'ville beating Marlin. If it happens, I hope to see that game.

Pudlugger
10-15-2003, 05:53 PM
espn1:

Pudlugger:
ESPN 1:
Well if you're having trouble catching your breath you might want to seek help from Pudlugger. Because Marlin is going to win district. If you can't see that then you don't know much about football. Bellville and Marlin would be a good game. I'd have to give the nod to B'ville. Marlin would beat La Grange know problem.Based on what evidence to back this assertion up other than Burnet beat them by 5 tds? :rolleyes: </strong>[/QUOTE]
Let’s just say that I'm well studied when it comes to 3A football. Many of my opinions are formulated in the same way that I would pick a stock. I combine fundamentals with technical analysis and weigh it by strength of schedule. Couple that with film clips and personnel/college prospects I formulate my opinion. It's not quite that simple but it's close.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Like picking stocks eh? Sort of like buying Enron at $100, everyone said it was a great company. We'll see in the next few weeks so no point in belaboring the issue for now. :rolleyes:

GoForIt
10-15-2003, 06:14 PM
If there's one thing I can't stand, it's arrogance and Burnet is full of it once again. If Burnet beats Marlin by a "mere" 29 points, then Marlin should handle anybody? It'll be great to see when your 900-student school plays with institutions its own size. Beating Marlin with an enrollment of 400 students (give or take a fistful) is not THAT much to write Jay Leno about, my friends. The only difference between Burnet and any other school in its region is about 200 or more guys to pick from.

If for no other reason, I respect Marlin far more because they've got a school with barely over 400 kids and they not only schedule larger schools but they hold their own. Go out and beat Austin Westlake and then start bragging, buster.

....and yes, other teams in District 18 have weaker schedules but just because some opponents are weak one year doesn't mean they don't have more athletic kids the next.

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: GoForIt ]</small>

espn1
10-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Pudlugger:

espn1:

Pudlugger:
ESPN 1:
Well if you're having trouble catching your breath you might want to seek help from Pudlugger. Because Marlin is going to win district. If you can't see that then you don't know much about football. Bellville and Marlin would be a good game. I'd have to give the nod to B'ville. Marlin would beat La Grange know problem.Based on what evidence to back this assertion up other than Burnet beat them by 5 tds? :rolleyes: Let’s just say that I'm well studied when it comes to 3A football. Many of my opinions are formulated in the same way that I would pick a stock. I combine fundamentals with technical analysis and weigh it by strength of schedule. Couple that with film clips and personnel/college prospects I formulate my opinion. It's not quite that simple but it's close.</strong>[/QUOTE]

Like picking stocks eh? Sort of like buying Enron at $100, everyone said it was a great company. We'll see in the next few weeks so no point in belaboring the issue for now. :rolleyes: [/QB][/QUOTE]
Good analogy! But I would have placed a Put on Enron. Like you said time will tell.