PDA

View Full Version : Port Isabel Tarpons 0-3

footballgal
09-18-2005, 09:10 AM
I have been doing a lot of "Grin and bare it" this season, thus far. As these have been the scores this season;

Los Fresnos(5A) 52 vs PI 6
Monterrey Tech 51 vs PI 0
PSJA Memorial (4A) 39 vs PI 7
next week we play @ Falfurias

But, despite it all I will be there week in week out cheering on my Tarpons! The only consolation for me is that, Los Fresnos has been beating it's opponets in a some what similar fashion in the 5A classifcation and is now 3-0.

Monterrey Tech is also 3-0, after beating Medina Valley (4A), this weekend.

PSJA Memorial (4A) is also a favorite in their district and is also 3-0 thus far.

Some Tarpons fans have been too hard on this young and inexpeirenced team and need to be a little more patient with them. They surely are to imporve, as the weeks go by and also get some of those players off the injury list.

pirate4state
09-18-2005, 10:46 AM
:clap: You are a true fan!! :thumbsup: Hopefully your Tarpons can come on strong in district!!

CheerMom
09-18-2005, 11:44 AM
I agree, you are a true fan. People who can not support their team thru thick and thin just need to stay home. The Tarpons should be proud to have you on their sidelines.

Bull's-eye
09-18-2005, 12:35 PM
We need more fans like you! :clap: It takes some losing to make us really appreciate the winning. Hang in there, things will get better.

SintonFan
09-18-2005, 03:19 PM
PI in playing those tough teams will come out ahead and ready for district. You're a great fan fg!:clap:

footballgal
09-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Thanks Guys! :) I am alright, but it's the Tarpons that need all the support, now more than ever.

footballgal
09-18-2005, 10:55 PM
Tarpons lose third straight game

Port Isabel remains winless
http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/images/uploads/PORT_ISABEL_v._PSJA_MEMORIAL.jpg
By CHRIS COBB
The Brownsville Herald

PORT ISABEL, September 17, 2005 — The struggles continued Friday for the Port Isabel Tarpons.

The Tarpons managed only 59 yards of total offense against PSJA Memorial, losing 39-7 at Tarpon Stadium, dropping their overall record to 0-3.

“We did better,” Port Isabel coach Monty Stumbaugh said. “They got beau coups of turnovers, led to a lot of points.”

Critical mistakes plagued the Tarpons throughout the first half. Port Isabel fumbled on the third play from scrimmage, and the Wolverines quickly moved down the field, scoring on a 1-yard run by Casey Ramirez to go up 6-0.

Later in the quarter, a 41-yard pass from Memorial’s Antanacio Rodriguez to Edgar Lerma put the Wolverines up 12-0. After getting the ball back, Port Isabel quarterback Carr Grienier threw an interception to Andrew Garcia. Memorial’s Julio Salazar only needed two runs to go 50 yards into the end zone and put Memorial up 19-0.

The Tarpons fumbled again on their next possession, this time at their own 27-yard line, which quickly turned into another Wolverine score. To make the mood at Tarpon Stadium even more somber, the Wolverine scored again before the half to put the deficit at 32-0.

Port Isabel’s Mark Villarreal provided the team’s only highlight, taking the second-half kickoff back 95 yards to give the Tarpons their first score in 9 quarters.

“That was heck of a run,” Stumbaugh said.

The Tarpon offense never got anything going against a tough Memorial defense.

“Our defense has been playing some great football,” Memorial coach Joe Sanchez said. “We just went out and executed.”

According to Stumbaugh, the offense just wasn’t on the field enough.

“You can’t play defense all night long,” Stumbaugh said. “You gotta move the ball.”

The Tarpons are hoping that the kinds of miscues that cost them this game can be eliminated before the start of District 32-3A play.

“To me the season starts when we play Hidalgo,” Stumbaugh said. “You want to win ‘em all, but we’ve played three tough games, and I think we’re getting better.”

Stumbaugh’s counterpart was also confident that the Tarpons would be able to turn things around.

“I know that coach and that coaching staff,” Sanchez said. “They’ll be back. I guarantee it. They’ll be in the hunt for the 3A playoffs.”