PDA

View Full Version : Big Daddy Russ and other Aggies

shellman54
09-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Just got a couple of tickets to the A&M vs Baylor game (early birthday present from my girlfriend), and was hoping for some ideas of what to do while we are up there. Would love to go to midnight yell practice, is that open for people like me? Also, if you will be going to the game, would like to meet up with everyone!!

AggieJohn
09-17-2005, 02:32 PM
depends, do you drink or not?

shellman54
09-17-2005, 05:44 PM
yes i do.

AggieJohn
09-17-2005, 06:15 PM
so here's how you want your football weekend to go...arive on friday night around seven or so, and go to freebirds, either on george bush or on university, you have too do that, then if you go to the freebirds on univeristy you will be near the northgate section.......have fun at the numerous bars there..but at about 11.30 or so you want to leave to head to the stadium, if you leave about 11 or so you can get up near the field, and you will be at midnight yell practice....take part and don't be scared....then go from there home, whenever...from there wake up about 12:00 or so...i don't imagine that the baylor game will be televised, so the game will most likely be at six at night, arive around 3 or so on campus and walk around campus, you can tailgate if you want in spence park right next to the school, then go to the aggie fan zone outside of the stadium, there's various foods and stuff to do, then you want to make it too your seats around 45 minutes before kickoff to see all the different things(corps walk in, fly by, spirit of aggieland), then enjoy the schlacking we are going to put on the bears, after tha game, go back to northgate, it's pretty much going to be jumping all over after that game....and then head back to where your staying to sleep, and wake up and leave the next morning...

big daddy russ
09-18-2005, 03:03 AM
I'll tailgate as long as the game starts late afternoon or early evening... it's small and is usually just me, my g/f, my brother and a few of our buddies. You're welcome to come and grab a bite to eat before the game if you want. Northgate is cool after a game like this. For Friday night John had a good idea of walking from Northgate, but if you'd prefer an older crowd the Fox & Hound is a pretty cool place too.

sahen
09-18-2005, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i don't imagine that the baylor game will be televised
there isnt very many other good big 12 games going on that weekend for foxsports....baylor is 3-0 and a&m will be 2-1 w/ the pay back thing and a little rivalry due to baylor's win last year i wouldnt be suprised if it was televised....most likely the 11:30 am game.....if it will be televised we should find out early this week

LogieJoeBean001
09-18-2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'll tailgate as long as the game starts late afternoon or early evening... it's small and is usually just me, my g/f, my brother and a few of our buddies. You're welcome to come and grab a bite to eat before the game if you want. Northgate is cool after a game like this. For Friday night John had a good idea of walking from Northgate, but if you'd prefer an older crowd the Fox & Hound is a pretty cool place too.

Hey, I want to come to YOUR party! Sounds like a real good time. I'd like to see my hometown talent that the Aggies have now, play in person, and witness all the festivities. Reggie McNeal sure made us Lufkinites very proud yesterday and I saw that Javorskie "The Train" Lane carried the ball some.

Good luck to the Aggie team and Reggie and Javorskie!

AggieJohn
09-18-2005, 08:39 AM
i hope it's not televised, that way Russ can have a tailgate and i can see his tail

J-Ag '09
09-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey all, I'll be here on campus. Definitely check out Northgate though, and tailgating is just awesome at the games. Hope to see some of you there.

sahen
09-18-2005, 02:58 PM
i hope it's not televised, that way Russ can have a tailgate and i can see his tail
i hope it is....i cant afford a 60 dollar ticket, esp if im gonna have to sit in the 3rd deck w/ it....

Old Tiger
09-18-2005, 03:19 PM
I'll be at the A&M/Texas St. game for FCA gameday

CHS_CG
09-18-2005, 06:13 PM

like you havent before???