PDA

View Full Version : Suprising Team So Far(Ups or Downs!)

sicem74
09-18-2005, 09:08 PM
pick one!

Pmoney
09-18-2005, 09:30 PM
i would have to go with jasper on this one i was expecting big things from that team

Gobbla2001
09-18-2005, 09:34 PM
It was in between Jasper and Bellville for me, but I went ahead and voted for Bellville... off to a great start...

Old Cardinal
09-18-2005, 09:34 PM
I have to go with Bridge City. They are going to be pretty tough to beat. Coach Tarver is bringing around those 23 Senior good athletes and molding them into a football team. They have only one Sophomore on the Varsity and he is going to be a hoss by mid-season.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2005, 09:38 PM
WOS if they go to 5-0 one of the strongest schedules to start the season and be 5-0:eek:

MARLINDOGS
09-18-2005, 09:38 PM
I thought Jasper was 1-3.But Jasper has to be the surprise.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by MARLINDOGS
I thought Jasper was 1-3.But Jasper has to be the surprise.
this poll has most of the teams with one less game

sicem74
09-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
this poll has most of the teams with one less game
mistake!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2005, 09:47 PM
np most of us realize what u meant. nice poll

sweetwater07
09-18-2005, 09:51 PM
I really expected to see Jasper up there in the rankings this season so i have to say they have been the most surprising team this year...being from sweetwater we always talk about if we got that far that we would have to play jasper and evetyone is like omg JASPER..but not this year...come on jasper kids kick it up a notch and start playing!!!

sicem74
09-18-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
I really expected to see Jasper up there in the rankings this season so i have to say they have been the most surprising team this year...being from sweetwater we always talk about if we got that far that we would have to play jasper and evetyone is like omg JASPER..but not this year...come on jasper kids kick it up a notch and start playing!!!
foreal!

Old Cardinal
09-18-2005, 10:23 PM
I am going to take up for Jasper a bit. Look, they played a good game against Harris Poll #1 ranked 3A WO-S. They played a real tough 4A Central which only WO-S has handled well. Jasper does have a win against a very good 4A program. They lost to the premier team in 2A Newton.
I can't think of them as "down"! They have just played a torrid schedule and for that they might be quite ready come playoff time. Bridge City has been mopping up the floor with the teams they have faced thusfar, so Jasper has their work cut out for them again this Friday. There is just no let up in their scheduling. That is why some teams are ready for post season and others just have good win/loss records, but playing basketball during HS football playoffs.

mwynn05
09-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Deffinatly Groesbeck they even beat Mart I don't know of anyone who called that.

bulldogbark
09-18-2005, 11:30 PM
Hey OC you are coming to the game right?

Old Cardinal
09-19-2005, 08:07 AM
To Bulldogbark: Maybe, I have a Tree Farm up by Palestine, TX and have a lot to do this week. If I can break away I may drive down to Jasper & see the game. Or I may go watch Palestine play, I have not seen them play this year.

Hupernikomen
09-19-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
To Bulldogbark: Maybe, I have a Tree Farm up by Palestine, TX and have a lot to do this week. If I can break away I may drive down to Jasper & see the game. Or I may go watch Palestine play, I have not seen them play this year.

Pine tree farm?

Jody
09-19-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

Come see BH vs. West Columbia at BH. I'll treat you to some Fried Shrimp at Baytown Seafood. :D

dutchman
09-19-2005, 09:37 AM
The only way the Fairfield vs La Vega game qualifies as an upset, is if you are looking at last years records. La Vega was picked to win this game by at least 8 points.

Old Cardinal
09-19-2005, 11:08 AM
Actually, it's a 45 acre place that has had the pines cut. It is still covered somewhat with big straight oaks and Hickory. I have three Black Walnuts(one giant one) and am stratifying their seeds this winter planning to sprout my own seedlings and grow the place up in a grid of Walnuts!
The place is beautiful, 5 small springs, a spring fed lake and I bought 3 acres and a nice 3 BR farmhouse, adjacent. It's 560 foot above sea level and only 2 miles from the Neches River-- in Anderson County.
It's interesting in that the railroad terminal in Palestine is springing back to life and they can load 3 1/2 logging trucks per railroad car of extra big hardwood and some giant pine going to mills all over the USA. All forestry products are becoming a premium investment. I also hope to plant a test plot of chinkquepin chestnut trees. Do you know of a source for these seeds in East TX area?
I have been buying railroad company stock lately--one good little company has a symbol called RAIL-- how novel. With the cost of fuel for trucking going straight up, the prospect for increased RR shipping is looking quite favorable and quite profitable.
If you know of any cheap land for sale in Houston, Cherokee, or Anderson Counties, let me know.

Old Cardinal
09-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Jody, I am busy right now, maybe we BC folks can meet you guys at the Baytown Seafood prior to the Bi-District game!

That BH is just not being recognized for the tremendous potential that is there.

I have eaten at a number of Baytown Seafood places, but the one in Barbers Hill on Hwy 146 is head-and-shoulders above all the rest!

Old Green
09-19-2005, 11:26 AM
Giddings

sicem74
09-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Giddings
why!

BHBrave08
09-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Definantly a suprisingly bad start from Jasper.