PDA

View Full Version : State winning hopefuls

sm51
07-02-2002, 10:44 AM
Who does everyone think has the greatest chance to win the 3-a D1 and D2 state championships this year?

kaorder1999
07-02-2002, 11:00 AM
Everman in D1...not sure about D2

Bulldog92
07-02-2002, 01:09 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that both champions will come from 20-3A. Jasper has a very good team and will be a contender in D1 and Newton will be one of the best teams in D2. Maybe I'm crazy, but with both teams in the top 10, it is possible...

Old Cardinal
07-02-2002, 01:24 PM
Bulldog 92, You may well have predicted it right......The only teams that might derail Newton are- Bellville or Barber's Hill if it plays out that they fall into the Division II category. Jasper is quite impressive, you're predictions just might be accurate-but that's why we have to play the games, to really see.

RBARKER
07-02-2002, 01:41 PM
DIV I - Jasper vs. Everman
Jasper Wins

DIV II - Bridgeport Vs. Newton
Bridgeport wins

sleepers Barbers Hill, Bridge City, Sinton & Marlin.

[This message has been edited by RBARKER (edited July 02, 2002).]

Jacket2000
07-02-2002, 02:07 PM
Div1-Everman over Sinton(rematch)
Div2-Daingerfield over Crockett(just have a feeling about Crockett this year).
J2K

duckbutter
07-02-2002, 02:25 PM
Two state champs out of 20 3A, wouldn't that be something. You never know!

Bulldog92
07-02-2002, 03:26 PM
Has anything like that ever happened since the state decided to split into divisions? I've been away from TX for over ten years and I'm just now grasping that concept and understanding why they decided to implement it. I have waited my whole life to see Jasper make a run at winning state and I always followed Newton pretty closely, too. like most people from Jasper do. We've always rooted hard for you guys unless we have to play you. It's hard to imagine it ever being a bitter rivalry, but it will be fun to play Newton every year. Unless you've been in the area, it's hard to understand the deep tradition that both schools have and I would be proud to see Newton and Jasper both win it all. Except the Dogs will beat Newton 24-20 in district play. You heard it here first...

M.PIRATEFAN
07-02-2002, 03:55 PM
Look for Sinton to play Jasper and sinton will win. Also Mathis in Division II!!!!!!!Oh and by the way this is 30-3A!!!!!!!!!!

eye of the tiger
07-02-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog92:
Has anything like that ever happened since the state decided to split into divisions? I've been away from TX for over ten years and I'm just now grasping that concept and understanding why they decided to implement it. I have waited my whole life to see Jasper make a run at winning state and I always followed Newton pretty closely, too. like most people from Jasper do. We've always rooted hard for you guys unless we have to play you. It's hard to imagine it ever being a bitter rivalry, but it will be fun to play Newton every year. Unless you've been in the area, it's hard to understand the deep tradition that both schools have and I would be proud to see Newton and Jasper both win it all. Except the Dogs will beat Newton 24-20 in district play. You heard it here first...

Bulldog welcome home. I think 5A and 4A have had champs in both divisions. One of the San Antonio schools and Converse Judson I think did it in 5A and maybe Texas City and Lamarque in 4A. Not a hundred percent sure about this. I think if any district does that in 3A this year it will be your district.

evebulldog01
07-02-2002, 09:21 PM
Hey mpiriate since jasper is in region 3 and sinton is in region 4 they can't play for the state title. Have to go with Sinton vs. Everman in division I but I'm not about to pick a winner out of that one. And DII is a huge toss up.

spirate_9
07-02-2002, 10:01 PM
I would like to see rematch of Sinton-Everman too. Sure hope it happens. I think if some people step up on the defense for Sinton that they can make it back.