PDA

View Full Version : Sinton - Cuero Meet and Greet (Merged)

PhiI C
09-17-2005, 09:49 AM
Don't forget the meet and greet at half time Friday night. We meet outside the stadium at the street just west of the ticket office. This is a great time for us to get to meet and put names and faces to posters and to meet again for those that know each other. So everyone show up! It is very friendly and no one will get jumped or hurt at all no matter what the score is. I look forward to meeting RM and the others. Yes I want you to show up there too ro-tex so don't disappoint me. :) We also will be signing the flag at half time and perhaps maybe take pictures by the scoreboard after the game if we can. I will also be at the girls volleyball game between the schools so if you can get off work early make that one. I think it starts at 4:30 but you better check the schedule first on that one. Those that can make it can watch good volleyball then on to the field for some great frajitas and then watch football. I will be the old guy wearing the black San Antonio Spurs cap. Hope to see everyone there and please be at the meet and greet.

Ranger Mom
09-17-2005, 09:56 AM
I can't wait!!! :)

CHS_CG
09-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I can't wait!!! :)

http://www.gcn.ie/newgcn/forum/smileys/sm/yeahthat.gif

marlin fan
09-17-2005, 10:21 AM
at halftime!? nmm ima have to miss the bands!!:nerd:

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by marlin fan
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GreenGobbla
09-17-2005, 10:50 AM

wow, sounds good to me, ill be there

Ranger Mom
09-17-2005, 10:51 AM

ROFLMAO!!:clap:

CHS_CG
09-17-2005, 10:53 AM

i have to miss the color guards so tough toenails toots!:nerd:

marlin fan
09-17-2005, 11:09 AM
whos side are we gonna sit on!! i wanna sit on Sintons side and cheer for cuero with my marlin bulldog shirt on!!:D

44INAROW
09-17-2005, 12:15 PM
whos side are we gonna sit on!! i wanna sit on Sintons side and cheer for cuero with my marlin bulldog shirt on!!:D

LOL good one B :clap:

pirate4state
09-17-2005, 12:26 PM
As soon as I get the flag(s) - I'll post info on where to go for the meet & greet. I don't know how many of you will be in town early so we can have a pre game drink or something. :D I know sinfan75 & sintonfan will love that!! :D

pirate44
09-17-2005, 12:35 PM
so i guess we're not getting together after the game?
sounds like a big crowd. itll be a blast.

Ranger Mom
09-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
so i guess we're not getting together after the game?
sounds like a big crowd. itll be a blast.

I may just have to meet up with yall at halftime....I'm afraid to get to the stadium too late and not get a good seat...or seat at all for that matter.

I planned on being at the stadium between 6:00 and 6:30 at the latest!

crabman
09-17-2005, 12:41 PM
There will probably be 20-30 people there. Would someone please bring a package of nametags and a felt tip marker? It is so much easier to walk up to someone and start talking if you know who the heck they are.

Also, you can look at someone from a distance without actually talking to them and then think to yourself "man, Ranger Mom doesn't look anything like I expected". :D

sinton66
09-17-2005, 12:41 PM
I have pretty much decided to not try to cook anything because of a lack of available funds at the moment. There are several of us that have planned on getting together at Butter Churn before the game. Other than that, we will meet out at the street at halftime to sign the flag and meet everyone. If p44 still wishes to get together after the game, that's cool too.

Ranger Mom
09-17-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by crabman

Also, you can look at someone from a distance without actually talking to them and then think to yourself "man, Ranger Mom doesn't look anything like I expected". :D

I didn't?? I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing?

crabman
09-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Actually you looked exactly like I pictured. Just threw that in for a little humor.

pirate4state
09-17-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I have pretty much decided to not try to cook anything because of a lack of available funds at the moment. There are several of us that have planned on getting together at Butter Churn before the game. Other than that, we will meet out at the street at halftime to sign the flag and meet everyone. If p44 still wishes to get together after the game, that's cool too. Butter Churn....:thinking: that is right across the street from my boss' office :D What time will you guys sit down to "break bread"? I know most of the Cuero fans would like to get back on the road, but it'd be pretty cool to try and get a pic w/ some of the Cuero & Sinton players that are posters!! :thumbsup: I know it'll be hard to get a good M&G before the game as everyone will want to get their seats and "settled" in, but if you can try and make it down.

Even if it is just Sinton posters for the after party that would be cool too!! :D

44INAROW
09-17-2005, 01:01 PM
I am going to break with tradition and leave the stands at half-time for the meet-and-greet :)

Ranger Mom
09-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Even if it is just Sinton posters for the after party that would be cool too!! :D

Is there going to BE an after party??? I won't be in any hurry to get back to Cuero anyway!

sinton66
09-17-2005, 01:09 PM
Butter Churn....:thinking: that is right across the street from my boss' office :D What time will you guys sit down to "break bread"? I know most of the Cuero fans would like to get back on the road, but it'd be pretty cool to try and get a pic w/ some of the Cuero & Sinton players that are posters!! :thumbsup: I know it'll be hard to get a good M&G before the game as everyone will want to get their seats and "settled" in, but if you can try and make it down.

Current plan is to meet 6:00 to 6:30 at Butter Churn.

pirate4state
09-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Current plan is to meet 6:00 to 6:30 at Butter Churn. That is TOO late!! :eek: I have reserved seats and that is still too late!! :nerd: Besides, I can't eat before a game - especially this game. :eek:

pirate4state
09-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Is there going to BE an after party??? I won't be in any hurry to get back to Cuero anyway! There is always a party in Sinton!! :D Just gotta know the right people! ;)

sinton66
09-17-2005, 01:17 PM
That is TOO late!! :eek: I have reserved seats and that is still too late!! :nerd: Besides, I can't eat before a game - especially this game. :eek:

Well, unfortunately I have to work until five and will be coming in from Corpus. I'll have to run in and change, then scamper over to Sinton. Old Green and Gobbla will be driving in from Cuero, so I don't see how we could do it any earlier. This is kinda a tradition with the four of us.

AggieJohn
09-17-2005, 01:34 PM
i'm excited

Buccaneer
09-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Is there going to BE an after party??? I won't be in any hurry to get back to Cuero anyway!

Corner Bar! Can you karaoke?

gobblerfan02
09-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am going to break with tradition and leave the stands at half-time for the meet-and-greet :)

Guess I'll go too.....if I wanna make the drive.....

ro_tex_solja
09-17-2005, 02:08 PM
if i do go to the meet and greet and your there gobblerfan02 u better not start crap..im serious

GreenGobbla
09-17-2005, 02:10 PM
im hopin there is gonna be a party at half time, im not drivin from san antonio if theres not gonna be a party.....the main ones i wanna meet are ro_tex, random hero, and flourhead....that will make my day to have met those three great posters

gobblerfan02
09-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
im hopin there is gonna be a party at half time, im not drivin from san antonio if theres not gonna be a party If you're driving from SA then I'm gonna ride with ya if you still have some room left! BTW, rotex, I won't start any crap, it's really not in my nature to start something!:D

GreenGobbla
09-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
If you're driving from SA then I'm gonna ride with ya if you still have some room left! BTW, rotex, I won't start any crap, it's really not in my nature to start something!:D

to tell u the truth, i am going to make ryan drive so...

ro_tex_solja
09-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
If you're driving from SA then I'm gonna ride with ya if you still have some room left! BTW, rotex, I won't start any crap, it's really not in my nature to start something!:D

then why in the crap are u actin all buff on the here sayin your gonna beat me up??? Trust me on this one....u might just want to stick to tennis:D

gobblerfan02
09-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
to tell u the truth, i am going to make ryan drive so...

I'll just talk to ya'll this week then!

gobblerfan02
09-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
then why in the crap are u actin all buff on the here sayin your gonna beat me up??? Trust me on this one....u might just want to stick to tennis:D dude, you don't even know me, so let's just drop it!

ro_tex_solja
09-17-2005, 03:12 PM
i just hated the fact that u freakin call me out sayin your gonna beat me up and shut me up....if i dont get upset after someone tellin me that than im dumb....but its just funny we are both cuero posters and u want to freakin beat me up....i really am scared so please dont beat me up...im begging u....i might go to the meet and greet if u promise not to beat me up...im shakin right now cuz im scared...just please dont do anything..

gobblerfan02
09-17-2005, 03:30 PM
alright, stop with all the sarcasm Gall"a"way - sorry for mispelling your name earlier, I hate it when ppl do that to me, so I apologize for that mistake.....and no fights at the meet and greet, and you're right, we shouldn't be fighting if we're rootin' for the same team!

gobblerfan02
09-17-2005, 03:32 PM
and no, the previous post wasn't me getting soft either! I was just statin' that all this is stupid anyway!

PhiI C
09-17-2005, 08:51 PM
I know we will meeting at halftime just west of the ticket box by the street and I am sure we will signing the flag and hopefully after the game we can meet at the scoreboard for pictures to be posted on the web. Everyone is invited and we look forward to seeing all the folks from both Sinton and Cuero. This includes ro - tex and don't worry ro no one is going to try to hurt you. This is a friendly meeting as always so everyone that can please show up. Just be sure to get stamped as you go outside so you won't be asked to pay again.

I will be going to the volleyball game that I think starts at 4:30 P.M. so those that want to come by there. The gates don't open till 6 anyway so catch some volleyball if you can get there early and then on to the football field for some frajitas and then some football followed by the meeting at halftime.

gobbler grad
09-17-2005, 09:02 PM
let's do it! :clap:

AP Panther Fan
09-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Pirate4State, when you get the flag, be sure to call me so I can take you to lunch and sign the flag, okay?:)

(besides, I want my ice chest back....j/k of course!) :D :D :D

ro_tex_solja
09-17-2005, 09:08 PM
lol im not worried about anyone hurting me.....me flourhead and green gobbla are goin to show up for it....

Ranger Mom
09-18-2005, 09:58 AM
I talked to We're_Back last night and he said he thinks their coach will let them meet after the game and sign the flag and get pics....so we need to try and set that up also!

TAMUGRAD
09-18-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

Give me a wave and a holler when you go down and I'll go with you; otherwise I'm likely to be so wrapped up in the game that I forget all about the meet and greet.

CHS_CG
09-18-2005, 10:52 AM
I can not wait! Although I had a dream byron made us miss the game :mad: Hopefully that doesnt come true

marlin fan
09-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I can not wait! Although I had a dream byron made us miss the game :mad: Hopefully that doesnt come true oh god ur not gonna be calling me every 5 mins friday are u???

CHS_CG
09-18-2005, 11:15 AM
oh god ur not gonna be calling me every 5 mins friday are u???

not inless you arent here by 1:30!

Ranger Mom
09-18-2005, 11:23 AM
not inless you arent here by 1:30!

Better bring a map to Sinton, just in case....I plan on leaving Cuero no later than 4:00...earlier if possible.

Oh yeah.....B, I have your number too!!:D :D

CHS_CG
09-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Better bring a map to Sinton, just in case....I plan on leaving Cuero no later than 4:00...earlier if possible.

oh i will be there by then, if byron isnt here by 1:45 hes drivin to cuero!

marlin fan
09-18-2005, 11:28 AM
oh i will be there by then, if byron isnt here by 1:45 hes drivin to cuero! nmm it takes about an hour an sumthin to get to caldwell from Killeen, i get off work at 11 i think or maybe 1130

pirate4state
09-19-2005, 02:51 PM
With TS Rita out and about does this change plans for RM, CHS_CG & B?

GreenGobbla
09-19-2005, 02:54 PM

ranger mom, u goin to the pep rally in cuero...not sure what time i will be cuero, but should be around 2, so i will prolly leave for sinton around 4 as well

Ranger Mom
09-19-2005, 04:37 PM
I can't make it to the Thursday game.......but will make another meet and greet in the near future, I hope.

I will be sitting in front of my computer watching the update threads though!

pirate4state
09-19-2005, 04:39 PM
I can't make it to the Thursday game.......but will make another meet and greet in the near future, I hope.

I will be sitting in front of my computer watching the update threads though! If I had free text msg I would text you!! Wonder if I'll get the flag(s) in time? :thinking:

GreenGobbla
09-19-2005, 04:39 PM

I will be sitting in front of my computer watching the update threads though!

:weeping: :(