PDA

View Full Version : La Grange v Caldwell

Pudlugger
09-17-2005, 10:39 AM
The Leps are improving each week with their new coach and new offense. Their defense has already gelled while the offense has begun to show some spark. The key to the offense in my view is to get the ball to the receivers faster by taking some air out from under the passes. Right now the passes just float too much giving the Dbs way too much time to make the play for the ball. Good news is the great effort Lep running back LaBaron Hutchison #3 had against Gonzales. His second effort and tackle breaking ability were on display Friday night. Look for him to be a factor in the coming weeks as the LG offense develops more balance. Caldwell will be a tough opponent but the Leps have faced Cuero, Sealy and Gonzales, all tough teams. This could be interesting with potential for an upset. Caldwell will be favored though, by about 2 tds.

cdlvj
09-17-2005, 10:45 AM
If they simply would just shuttle the plays back and forth instead of the play calling from the sidelines, they could really have a great season.

This is quote for paper: We had miscommunications and there are times we are not running the same plays.

The offensive scheme is great, but you are going to continue to have problems when the teams is not on the same page.

Pudlugger
09-18-2005, 09:10 AM
Can you run players in and out with a no huddle offense? What are the rules on substiututions in no huddle offenses?

Swarm 51
09-19-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Can you run players in and out with a no huddle offense? What are the rules on substiututions in no huddle offenses?

Yes, a team can run players in and out with a no-huddle offense. No rules apply as far as substituion goes. More and more teams are using the no-huddle. Some teams are wearing wrist bands and look at them for the play they are going to run after the coach signals in the number of the play.

Pudlugger
09-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah the Leps wear the wrist bands. It looks real weak with the Qb looking at his wrist before each play. I'm a purist, I like the huddle, it allows for some suspense. I guess the no-huddle is designed to hurry the defense and create confusion, but it works both ways, especially in hs football.

As for the game, I suspect Caldwell will come in real confident. If the Leps continue on the upward slope of improvement they may be surprised. The athleticism is there and it comes down to grit and determination.

crabman
09-19-2005, 08:09 PM
The sub coming in must come as far as the hash marks. If he is a wide receiver he has to come there and then return to his position.

cdlvj
09-20-2005, 07:22 AM
Yeah the Leps wear the wrist bands. It looks real weak with the Qb looking at his wrist before each play. I'm a purist, I like the huddle, it allows for some suspense. I guess the no-huddle is designed to hurry the defense and create confusion, but it works both ways, especially in hs football.

Don't know how long the coaches will take to figure this out, as the lep offense is totally ineffective. All it takes is for one player to miss the call and the result is either a sack, interception (which btw account for almost all of Woods), fumble.

Caldwell by 2 TD's at least.

Pud it looks even weaker with the entire football team looking at their wrist band.

Old Tiger
09-20-2005, 10:14 AM
I'll go with La Grange

Johnny Utah
09-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Come back to La Grange and coach them up then!!!! New staff, new system, do not care what type of players you have, it takes time!!!! Period!!! Support your team, do not criticize, until you have taken a seat in that first chair!!! La Grange is much improved, I can tell from their scores. Tough schedule, and district. Do you realize that they did not win a GAME in basketball last year!!!!!!!!!!! They used to be GOOD!!!!! Maybe just a drop off in talent!!!

lepfan
09-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Come back to La Grange and coach them up then!!!! New staff, new system, do not care what type of players you have, it takes time!!!! Period!!! Support your team, do not criticize, until you have taken a seat in that first chair!!! La Grange is much improved, I can tell from their scores. Tough schedule, and district. Do you realize that they did not win a GAME in basketball last year!!!!!!!!!!! They used to be GOOD!!!!! Maybe just a drop off in talent!!!

Again, it is the ladder thing I was talking about...sometimes you have to come down off the top of the ladder to get new supplies...then begin your journey back up the ladder ONE RUNG AT A TIME. Sure it will take time...with or without talent when you have a new coaching staff it takes time to develop. The last coach in LG did not come in and immediately win a ring...it took some time to develop.

BULLRUSH
09-20-2005, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pudlugger
I'm a purist, I like the huddle, it allows for some suspense. I guess the no-huddle is designed to hurry the defense and create confusion, but it works both ways, especially in hs football.

The no huddle alows the coach to see how a defense is going to line up to a certain formation, then they are able to make the appropriate play call. It takes time to perfect this style, but once they get it down; look out. Ya'll defense will keep you in games until the big O gets clicking. Don't give up on it yet. I know you have to look at a whole lot more of the field to see all of the LaGrange players, but that is not a bad thing. Good Luck Leps.

Pudlugger
09-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Well, I agree it takes time and the Leps seem to be improving each week, so I'm optomistic. Let's see how they do Friday against a very good Caldwell team in the district openner. Go Leps!

systemofaflamer
09-20-2005, 11:50 PM
Well, I agree it takes time and the Leps seem to be improving each week, so I'm optomistic. Let's see how they do Friday against a very good Caldwell team in the district openner. Go Leps!

I'm hoping you're talking about potential when you say "very good caldwell team" because as of this year, that doesn't seem to be the case. Don't get me wrong, not trying to criticize, but losing to hearne and such doesn't qualify for very good. I do think they will beat La Grange, but it will most likely be a good game.

powerranger
09-21-2005, 09:40 AM
La Grange and Caldwell will be a good matchup. La grange had a tough start with Cuero and Sealy and need to bounce back. Caldwell couldn't hang with Bellville so I think this is going to be a close game. The team that scores the most points will be the team that becomes victorious. Haha

BIFF
09-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Hey has the la grange caldwell game moved or are there thoughts about it

CHS_CG
09-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by BIFF
Hey has the la grange caldwell game moved or are there thoughts about it

my best friends mom said the game has been moved to Thursday Night.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-21-2005, 01:31 PM
The game has been rescheduled for Thursday Night @ 7:30 pm in LaGrange.